Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 650

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoo View Post
    He was from Balkans, because it's name of a peninsula in purely geographical meaning. Don't try to sell me those "Balkans is political term and we aren't Balkans" new-age Croat fallacies.
    By your definition we are not Balkans either (since we weren't Ottoman-occupied).
    Balkans is not a peninsula, because the peninsula doesn't exist. You know why ? Because the northern border (from west to east) of such proposed peninsula is wider than it's north-south borders. This is basic geographic lesson.
    Correct term is south-eastern Europe. And only peninsula in south-eastern Europe is Greece.

Muh autonomy...
    NDH also had its own law, parliament, ministries, etc.
    Keep on with provocations, good work.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-13-2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 1,056

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Latinowitz View Post
    BBecause the northern border (from west to east) of such proposed peninsula is wider than it's north-south borders. This is basic geographic lesson.
    Unfortunately this "rule" (handily used by you, Robocop, etc.) is not included in definition of a peninsula.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-29-2017 @ 05:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Unfortunately this "rule" (handily used by you, Robocop, etc.) is not included in definition of a peninsula.
    It's a logical rule. Iberian and Apeninne peninsula are real, and visible with naked eye. Balkan is not a peninsula. Otherwise Europe is a peninsula of Asia according to you.
    Btw region where I'm from is not even included in Balkan by your own definition, so I'm neutral here.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-29-2018 @ 07:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    indoaryan
    Ethnicity
    nomad
    Ancestry
    human
    Country
    Slovakia
    Politics
    antiglobalist, antiamerican
    Hero
    bill cooper, donahue, kemilla, buddha, truthiracy, lane, coleman
    Religion
    neocortex / hermetic laws
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,195
    Given: 731

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Why your baby's nutrition is SO important: Lack food in first 5 years crushes a child's brain development, lowers their IQ - and makes it almost impossible for them to catch up

A new study, from Georgetown University and the University of Virginia, has found that children who don't have adequate food in early childhood suffer from poor cognitive and social-emotional skills in school.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ls-school.html
    it has a lot to do with nutrition

but they do not have low iq per se(racist myth), nigerian students are one of the brightest

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10303064.html
    http://www.nta.ng/news/20170203-nige...obama-harvard/
    http://www.naijaloaded.com.ng/educat...gpa-see-photos
    https://www.dailyschoolnews.com.ng/p...ook-of-record/

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

1 Not allowed!

Balkans is not a peninsula, because the peninsula doesn't exist. You know why ? Because the northern border (from west to east) of such proposed peninsula is wider than it's north-south borders. This is basic geographic lesson.
    Correct term is south-eastern Europe. And only peninsula in south-eastern Europe is Greece.
    "A peninsula (Latin: paeninsula from paene "almost" and insula "island") is a piece of land surrounded by water on the majority of its border, while being connected to a mainland from which it extends out."

And Greece isn't a peninsula by your definition, not at all.

Something I notice with you Croats is that you all seem to have major insecurities and complexes as a nation. My father served in the YNA, and he told me the same thing. Croats and Slovenes were arrogant towards everyone. Bosniaks were stupid. Serbs, on the other hand, were quite friendly with the Albanians there. I've heard similar things from other Albanians from my father's generation.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-13-2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 1,056

0 Not allowed!

It's a logical rule. Iberian and Apeninne peninsula are real, and visible with naked eye. Balkan is not a peninsula. Otherwise Europe is a peninsula of Asia according to you.
    Btw region where I'm from is not even included in Balkan by your own definition, so I'm neutral here.
    Europe is, in much wider sense, a peninsula. I never found that "rule" of yours in any definition of a peninsula, and I've read many.
    Northern border of Balkans would be (roughly) Trieste-Odessa line, so I doubt you are not included.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    "A peninsula (Latin: paeninsula from paene "almost" and insula "island") is a piece of land surrounded by water on the majority of its border, while being connected to a mainland from which it extends out."
    Exactly. South-east Europe is not surrounded by water on majority of it's border, exactly due to overly long northern border.
    And Greece isn't a peninsula by your definition, not at all.
    Yes, it is. South of Thessaloniki.
    Something I notice with you Croats is that you all seem to have major insecurities and complexes as a nation. My father served in the YNA, and he told me the same thing. Croats and Slovenes were arrogant towards everyone. Bosniaks were stupid. Serbs, on the other hand, were quite friendly with the Albanians there. I've heard similar things from other Albanians from my father's generation.
    Which insecurities ? You base your opinion about certain nations on your father's army experience ? Good to know. Btw Albanians are treated much better in Croatia than they were in Serbia, show some gratitude, at least.

Europe is, in much wider sense, a peninsula. I never found that "rule" of yours in any definition of a peninsula, and I've read many.
    Northern border of Balkans would be (roughly) Trieste-Odessa line, so I doubt you are not included.
    It would be outside of Balkans than, too. It doesn't matter tho, seems we disagree about fundamental definition of peninsula. Fine.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

0 Not allowed!

Balkan is not a peninsula. Otherwise Europe is a peninsula of Asia according to you.
    It is, actually. Europe is nothing but a western extension of Asia(or Eurasia, if you prefer that). There is no natural border that separates Europe from Asia. Europe has been socially constructed because of phenotypical and cultural differences.

Btw, the word "Europe" as a geographic term was coined by greeks, and it referred to ancient Greece. Then later they extended "geographical Europe" to the river don, now according to the "official definition" Europe extends to the Urals (but Turkey which is much more west is not geographically Europe, cuz fuck logic)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimage View Post
    It is, actually. Europe is nothing but a western extension of Asia(or Eurasia, if you prefer that). There is no natural border that separates Europe from Asia. Europe has been socially constructed because of phenotypical and cultural differences.

Btw, the word "Europe" as a geographic term was coined by greeks, and it referred to ancient Greece. Then later they extended "geographical Europe" to the river don, now according to the "official definition" Europe extends to the Urals (but Turkey which is much more west is not geographically Europe, cuz fuck logic)
    I agree Europe is a social construction and part of greater Eurasia. Don't agree it is peninsula of Asia however.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-23-2017 @ 02:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by revealman View Post
    Show me some Nigerian Fields Medal winners or influential mathematicians?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information