Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Genetics of the Peloponnesean populations and the theory of extinction of the medieval Peloponnesean

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,067
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcelow View Post
    But IBD sharing with Maniots and Italians is low, whereas with other Peloponnesians its very high. All modern Europeans share ancestry with each other, even Greeks with Basques. No doubt southern Italians share ancestry with Slavs, probably from a very long time ago and in small amounts, (0-5%)
    But I think the same would be true for Sicilians even if they have low IBD sharing with the isolated (RE: inbred) populations of southern Mani (who, FYI, also do not plot with Aegean islanders or Anatolian Greeks according to the study).

Sicilians have almost no NE European DNA, it would be shocking for me if they have any IBD sharing with Slavs above 2%. I do know from another IBD study they have IBD sharing with North Africa, though, but I am not on Anthrogenica anymore so I cannot access the link to show it. My guess is southern Italians would have more IBD sharing with the Levant than with Slavs, even. And the likelihood of IBD sharing with Slavs exceeding 10% is very, very unlikely.

This needs to be put in context. The Maniots might not share a lot with other southern Italians in IBD, but they shared more with southern Italians than with any other non-Greeks, and shared nothing with Levantines, French, NE Europeans, or Iberians of any significance.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,501
    Given: 1,415

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    But I think the same would be true for Sicilians even if they have low IBD sharing with the isolated (RE: inbred) populations of southern Mani (who, FYI, also do not plot with Aegean islanders or Anatolian Greeks according to the study).

Sicilians have almost no NE European DNA, it would be shocking for me if they have any IBD sharing with Slavs above 2%. I do know from another IBD study they have IBD sharing with North Africa, though, but I am not on Anthrogenica anymore so I cannot access the link to show it. My guess is southern Italians would have more IBD sharing with the Levant than with Slavs, even. And the likelihood of IBD sharing with Slavs exceeding 10% is very, very unlikely.

This needs to be put in context. The Maniots might not share a lot with other southern Italians in IBD, but they shared more with southern Italians than with any other non-Greeks, and shared nothing with Levantines, French, NE Europeans, or Iberians of any significance.
    I dont really think the northeastern ancestry in Sicilians should be used to quantify the shared ancestry between the two groups. The ancestry would probably be from before the split of indo-European tribes in the Steppes, before today's Slavic people absorbed their northeastern component from people who already lived there.

Anyways, it probably would be low, probably 0-5% at max.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I dont really think the northeastern ancestry in Sicilians should be used to quantify the shared ancestry between the two groups. The ancestry would probably be from before the split of indo-European tribes in the Steppes, before today's Slavic people absorbed their northeastern component from people who already lived there.
    My point is Sicilians have almost no Indo-European ancestry, and almost no connection of any kind to NE Europe. The difference between the Peloponnesians and the Sicilians is likely the Slavic affinity in the Peloponnesians, however small it is.

My guess is Sicilians have almost no shared ancestry with NE Europe. I don't see how it could be otherwise. What is clear is, 10%+ would not happen. However low among Peloponnesians it'd be even lower in Sicily, and not even close.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Like this is an example. Here, some of the southern Italians are basically Cypriots. I doubt those would have any shared ancestry with Slavs.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,501
    Given: 1,415

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Like this is an example. Here, some of the southern Italians are basically Cypriots. I doubt those would have any shared ancestry with Slavs.

Actually the study didnt differentiate between which regions in Italy, so you may be right about Sicilians sharing close to 0% with Slavs, but from central/south mainland up they no doubt do.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Actually the study didnt differentiate between which regions in Italy, so you may be right about Sicilians sharing close to 0% with Slavs, but from central/south mainland up they no doubt do.
    I mean Sicily, Calabria, Lucania, and Apulia. Of course, based on this: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...included-here)

The least 'European' sampled are the Sicilians from Catania, then those from Agrigento, then Calabria, so I suspect these are the Cypriot-like ones. Campanians would likely be more overlapping with the Peloponnese, because of their slightly elevated northern affinities.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,929
    Given: 6,738

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sant Feliu de Guíxols View Post
    The results can be greater than 12% you stupid muslim. The study said slav markers can be anywhere from 0% to 14%. Who taught you to lie to strangers? Your mother? I never seen a race such as the Albanians. You are so used to stealing and lying - you assume others behave the same way. You have not read the fucking study like Labia. You are just commenting shit. I don't blame you however. I blame the Ottomans. The only thing they could have done to make bastardised Illyrians more stupid - they did. They added Islam. The experiment was complete. A race of thieves and people traffickers par excellence. There are some Albanians with dignity - however they are like what is left of the slavic input in the Peloponnese: 0% - 14%.
    Another sandnigger who can't handle the heat, I see you're one of those dimwits who got used with fairytales preached by your priests and academia, get used with genetic truth that you are just a conglomerate made up of everything and not descend of ancient greeks, slav is just another addition of many inputs you have in your veins, not to mention albanians, vlachs, armenian related asia minor people and God knows how many turks in your closet.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

1 Not allowed!

It's an classic of this pseudo-scientific greek papers starting always with an attack against an important personality as Fallmerayer. It's what can be considered, an ad hominem attack. This people don't want to concentrate on the argument, the slavic presence, they attack the others.
    Something interesting from the page of Fallmerayer, can help us to understand the brainwashing of neogreeks:

Fallmerayer's name eventually became "a symbol for hatred of the Greeks", and Nikos Dimou wrote (only partly in jest) that he had been raised to imagine Fallmerayer as a "blood-dripping Greek-eater" (αιμοσταγή ελληνοφάγο).[53] In the twentieth century the charge of "neo-Fallmerayerism" was occasionally used by Greek scholars in an attempt to discredit the work of certain Western European scholars, including Cyril Mango, whose work bore no actual relation to Fallmerayer's.[54] (The charge was also heard outside of Greece, for example, in the course of a debate between Kenneth Setton and Peter Charanis.[55]) The first modern Greek translation of Fallmerayer's work appeared in 1984.[56]
    Last edited by Laberia; 03-27-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sant Feliu de Guíxols View Post
    The results can be greater than 12% you stupid muslim. The study said slav markers can be anywhere from 0% to 14%. Who taught you to lie to strangers? Your mother? I never seen a race such as the Albanians. You are so used to stealing and lying - you assume others behave the same way. You have not read the fucking study like Labia. You are just commenting shit. I don't blame you however. I blame the Ottomans. The only thing they could have done to make bastardised Illyrians more stupid - they did. They added Islam. The experiment was complete. A race of thieves and people traffickers par excellence. There are some Albanians with dignity - however they are like what is left of the slavic input in the Peloponnese: 0% - 14%.
    "blood-dripping Greek-eater"
    Lol. This is how they fuck your brain.

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast

Thread Information