R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,344
    Given: 5,666

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    The problem with latin america is that we are so diverse, and there is millons of us. Lets say you make a study with 1000 samples in Salvador de Bahia. The result will be mulatto. Then you make one in south Brazil. The result is Castizo. Then you make one in Coastal Colombia. The result is Black. Then you make one in Paisa region in Colombia. The result is Harnizo.

You have to take A LOT of samples, tests A LOT of regions and take into account the importance of each region.

For example you can take 200 samples of Salta and you will reach the conclusion that Argentina is like Bolivia. But Salta only has 3% of the Argentine population. Making studies in latin america is VERY HARD thats why i prefer to make my own boxplots with the studies i find reasonable. I doubt we will see 1 study with several countries, several regions, several social classes being tested and thats the only way to reach a reasonable result.

This is all from Argentina. Biuenos Aires (50% of the population) in central region and Salta (3% of the population) in the northwest. Its like 2 different countries.

Yes i understand it would require a lot of work to sort out by groups like Castizo, Harnizo etc.. on the other hand in the US, they do it for CEU, so i thought someone could have done it, at least for the most European part of the population. You re probably right about boxplots being more effective though.

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,361
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    Yes i understand it would require a lot of work to sort out by groups like Castizo, Harnizo etc.. on the other hand in the US, they do it for CEU, so i thought someone could have done it, at least for the most European part of the population. You re probably right about boxplots being more effective though.
    If somebody had the idea to separate an argentine sample between whites and non whites he would be seen as Hitler reborn and shot ASAP. The only way to do this in a PC way is to make 2 samples middle class and lower class. The result will be the same. But they never did that so far.

Something i can do to show you how heterogeneous we are is to divide 2 argentine national studies in 3. See how they are practically different countries (think that we are 43.000.000 people )

(one study has majority of public hospital samples and the other is fully public hospital so this over represents low class/mestizos but it gives you an idea)

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,034
    Given: 1,735

0 Not allowed!

Bro, i think the Cuban white % are not "fake numbers". Look at this

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...-control_study

Methods Setting and Study design
    A one phase cross-sectional catchment area survey of allthose aged 65 years and over living in five catchmentareas in Ciudad Havana, Cuba (Lisa, Luyano, Marianao,Playa, and Plaza); and one catchment area in Matanzas(Milanes), a city 120 kilometres east from Havana, and anested case-control comparison of admixture.

According to interviewer perceptions, 1677 (72%) were considered to be 'white', while 394 (17%) were considered 'mixed' and 261 (11%) 'black'. For the case-control sub-sample (n = 584), the mean individual admixture proportions (after weighting back) were European 81.2% (95% confidence intervals 79.1-83.3%), African 16.2% (14.1-18.3%), and Native American 2.6% (2.3-3.0%). The mean African admixture proportion for the three ethnic groups was 5.8% (5.1-6.6%) for 'white', 28.6% (24.0-33.2%) for 'mixed' and 49.6% (44.8-55.4%) for 'black'. However, all three groups were substantially admixed with considerable overlap between the three ethnic identities, pure African or European ancestry being the exception (see Figure 1). A small proportion of those defined as 'white' had marked African ancestry and most of those defined as 'black' had inherited much of their genome from European ancestors.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...-control_study
    Yeah, but that is not island-wide, but in just a few areas. I don't believe the white population of Cuba was as large as the info the Castros put out. The CIA had the number in the 30's. I think that is more real. Look at photos of Cubans in Cuba, whites seem to be a minority in them.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

If somebody had the idea to separate an argentine sample between whites and non whites he would be seen as Hitler reborn and shot ASAP. The only way to do this in a PC way is to make 2 samples middle class and lower class. The result will be the same. But they never did that so far.

Something i can do to show you how heterogeneous we are is to divide 2 argentine national studies in 3. See how they are practically different countries (think that we are 43.000.000 people )

(one study has majority of public hospital samples and the other is fully public hospital so this over represents low class/mestizos but it gives you an idea)

The way I feel, fuck political correctness. Whites will continue to be called Hitler and racist until they stand up against political correctness. But I get your point.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well this thread is about genetic studies and i dont like to turn it into a flame war but this guy is asking for it.

You wanna hear something hilarious? I have seen Carlito pic. He is a mulatto, heavily SSA admixed, a pardo like Dani Alves.

Isnt it super self hater that he has a white green eyed avatar when he is really a Negro? In fact he tries to make fun of Argentines saying we are SSA admixed when the guy is a mulatto. LOL is like the weirdest fuck i have ever seen.

If you dont trust me, Ask Carlito for his pic. But of course he wont post it because he is ashamed of how he looks.

In fact i dare Carlito to give his pic to any of you so that you can make a poll with my pic and his pic and ask people here who looks more european.

