Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

Default Hermann Neubach's WW2 letter about Balkans

I just found this interesting article that I wanted to share with my fellow Bosniaks. It's in Bosnian but I will translate some of the important parts:

http://bosnae.info/index.php/projeka...ine-u-projektu

Hermann Neubacher was the Third Reich's "expert for the Southeast" (Western Balkans or ex-Yugoslav region).

Among his plans was the establishment for a "Serbian federation" (an euphemism for "Greater Serbia") which would consist of Serbia proper, Montenegro and Kosovo. The Bosniak minority in Sandzak would apparently serve as a "counterbalance" to the Serbian leaders in Belgrade (Milan Nedić was supposed to become President of this Greater Serbia).

As far as Bosnia proper goes, it would remain a part of the NDH, and just as Sandzak Bosniaks served as a counterbalance to Belgrade, Bosnian Bosniaks would serve as a counterbalance to Pavelić and the NDH.

Most importantly however, he requested Bosnia to be organized via mono-ethnic municipalities ie. Bosniak, Serb and Croat municipalities. Multi-ethnic cities would have to be divided, and regions had to be cleansed via population resettlement (this is very similar to Milošević-Tuđman-Karadžić-Boban ideology in 90s).

His personal opinion about Bosniaks was that they would be useful as a "buffer zone" between Serbs and Croats.

This article should teach BPNP junkies that even Axis Powers were hostile towards Bosniaks and went along the lines of the Cvetković-Maček plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Last Online
    06-21-2023 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    TITOV SDP! 15 kila speed-a & Bakir's sunglasses
    Hero
    Gavrilo Princip, Mehmed Mehmedbašić, Roza Papo
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,463
    Given: 725

1 Not allowed!

I really hate Bosniaks who look at nazis and think "yeah they were great people, good for Bosnia and Bosniaks". I mean I get the Handzar thing and I don't blame the people, they had their reasons and it's the only SS division to revolt but beyond that Bosnia was just part of Croatia. If anything Communists did much more for Bosnia as a country than the Nazis so maybe Bosniaks should stop acting like Germany and Croatia are friends of BiH.

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold-Shekel View Post
    I really hate Bosniaks who look at nazis and think "yeah they were great people, good for Bosnia and Bosniaks". I mean I get the Handzar thing and I don't blame the people, they had their reasons and it's the only SS division to revolt but beyond that Bosnia was just part of Croatia. If anything Communists did much more for Bosnia as a country than the Nazis so maybe Bosniaks should stop acting like Germany and Croatia are friends of BiH.
    Handzar Division leaders tried to get an autonomous Independent State of Bosnia under Nazi Germany, meaning they had the same goals as Bosniak Partizans. The difference is that Bosniak Partians succeeded whereas the Handzar guys failed. I don't think there was a single "right" side for Bosniaks in WW2 to be honest, it was just a question of what was the lesser evil (Serboslavija or NDH).
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    High-quality
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,391
    Given: 6,153

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post

Hermann Neubacher was the Third Reich's "expert for the Southeast" (Western Balkans or ex-Yugoslav region).

Among his plans was the establishment for a "Serbian federation" (an euphemism for "Greater Serbia") which would consist of Serbia proper, Montenegro and Kosovo.

Part of it. Most of Kosovo was under Albanian Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albani...43%E2%80%9344)

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Handzar Division leaders tried to get an autonomous Independent State of Bosnia under Nazi Germany, meaning they had the same goals as Bosniak Partizans. The difference is that Bosniak Partians succeeded whereas the Handzar guys failed. I don't think there was a single "right" side for Bosniaks in WW2 to be honest, it was just a question of what was the lesser evil (Serboslavija or NDH).
    Bosniaks are usually oportunists, it's no secret. However I think that the Reich would have ultimately been bad for Bosnia and Bosniaks even if they had their own country while with the commies Bosniaks got their country even though it was after the fall of the reds. We can't change history but I think we can agree it could have been worse.

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold-Shekel View Post
    Bosniaks are usually oportunists, it's no secret. However I think that the Reich would have ultimately been bad for Bosnia and Bosniaks even if they had their own country while with the commies Bosniaks got their country even though it was after the fall of the reds. We can't change history but I think we can agree it could have been worse.
    I will later maybe open a thread about WW2 sometime, it is an extremely important part of Bosnian (and Bosniak) history which has been very poorly researched by Bosniak historians.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I will later maybe open a thread about WW2 sometime, it is an extremely important part of Bosnian (and Bosniak) history which has been very poorly researched by Bosniak historians.
    Yeah, I think that it gets overlooked because of this war we had in the 90's but it was at least as important to Bosnia as the last war. (my opinion)

Thread Information