Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    Yes, but the relations and circumstances can't even be compared. People in ex-Yugoslavia hated each other, came from 3 different religions (Catholic, Orthodox and Muslim), were historically oriented towards 3 different civilizations (Western Europe, Russia and Muslim World), waged war for over 1000 years, etc.

People in Turkey are of the same religion, speak Turkish, are Turkish patriots, etc. There are no separatists movements by Bosniaks, Albanians, Circassians, Georgians, or anyone, while separatists movements in ex-Yugoslavia are 200 years old (since early 19th century).

Seriously, you worry too much, the idea of Bosniaks trying to separate from Turkey is crazy to me.
    There is Kurds who can separate. The biggest candidate. And you never know. Video I posted guy explains how it started in Yugoslavia with a referandum in 1974 when everybody loved each other and said 'yeah it's human to create federation, and in the end it turned into a blood bath. We live in an age where religion doesnt necessarily unites people and Kurds are an example. To me Federation would be mortal for Turkey.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

0 Not allowed!

It wasn't really great, Yugoslavia was unnatural state. Just read my previous comment, 3 religions, 3 civilizations, it was destined to fail.

Very different than Turkey, which has 1 major religion and 1 culture (with some small subcultures).
    That's why it was a success. It lasted almost a century despite such challenges.

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyendi View Post
    There is Kurds who can separate. The biggest candidate. And you never know. Video I posted guy explains how it started in Yugoslavia with a referandum in 1974 when everybody loved each other and said 'yeah it's human to create federation, and in the end it turned into a blood bath. We live in an age where religion doesnt necessarily unites people and Kurds are an example. To me Federation would be mortal for Turkey.
    Thing is, in order for someone to make their own federal republic, they need to have territory where they are the ethnic majority. Do any Balkanites or Caucasians in Turkey have even a single town where they are majority and where there are no Turks? I don't think so, only ones with homogenous territory are Kurds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSecret View Post
    That's why it was a success. It lasted almost a century despite such challenges.
    It lasted due to force only. The first Yugoslavia was ruled by an ethnic Serb king and his royal dynasty, while the second (after WW2) was a classic communist dictatorship, like Stalin in Russia. Basically, people had no choice.

The first democratic multi-party elections were in 1990. Yugoslavia collapsed only 2 years later, in 1992. The people chose anti-Yugoslav and pro-independence parties with overwhelming majority.
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thing is, in order for someone to make their own federal republic, they need to have territory where they are the ethnic majority. Do any Balkanites or Caucasians in Turkey have even a single town where they are majority and where there are no Turks? I don't think so, only ones with homogenous territory are Kurds.
    we Laz have in northeastern Turkey there is no majority Turkic village. There is no Turkic villages at all actually in those regions. We wouldn't betray Turks though. I hope they won't give us to Armenians or something. Some maps were around a couple of years ago when Erdogan bargained with them.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No, still a problem. Maybe not directly one ethnicity problem but 'regional, problems based on more than 1 ethnicity who say smth different than Turks? Federalism is death. Pure death. Also in Turkey they are all immigrants, in fact at some points like 500 years ago even Kurds are immigrants in areas they are majority today. But leave Kurds aside, the others are recent immigrants as you know. No such status like language etc given to immigrants. Giving that status to immigrants is recognising their ethnic identity similar level rightful in Turkey as ethnicity of Turks and thats pure craziness and never Turkish nation would accept that. In Yugoslavia when everybody loved each other, the loved Tito built that and when Tito died not only the system but all the country died.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

No, still a problem. Maybe not directly one ethnicity problem but 'regional, problems based on more than 1 ethnicity who say smth different than Turks? Federalism is death. Pure death. Also in Turkey they are all immigrants, in fact at some points like 500 years ago even Kurds are immigrants in areas they are majority today. But leave Kurds aside, the others are recent immigrants as you know. No such status like language etc given to immigrants. Giving that status to immigrants is recognising their ethnic identity similar level rightful in Turkey as ethnicity of Turks and thats pure craziness and never Turkish nation would accept that. In Yugoslavia when everybody loved each other, the loved Tito built that and when Tito died not only the system but all the country died.
    People in Yugoslavia never ever loved each other. Read my reply to Dark Secret, Yugoslavia was a dictatorship held by force, no democracy, no elections, etc. The first Yugoslavia dissapeared in WW2 in genocide and mass murder, and only thanks to Stalin and Russian forces did Tito win and impose his rule.

People in this region have a 1000 year history of war and hatred. Serbs exterminated medieval Bosnians in 12th century already (while they were still Christians), burned them on stakes, etc. From 14th to 19th century, Christians and Muslims waged 500-year wars against each other. There was so much hatred and bloodshed that anything in modern Turkey absolutely doesn't compare. I've never heard of Turks in Turkey making genocide against Muslim Balkanites or Circassians who lived there or ever having waged ethno-nationalist war.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

People in Yugoslavia never ever loved each other. Read my reply to Dark Secret, Yugoslavia was a dictatorship held by force, no democracy, no elections, etc. The first Yugoslavia dissapeared in WW2 in genocide and mass murder, and only thanks to Stalin and Russian forces did Tito win and impose his rule.

People in this region have a 1000 year history of war and hatred. Serbs exterminated medieval Bosnians in 12th century already (while they were still Christians), burned them on stakes, etc. From 14th to 19th century, Christians and Muslims waged 500-year wars against each other. There was so much hatred and bloodshed that anything in modern Turkey absolutely doesn't compare. I've never heard of Turks in Turkey making genocide against Muslim Balkanites or Circassians who lived there or ever having waged ethno-nationalist war.
    We are so lucky then and we are complaining about our small issues... Omg. You suffered so much...

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Lol: Things similar to Ethnic conflict really happened in the 20th century with some. I wont enter more in details. Look at your Bosnia it's still tripartite federation and further split still possible. Federation is dead end. You need to be homogenous like Germany so that its okay. When you are like Turkey or Yugoslavia it's not for you. Anyway good evening.

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 02:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Hero
    MrMalus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,957
    Given: 7,024

0 Not allowed!

Lol: Things similar to Ethnic conflict really happened in the 20th century with some. I wont enter more in details. Look at your Bosnia it's still tripartite federation and further split still possible. Federation is dead end. You need to be homogenous like Germany so that its okay. When you are like Turkey or Yugoslavia it's not for you. Anyway good evening.
    Turkroach, your land is getting split by every neighbor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information