R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    Good thread, but as always, no data about Venezuelans (not blaming at you, Argentano, I know that you post based on what you find).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mn1 El Dorado Guy View Post
    Great thread and good job in putting together the Euro ancestry of Hispanic, Latin American results. I agree and say the same as el hermano Isleno said.

I congratulate you all on a job well done with the LA results thread making.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    90% of the Mexican-American population has origins in West-Central and Northern Mexico which happen to be the "most Euro regions of Mexico.

You are like the typical gringo who likes to stereotype the typical Mexican descendant in the USA as a poor farm worker that is from Southern Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    I take issue with using diaspora populations in the US as exemplars. Cuban-Americans are whiter than Cubans in Cuba, while (at least depending on the state) Mexican-Americans are more Amerindian-shifted than many Mexicans in Mexico (at least in Northern and Central Mexico, at any rate).
    Quote Originally Posted by Isleńo View Post
    It looks fine, you did a good job. But I've come to look at averages from studies quite differently that I have in the past. Reason is, studies give an average and many people take that at face value, and unless they produce individual results within them, it's a vague calculation of several populations of different ancestral percentages. You might have one third of people in the 90+Euro category, one third in the castizo category and one third in the balanced mestizo category, but get an average that's 75% Euro (not a true calculation, it's just for arguments sake) so many people go about thinking such population is 75% Euro on average when a third of them are actually whites. Averages are skewered in my opinion. I think it's more conclusive to see individual results from those samples if they are made available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    A Dominican who is 90% African?? Wow. That is higher than any Cape Verdean yet.10% nonwhite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie999 View Post
    Very interesting results
    What do you think about this groups? Reasonable?

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bump

Banned
    Last Online
    07-24-2017 @ 11:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Native American-Celt-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Iberian with Amerind + smaller other.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto Med- Berid + Amerind admix
    Hero
    Loki
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,785
    Given: 24,757

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    What do you think about this groups? Reasonable?

I disagree with Tooting comment on Mexican Anerican vs Mexicans from Mexico. It can be a case, depending, like in the ghetto in South Los Angeles for exsample, I notice they tend to be more Amerind shift, and usually they are immigrants from southern parts of Mexico(mainly Puebla) poblanos, who avarage look like Guatemalans...But Mexican americans from my city, and from cities in general I see, is a mix but Euro leaning Mexican Americans more, Euro mestizos dominant, of harnizo range with castizos and texrbook balance mestizo lookings in mix and the less common is indiomestizo...Only in the ghetto or poorer places of L.A I notice you can find more Amerindian leanng.

But big cities you see more like out of 10 like 5 are harnizo, and 2 out of 5 for exsample are castizo range and the 3 out of 10 balance. While in more poor or ghetto is balance mestizo and indiomestizo more common. Like one out of 10 you see would be castizo or harnizo.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I disagree with Tooting comment on Mexican Anerican vs Mexicans from Mexico. It can be a case, depending, like in the ghetto in South Los Angeles for exsample, I notice they tend to be more Amerind shift, and usually they are immigrants from southern parts of Mexico(mainly Puebla) poblanos, who avarage look like Guatemalans...But Mexican americans from my city, and from cities in general I see, is a mix but Euro leaning Mexican Americans more, Euro mestizos dominant, of harnizo range with castizos and texrbook balance mestizo lookings in mix and the less common is indiomestizo...Only in the ghetto or poorer places of L.A I notice you can find more Amerindian leanng.

But big cities you see more like out of 10 like 5 are harnizo, and 2 out of 5 for exsample are castizo range and the 3 out of 10 balance. While in more poor or ghetto is balance mestizo and indiomestizo more common. Like one out of 10 you see would be castizo or harnizo.
    what about the rest? Do you think this boxplots make sense with what you see in the different countries?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    Loki
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

what about the rest? Do you think this boxplots make sense with what you see in the different countries?

