Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 🐝10 Health Benefits Of Honey 🐝

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

7 Not allowed!

Default 🐝10 Health Benefits Of Honey 🐝

10 Health Benefits of Honey

Discover the health benefits of one of the oldest sweeteners on earth, plus some interesting trivia, some great recipes and a few cautions.

Bees swallow, digest and regurgitate nectar to make honey; this nectar contains almost 600 compounds. We need our bees, so let’s do everything we can to save them and keep them here on this earth.

Honey is so good we have included it in our list of powerfoods that should be in your kitchen right now.

Health Benefits of Honey

1. Prevent cancer and heart disease

Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.

2. Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
    Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis. This may be related to the 3rd benefit.

3. Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal
    “All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide,” said Peter Molan, director of the Honey Research Unit at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.

4. Increase athletic performance
    Ancient Olympic athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. This has now been verified with modern studies, showing that it is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than other sweeteners.

5. Reduce cough and throat irritation
    Honey helps with coughs, particularly buckwheat honey. In a study of 105 children, a single dose of buckwheat honey was just as effective as a single dose of dextromethorphan in relieving nocturnal cough and allowing proper sleep.

6. Balance the 5 elements
    Honey has been used in ayurvedic medicine in India for at least 4000 years and is considered to affect all three of the body’s primitive material imbalances positively. It is also said to be useful useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.

Honey is referred as “Yogavahi” since it has a quality of penetrating the deepest tissues of the body. When honey is used with other herbal preparations, it enhances the medicinal qualities of those preparations and also helps them to reach the deeper tissues.

7. Blood sugar regulation
    Even though honey contains simple sugars, it is NOT the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners. Its exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels. Some honeys have a low hypoglycemic index, so they don’t jolt your blood sugar. Watch this video Sweetener Comparison where I compare stevia, brown rice syrup, honey, molasses and agave, and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each.

8. Heal wounds and burns
    External application of honey has been shown to be as effective as conventional treatment with silver sulfadiazine. It is speculated that the drying effect of the simple sugars and honey’s antibacterial nature combine to create this effect. Studies have shown honey to be very successful in healing wounds.

9. Probiotic
    Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria. This may explain many of the “mysterious therapeutic properties of honey.”

10. Strengthen the immune system
    Manuka Honey has been found to stimulate the production of immune cells according to a study at the School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK.

Extra!

For Beautiful skin

Its anti-bacterial qualities are particularly useful for the skin, and, when used with the other ingredients, can also be moisturizing and nourishing!

Different honeys have different flavonoid profiles, depending on the floral source of the nectar. The most beneficial honeys for the body are Manuka and buckwheat.

Types of Honey

Manuka honey strengthens the immune system. The Kiva Certified UMF 15+ – Raw Manuka Honey 15+ is lab-certified to UMF 15+ standard and is raw. This is a genuine Manuka Honey harvested from the remote hills, forest, and coastal areas of New Zealand.

Buckwheat is as a healthier alternative to cough syrup and good for the immune system.

Wildflower – Topanga Quality Wildflower Honey is raw, unfiltered and unpasturized. Kosher too.

Alfalfa – Stockin’s Unheated and Unfiltered Raw Alfalfa Honey is made in Saskatechewan, Canada from Alfalfa Blossoms.

Black Locust has the lowest glycemic index (32) of all of the honeys.

Raw Locust Honey by the Beekeeper’s Daughter is light, clean, and very aromatic and floral.

Blueberry

Orange Blossom

Clover – Uncle Henry’s Honey was voted best tasting raw honey by honey lovers and is from the purest wildflower fields of Canada.

There are at least 40 types – each one has distinctive taste and unique properties.

Darker honey tends to have higher antioxidant levels.

Monofloral honey (honey from a single plant species) usually has the lowest glycemic index (GI). For example, locust honey from the Black Locust tree has a GI of 32. Clover honey, which is used commercially, has the highest glycemic index at 69.

Honey Suggestions

If you want to get the goodness from your honey, make sure it is pure and raw.
    Raw honey contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes not present in refined honey.

