Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Take Any Medications Or Have An Addiction To Any Prescription Pills?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 08:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Highlander Greek
    Ancestry
    Mountains....mountains Gandalf
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Alpine Pontid
    Hero
    Herodotus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,066
    Given: 11,454

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    It's the sulphites in wine. You might allergic and yeah, ouzo and sambuca are great.
    Rakia too!!

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    Not sure if trolling or not, lol. I am not one of those guys who is against being medicated if feeling ill, just to make it clear. I just always try to use it as a last resort. Anti-depressives is a big no for me though, since I have seen its consequences.
    What consequences was that since millions of people take SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) anti-depressants which boosts the amount of the serotonin hormone (usually found in daylight) to help people with either SAD (seasonal activity disorder/wintertime blues) or with various levels of clinical depression - where people lose all interest in things they used to enjoy and become unresponsive, apethetic, and numb towards people around them.

I'm sure that I read somewhere once that there's a high percentage of people in both France and the UK who take anti-depressants. A therapist told me that over 50% of people in the UK take anti-depressants.

I've seen (and personally know of) the even worse consequences of being left medically untreated. People can end up cutting themselves, slashing their wrists, or taking overdoses or trying to self-medicate with alcohol or illegal street drugs, rather than getting properly prescribed medications by qualified doctors for their illness, before they end up being hospitalised.

I know of an Irish person who's diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder too who's like a maniac and is a risk to himself and to others when he misses his medication.

He ends up being violent and talks to the trees and is abusive to anyone around him who he gets paranoid of ... and he gets sectioned over and over again in hospitals, and it requires police who arrive in vans to force him into the hospital ward under section of the Mental Health Act. He gets strapped-down for his own safety and for the safety of the doctors and nurses treating him while they inject him and calm him down.

I've seen it happen to lots of the more volatile patients in hospitals. They get put on 24 hour watch by the nurses who act like security guards in those places and flash bright lights over the beds on patients every hour during the night to check you've not harmed yourself. (You need sleeping pills to sleep at night in hospital with lights being flashed on you every hour and people screaming and shouting and setting off the panic alarms all night.)

After he's been injected daily and stays in hospital for a few months every year, he's fine and normal again when he returns home with his prescribed medication pills for his condition.

I've never been forced against my will to be in hospital, but have taken the advice of doctors who said I needed professional treatment in hospital as I was neglecting myself and not eating properly for over a year due to being depressed. I lost my appetite and lost interest in playing on my piano, and didn't want to see or speak to any of my friends or family for over a year.

I felt like I was in a dark place and that I couldn't snap out of it or help myself. I just couldn't smile at anything in life and kept crying for hours and hours everyday that went on for over 7 months, and then I became unresponsive, apethetic, and numb. That was before I received medical intervention in hospital, followed-up with weekly therapy and medications.

I met some other quiet patients with the same symptoms in hospital and I no longer felt ashamed and isolated with the problem. I used to not tell people how I felt, and try to hide myself away and isolated from my relatives and friends because I didn't wish to bring them down by not smiling and being glum and unresponsive around them, and so I pretended to be fine and just told people I needed my own space.... like wearing a mask infront of people which was a strain to uphold when I was falling apart and couldn't cope or help myself to get out of that dark place I was in for a long time.

Electroshock therapy treatment to the brain is only used in very extreme cases of severe depression, if patients don't respond to SSRI antidepressant medication, or other types of antidepressant medications.

If patients are left medically untreated, they could present a risk or a danger to themselves and to society. The consequences of that could be far more devastating.

I rarely look at what's happening in the world news as it's difficult to concentrate and read and it depresses me.... but like everytime we hear in the news after a school shooting about a very troubled or bullied or paranoid teen with mental health problems walking into a school with a gun... (you know the tragic ending of those depressing news reports.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 03-19-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    O-M176
    Taxonomy
    CM-Pontid.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,796
    Given: 4,238

0 Not allowed!

No.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

I can relate to this American gothic classical and electric violinist, viola player, pianist, choir singer, poetry writer and reader, spoon-player and harpischord player (who plays a lot of baroque music on her harpsichord), Emilie Autumn.

She was sectioned and locked-up in a hospital due to a diagnosis of bipolar disorder that she takes daily medication for and she said she desperately wishes that she could find a cure for it.

She said that she's asexual due to the side-effects of her medication that lowers and inhibits her sexual drive, and also due to trauma from multiple childhood rapes.

She has a tattoo of her hospital number on her arm.... because she said she felt like she was treated like just a patient number in hospital, rather than a human with feelings.

She made this song about the way doctors and nurses threaten patients and treat them with pills and ECT (electroshock therapy to the brain) in hospitals and forced her to take various medications. She said she wasn't allowed to be given a pen while in hospital, so she wrote the lyrics with a spare crayon on paper.

Music is an outlet for her emotions and she created the music-genre 'Victoriandustrial' (Victorian combined with modern industrial music) as she's a history buff on Victorian society and she loves dressing in Victorian-era clothing.

She features 'tea-time therapy' and dark humour while she sips tea on stage to talk very politely and calmly with her audience, and sings how 'Tea will rock you!' and sings about Bipolar and features fire-eating performances and fire-dancing, inbetween reading-out poetry she wrote herself and also some poetry that she loves by her idol Shakespeare to her audience.

She says that 'classical music rules' during her live performances on stage to cheer people up while bringing her pet rats onto the stage and singing how misery loves company from her music albums about Victorian society and mental asylums. Sometimes she sings and chants in an angelic choir voice and plays very soothing new-age music, and sometimes she rocks classical music on her viola and violin, and plays medieval baroque music on her harpsichord, and sometimes she's features Victoriandustrial music. Her styles are very varied.