Yes. More or less. USA Cubans seem very representive, from what I seen personally, butI would say close, as those I seen look to be in 88-90'% Euro. Argies, also representive, U.S Puerto Ricans seem to represent the avarage U.S P. ,Ricans...

COM also especially from Madellin, Chile, yes.

The US Dominicans, its said most US Dominicans come from their most Euro admix region. So maybe, by looks they look either very black or balance mulatto with some Euro leaning mulattos that are the ones who look more like a Puerto Rican. Mex Am I think yea, from what what I seen.
    .Peru Lim, yeah. Cholo/indiomestizo range.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    Loki
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What do you think of what I said and what i said also about the mexicans in big cities vs the more slum regions

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes. More or less. USA Cubans seem very representive, from what I seen personally, butI would say close, as those I seen look to be in 88-90'% Euro. Argies, also representive, U.S Puerto Ricans seem to represent the avarage U.S P. ,Ricans...

COM also especially from Madellin, Chile, yes.

The US Dominicans, its said most US Dominicans come from their most Euro admix region. So maybe, by looks they look either very black or balance mulatto with some Euro leaning mulattos that are the ones who look more like a Puerto Rican. Mex Am I think yea, from what what I seen.
    .Peru Lim, yeah. Cholo/indiomestizo range.
    thanks for the detailled response bro.

I find it interesting that despite the differences, most latin american countries have a huge euro input. For example PR, Colombia and Chile, they may not have many whites BUT full amerindians or blacks are practically inexistent.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    Loki
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

thanks for the detailled response bro.

I find it interesting that despite the differences, most latin american countries have a huge euro input. For example PR, Colombia and Chile, they may not have many whites BUT full amerindians or blacks are practically inexistent.
    Your welcome. And yes. In most everything I seen it shows almost about same. Genetics and phenotypes too.

You know what bugs me is when you tell about it, when I tell about it, there is some bullshit guy try to deny this truth...I had some idiot say is "bullshit" the results I show that shows have huge Euro input. Some of those guys seem to be ignorants or some indiocentric type who tries to put down the Euro ancestry in Latin Americans. Like a idiot who try to tell me Zacatecas (North-Central Mexico region) is mostly indigenous...I said this guy is number one bullshit who is trying to make the place as mostly amerind...I as having relatives from there I call his comment what it is, number one bullshit.As is mostly Euro place, the cities, genetically and phenotypicay, Euro-mestizo dominant with clear Criollo range looking peoole in the mix. The full amerindian there is inexistent too. Many of the so called indios you see there in street are actually indiomestizos.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Your welcome. And yes. In most everything I seen it shows almost about same. Genetics and phenotypes too.

You know what bugs me is when you tell about it, when I tell about it, there is some bullshit guy try to deny this truth...I had some idiot say is "bullshit" the results I show that shows have huge Euro input. Some of those guys seem to be ignorants or some indiocentric type who tries to put down the Euro ancestry in Latin Americans. Like a idiot who try to tell me Zacatecas (North-Central Mexico region) is mostly indigenous...I said this guy is number one bullshit who is trying to make the place as mostly amerind...I as having relatives from there I call his comment what it is, number one bullshit.As is mostly Euro place, the cities, genetically and phenotypicay, Euro-mestizo dominant with clear Criollo range looking peoole in the mix. The full amerindian there is inexistent too. Many of the so called indios you see there in street are actually indiomestizos.
    yeah i liked the boxplots because it not only lets you compare countries but also shows he ranges in which the majority falls. And full amerindians are extremely rare in all the studies.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,496
    Given: 36,937

0 Not allowed!

That's why I am going to open a thread soon (a remake of a thread of mine that was lost in the last forum crash) about regions and countries of Latin America with noticeable Euro input (places that are full of people who are equal or more than 60% Euro), showing pictures and videos with crowds of people from those countries and regions, as a way to debunk the myth of almost all Latin America (except Argentina and Uruguay) being full of either heavily Amerindian or heavily SSA people, and very little Euro input, except for some very small elites, lol.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information