Honey Cautions

• Best not to feed to infants. Spores of Clostridium botulinum have been found in a small percentage of honey in North America. This is not dangerous to adults and older children, but infants can have a serious reaction of illness in the first year. Do not add honey to baby food or use as a soother to quiet a fussy or colicky baby. Most Canadian honey is not contaminated with the bacteria causing infant botulism, but it’s still best not to take the chance.
      “Do not let babies eat honey,” states foodsafety.gov, a web site of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
    • Honey is a sugar, so do not eat jars full of it if you value your good health and want to maintain a healthy weight. It has a high caloric value and will put you on a sugar high and low.

To cook with honey or not: There is some controversy about cooking with honey, although I cannot substantiate it from all of my research about honey.

“…when honey is heated above 108 degrees Fahrenheit, it becomes transformed into a glue-like substance that is extremely difficult to digest. This substance is considered a toxin (ama), since it adheres to the tissues of the body and is very difficult to remove.” ~ quote from the Ayurveda Wellness Center

That said, I am not convinced that we should not cook with honey, although I am not using it in most of my cooked recipes until I get to the bottom of this.

http://www.realfoodforlife.com/healt...fits-of-honey/

❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    09-10-2022 @ 09:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Ancestry
    Dinarische Alpen, Pannonien
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    G-L497
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,469
    Given: 941

0 Not allowed!

Everything is true but, where western people (for example you) buying honey? In markets? It's everything but not honey...
    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Croatian +50% Serbian @ 2.265001

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer
    how come the age of I2a2 Din subclade exactly coincides with the age of Bosnian Pyramids?

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalist / Ethnopluralist
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Europa Nazione View Post
    Everything is true but, where western people (for example you) buying honey? In markets? It's everything but not honey...
    There are several honey-makers or bee-culturers in my area... don't know about the UK but I'm not supposing they don't make honey. I don't consider myself "Western", false dichotomy IMO, but I guess you're thinking of me as well.
    Pigs can fly... in your face.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Ancestry
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    G-L497
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    There are several honey-makers or bee-culturers in my area... don't know about the UK but I'm not supposing they don't make honey. I don't consider myself "Western", false dichotomy IMO, but I guess you're thinking of me as well.

I mean generally western Europe, USA, Australia, Scandinavia...that's what we call ''west'' .

how come the age of I2a2 Din subclade exactly coincides with the age of Bosnian Pyramids?

Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 08:59 PM
    Made in Ukraine and transported to America
    Meta-Ethnicity
    From the land of Slavs
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Boringggg
    Hero
    Trinity God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,310
    Given: 3,146

2 Not allowed!

I have been cutting down on using sugar in my tea and coffee. Lately been drinking tea and coffee without it to the point of seeing no difference now yay. Anyway honey is sweeter than sugar so big no no for me. Plus I don't like the taste of it. Just wayyyy too sweet. So when I ever did have or do have honey it is veryyyy little.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,627
    Given: 10,189

1 Not allowed!

Number 5: Mix honey and chamomile tea it helps for throat irritation.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I mean generally western Europe, USA, Australia, Scandinavia...that's what we call ''west'' .
    The thread is about honey.

卍Descendant of a Simurgh and Garuda卍 Shah-Jehan's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-22-2017 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    卍Indo-aryan/Indo-Iranian卍
    Ethnicity
    বাঙালি
    Ancestry
    Aryavarta + Eranshahr
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Aryan
    Politics
    বাংগালীয়ানা
    Hero
    Ishvar
    Religion
    ইসলাম
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,474
    Given: 11,852

2 Not allowed!

In my culture, they feed honey to babies after they're born, so that their "speech is as sweet as honey".
    The Indo-Aryan Languages--------Beautiful Bengal--------Kashmir: Paradise on Earth--------The Nord-Indid Phenotype--------Ethnic Groups of Southern Asia

卐Janani Janmabhumischa Swargadapi Gariyasi卐

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Ancestry
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    G-L497
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    The thread is about honey.
    You started
    Brb.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You started
    Brb.
    No. My post was about honey. Yours aren't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information