Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smoking Rates In England Have Fallen To The Lowest On Record

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,554
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    Why do people smoke in the first place?

I only see two legit reasons: 1. To hit on girls outside the clubs/bars. 2. To mix with hash.

Other than that you're just killing yourself, with no reward whatsoever even temporarily.
    That's like asking why do people drink coffee, pepsi, tea, and anything with caffeine in it - even though it affects their teeth, bones, skin and heart? (I don't drink anything with caffeine in it, nor touch alcohol, but caffeine is the number one drug for prematurely killing people according to research.)

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caf...ts-and-fiction
    http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/caffeine.html
    https://www.drugs.com/caffeine.html

Nicotine is a stimulant, like caffeine.

Some people smoke to keep their weight down, to help them relax when they feel stressed, or to help them to concentrate.

In my own case, I was totally against smoking during most of my teen years, but I started my first cigarette at age 18 when I wanted to be thin like the models in magazines and I realised they were smoking and some supermodels were taking amphetamines to keep their weight stick-thin. I would stare at pictures of stick-thin models all the time and I copied them as they had quite an influence on me as an impressionable teenager.

I was going through a period of time where I felt insecure after seeing stick-thin models and was starving myself, taking laxatives, and looking at various pills and methods to keep my weight at 6 stone at the time. If my weight went over 6stone, I'd feel 'fat' and start puffing instead of eating as smoking puts me off eating.

I considered taking amphetamines like the models in magazines do to keep their energy up and their weight thin, but luckily I never tried drugs, nor even knew where to obtain them. I feel sorry for the other victims who did try addictive drugs such as amphetamine though. Cigarettes and tobacco on the other hand aren't illegal and are easy to buy in any newsagent or supermarket.

I think people fear they'll gain weight when they stop smoking due to the changes in metabolism, but I find that working-out and a healthy diet is keeping me slim without the need to smoke.

Nicotine is highly addictive though once you start and the hand-to-mouth action of smoking becomes a habit.

People often crave to have a smoke after they wake-up first thing in the morning, straight after eating a meal, or when they're feeling nervous, stressed at work, or just to help them concentrate, or relax. It also gives people something to do with their fingers and hands, in addition to feeling the relief of nicotine during the first few inhalations on a cigarette.

Sometimes I look back in anger at how the magazines and fashion industry have affected my health in the past, but the laws are now changing in some countries to allow only models within a healthy weight range to be allowed to be shown in magazines and on the catwalks, due to the amount of anorexics and bulimics amongst impressionable teenage girls who are influenced by the models they see in the fashion industry.

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 04-10-2017 at 11:38 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information