I have thought about this idea and whether it is good or unpractical. Volunteerism in regards to taxes argues that the biggest robbery or involuntary exchange is that between the government and the individual, the government takes your money and can leisurely overspend the money towards services or other not needed excessively. And by not being able to choose where you have your property invested in it is unconsensual. While the argument for taxes is that it produces the public services we need. An argument against volunteerism is that it does not work in many instances. One example was in the great depression where campaigns were volunteerism was encouraged that the people helped come together to save and put their resources together. however this campaign was very unsucessful Many times in the street people are homeless but get looked over or not typically thought of by ordinary folk. Most people even when in the same presence do not volunteer to help others. But sometimes it works like in go funds me, but typically it does not in most occasions.
An argument for volunteerism for example: in the military that a soldier would want someone who has their back and who is not afraid to step in the line of duty for others. I have heard that from from a military person when discussing about would a draft be more ideal then volunteerism. However if the military had drafts he would have more soldiers at his side.

So do you believe it is better to have volunteerism or to be volun-told since people shy away from contribution?