Lets see if the negro accepts the challenge....
    Wait, didn't Carlito post his DNA results as like 93% European and 7% SSA or something like that?

ABF Spy
    Last Online
    02-01-2021 @ 01:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Superhuman
    Ethnicity
    Bio Organic Weapon
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    T-Virus
    mtDNA
    C-Virus
    Hero
    Alexia Ashford
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,451
    Given: 1,828

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat123 View Post
    You should post more genetic studies about Mexicans using only samples from the north.. where no one lives.

"Where no one lives" is inhabited by 27 million people.

The darker states aren't all necessarily more populated than the paler ones. Smaller states will obviously tend to be colored darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    Why is 23andme not representative? They have one of the most accurate personal tests around. If there are studies using 23andme data and method, I think it's fair to say it could be representative. If you chose to use different results from another study, that's fine. But if we are to get a small snap shot using the 23andme results we have here, why not take them seriously? They seem to be of the more accurate tests around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    because he thinks people in America are too poor to afford something that is only 99 dollars and sometimes even up to 75 dollars (discounts on AncestryDNA), so just because its a luxury for Argentine people, he wants to apply it to American people. The ignorance of that dick head is hilarious

more than 40% of Latinos in America are iphone owners, the other is Samsung phone owners, over 90% of Latinos in America own a smart phone, phones that cost us much more than a DNA kit, yet DNA kits are suppose to be very pricey for us. That is why I dont take that nigga serious with anything, a nigga who doesnt live nor traveled here is gonna think we live in the same poor conditions that they do back in Argentina
    I agree. Argentano's reasoning for taking 23andme/AncestryDNA results as unrepresentative is very dumb, especially when it comes to Mexicans in the US, who come from and are descendants of working class immigrants (not upper-class like he wants to make it seem with his hilarious "paying 100-300 USD" excuse, lol). But it makes sense he would think that when their results don't fit his preconceived notions.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    That is why I will be making my own graphs on Latinos in Latin America and the ones in USA
    anything that comes from Argento is cherry picked with an agenda behind it
    Do that, dude. Argentano's a troll is sheep's clothing. He wants to ome off as credible and gets offended when we point out his agenda, but at the same time he's thumbing up people who talk shit about Mexico.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wait, didn't Carlito post his DNA results as like 93% European and 7% SSA or something like that?
    lol you pay attention to what this guy says? according to him Argentines are wetbacks and mexicans are spaniards living in a developed country. Are you for real?

Carlito is a mulatto (have seen his pics) who pretends to be white and who has never posted his pics in the site because he is ashamed of how he looks. Im tired of his constant trolling and insults. If he doesent have anything to contribute to the site and will insult people out of nothing then he shouldnt be here...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Awebo View Post
    "Where no one lives" is inhabited by 27 million people.

The darker states aren't all necessarily more populated than the paler ones. Smaller states will obviously tend to be colored darker.

I agree. Argentano's reasoning for taking 23andme/AncestryDNA results as unrepresentative is very dumb, especially when it comes to Mexicans in the US, who come from and are descendants of working class immigrants (not upper-class like he wants to make it seem with his hilarious "paying 100-300 USD" excuse, lol). But it makes sense he would think that when their results don't fit his preconceived notions.

Do that, dude. Argentano's a troll is sheep's clothing. He wants to ome off as credible and gets offended when we point out his agenda, but at the same time he's thumbing up people who talk shit about Mexico.
    1)Just a minority of Mexicans live in northern mexico.

2)Paid studies will never be the most representative. Poor people trying to pay their health insurance wont give a fuck about a genetic stuy.

3)Mexico is indomestizo in the south mestizo in the middle and harnizo in the north. Whats the big deal? You are a mestizo yourself, why do you want to white wash the country?

Quoting a non self hateing, proud mexican, his number is the same of the boxplot...

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    The average Mexican would be around 45% Euro ,52% Amerindian

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, but that is not island-wide, but in just a few areas. I don't believe the white population of Cuba was as large as the info the Castros put out. The CIA had the number in the 30's. I think that is more real. Look at photos of Cubans in Cuba, whites seem to be a minority in them.
    OK but this study says 72% white, Castro says 64% white and you say 35% white. I think you are minimizing the whites because you are very anti castro.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 02:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

1 Not allowed!

1)2)Paid studies will never be the most representative
    23andme are representative for Mexican-Americans. They did breakdown from what regions of Mexico their ancestors came from.And most 23andme Mexican descendants usually say were their Mexican ancestors are from.

The studies done on the Mexican pop in the USA over samples people from Mexico City and Southern Mexico. Thats why NYCity Mexican pop was like 80% Amerindian.
    example.

Southwest Hispanics came out 65% Euro,35% Amerindian.It's obvious they tested Mexican-Americans. Non 23andme test

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information