I also love the film 'Girl, Interrupted' featuring Angelina Jolie (who used to cut herself in real life and relate to gothic people, and she's into knife-throwing, and carried a vial of Billy Bob Thornton's blood in a vial around her neck on her wedding day and they had each others names written in their blood on their shirts when they arrived on a motorbike for their wedding, and she once said she wanted to be a vampire and said she wanted to hire a professional hitman to kill her.) Winona Ryder is also in the film, (who was hospitalised in real life as she's a kleptomaniac who stole from department stores, despite being rich.)

The film is about females in hospital after being abused by their parents and having eating disorders, etc, and the ways they cope to get through the system of lining up in long queues when it's time to take medications before the staff let you go to sleep at night, and it shows how they find techniques and ways to cope on the mental wards of psychiatric hospitals.

I met my best friend from Croatia in hospital who was a quiet and gentle female too... and she tried to kill herself after her son died and she couldn't cope with the pain of losing her child.

People are at their most vulnerable and are often doped-up with a range of medications in hospital and a lot of your personal items are removed from you when you arrive on the ward of a psychiatric hospital, (like phone chargers, coathangers, lighters, and even sharp tweezers and pointed combs... so that you can't harm yourself. They still insist on taking these away from you and keeping it behind the ward reception desk - even if you don't have any history of self-harming!)

The nurses check through all your suitcase and bags on arrival to the ward. They act more like security guards rather than therapeutic nurses treating patients, even though many patients have never committed any crime and are treated like criminals in those institutions and don't know when they'll be released from hospital.

If you leave the ward for a walk, you have to be accompanied by a nurse until a doctor gives you permission for daily leave to be allowed to go for quiet walks outside by yourself. You still have to declare to the nurses where you're going and what time you'll be back which they log in a book, and they write down a description of the clothes you're wearing incase you run away. They body-check you when you return to the ward at the due time to check you have no sharp objects, pills, or lighters to harm yourself with.

Every hour on the ward, the nurses walk around and write down where you are and what you're doing, and they flash a bright light over the bed on you for a few seconds every hour at night via a switch outside the door when they look through the window on the door of each room.

Once an African nurse gave me the wrong medication one morning. I told her I take a white pill in the morning and a blue pill at night, but she insisted that she was right when I tried to tell her, and I was feeling drowsy and thought maybe I was confused, and so I took the medication - and then only afterwards did she bother to go and double-check which pill it was, and then realised that she accidentally gave me a sleeping pill first thing in the morning. She apologised and she spent some time in a staff-room discussing which pill she gave me, and then other nurses approached me and asked me if I swallowed the pill that she gave to me as they were concerned, but I said I was ok and fine as I was feeling very calm from the medication.

My Croatian friend told me one day that she complained when one of the psychiatrists turned-up drunk on the ward more than once and that other patients on the hospital ward were also complaining about it too. My friend said she was crying to the psychiatrist about the death of her child, and the doctor's speech was slurred and the doctor was laughing at her and stumbling over a bit and smelt of alcohol, which angered my (usually calm) friend who said that she lost her temper when the doctor started laughing during the meeting about her child's death.

After the meeting was over, she said a nurse who was present in the same room whispered in her ear that the doctor was drunk and was upsetting several of the patients. The nurse advised my friend to complain about the doctor's behaviour to the ward manager. Luckily I never met that particular doctor that my friend and some of the other patients complained about as I was being treated by a different doctor on the ward, but I felt very sad for my friend and I heard that other doctor was dismissed for misconduct for a few weeks from the ward.

Taking medications and being compliant with the doctors and nurses is a quicker way of getting out of hospitals.

Emilie has been through the system and she understands what it's like.

'Well you're a doctor and I'm just a crazy f*cking bitch;- who would you believe?!
    You no longer rule your body;- you no longer own those rights.
    You will eat and wake-up when we say so;- you will sleep when we shut out the lights.
    Take the pill and just be careful what you say... today could be your day.
    Enjoy your stay - 'cause you can't run away!'

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 03-19-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 08:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Highlander Greek
    Ancestry
    Mountains....mountains Gandalf
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Alpine Pontid
    Hero
    Herodotus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,066
    Given: 11,454

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    No, never. I've used adderal,vicodin and oxycontin recreationally though.
    My friends told me that adderal is very effective for motivation/studying/creativity etc
    I might take it for the finals.....

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

I drink coffee everyday and drink alcohol to excess usually once a week. I made some pot brownies for a religious holiday, but I only eat them once or twice a year. I take NyQuil on nights where I want to get back on a regular sleep schedule if I've overslept that day.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

1 Not allowed!

I used to for OCD.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    BRIT
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland, Germany,Alsace,Austria
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Amazigh
    mtDNA
    J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeroostah View Post
    My friends told me that adderal is very effective for motivation/studying/creativity etc
    Take no more than 30mg the first time. Try to avoid extended release(XR). Also beware of comedown.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,384
    Given: 31,168

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    I take NyQuil on nights where I want to get back on a regular sleep schedule if I've overslept that day.
    And I thought I was the only one that knew about that trick. I used to do that to knock me out too but haven't in a few years now.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeroostah View Post
    I fucking love Adderal. I procured some pills before writing my Bachelor's thesis in college and I loved it. I also went on a week long drug binge with a hippie friend of mine, using a different category of drug (excluding opiates) each day, and I can say hands down my favorite drug is amphetamines. I haven't had the opportunity to acquire them so I don't do them, but they make even packing up for a move a scintillating experience.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information