Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is it so important for Russia that Assad stays in power?

Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    Oh but I am. I have many Libyan friends I've known for years. I would feel perfectly safe in Libya outside of a few areas.Less than 10,000 died in the revolution that toppled Gaddafi. ISIS was driven out of its last major stronghold in Libya,Sirte, in December 2016.
    Not only that, but the quality of life there is not horrible either, despite enduring 6 years of war and instability. A cursory search for libya slums, https://www.google.com/search?q=libya+slums, in Google images reveals slums from Brazil,India, Morocco,Egypt,Tanzania, the Philippines and Nigeria, but not a SINGLE f*cking one from Libya.
    Why? Because they simply don't exist.

The main conflict right now is between two competing governments. The prime minister of Libya, Fayez Sarraj, is in Tripoli, after the Muslim Brotherhood was successfully ousted from power, and Khalifa Haftar is in Benghazi, a city that has pushed out virtually all ISIS and other extremists.

Tripoli is even having an international fair right now. https://www.libyaherald.com/2017/04/...gners-are-not/
    It's all good but do you realize that current relative prosperity is standing on foundation built by Gaddafi? He used oil industry to fund people's education, healthcare and even subsidize housing for new families. The most important he unified all tribal clans and made them work together for the best of the country.

What we have now? Oil is in hands of Western companies, tribes are all separated again into their original feudal form. They keep loose alliances for current interests due to current leaders being influenced by Gaddafi's ideas. But who knows what's going to happen when they all gone and current financial resources runs out so it will be impossible for the state to support all existing social programs. They might not know it yet but the country is back to medieval feudal state.

PS But maybe you're right, Syria have no chance of being like Libya. If Assad is gone it will be far worse since the country's infrastructure is ruined already.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,929
    Given: 6,738

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    It's hard for fairyboys and snowflakes of modern effeminate Europe to grasp harsh realities of the world some parts of which are still living in Middle Ages. Simply put there is no democratic forces in Syria. You may want to print this statement, hang it on the wall and repeat daily until your mind is enlightened with clear understanding of how real world works.

That means if Assad will go now Syria will turn into Libya 2.0.
    Lel, and you pretend to do for better future of Syria or Middle East and already big Syrian refugee problem, the reality here however your eager and stubburness for Assad to remain in power is solely for own geopolitical gain that's what it is, and for this you were/are ready to turn things upside down if necessity drop chemical weapons to achieve your target, never cared for Syrians or anything, so cut the false Russian hero role here.

Also fuck off from New Zealand if you hate west so much, fucking parasite.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2021 @ 11:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    ХоХоL
    Country
    Ukraine
    Politics
    sometimes
    Religion
    far eastern ortodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,686
    Given: 9,316

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Why is it so important for Russia that Assad stays in power?
    it's easy:
    1) just for lulz
    2) for make whole else world butthurt

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,762
    Given: 3,655

3 Not allowed!

Because: 1) Syria is one of Russia's few reliable allies outside of the former Soviet republics so part of it is showing the world that Russia supports its allies when shit gets real, instead of abandoning them like the West. Mubarak being a case in point 2) Syria buys military equipment from Russia (48% of Syrian arms imports come from Russia) 3) Russia can maintain its hold on Tartus Naval Base, which is strategically positioned on Syria's Mediterranean coast 4) Vladimir Putin’s regime views Syria as an opportunity for restoring Russia's global influence.

Either way, Assad is the only way to maintain stability in Syria, there is no single group in Syria that has greater ability than the Assad regime to rule the country. If US managed to get rid of him, the scenario would be the same as it was in Iraq or Libya after getting rid of the dictators (and I'd say they were much worse than Assad) - ISIS and other terrorist groups would take over the whole place.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

0 Not allowed!

Usually Im on the side of Russia, but now im a bit in questionable mood. I dont know whether Assad really used chemical weapons on children or it was like Russia said, but if he did he is a monster too. And to make peace maybe its better to take out Assad and create a government/parliamentery coliation of all democratic forces in Syria where everyone is represented. Why is it so important that Assad stays in power? I think this causes the conflict to continue and more people get killed.
    Because it's the legitimate government of the state, one of the few states in the region (Iran too) that effectively side with Russian interests in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, Israel and others are effectively allied with the US (and most other western powers) and have different geopolitical goals in the region. So Russia supports the Syrian state/government with arms, supplies and now military aid (and supports them in the diplomatic/political arena) while the US and it's allies directly and indirectly support what they call the 'moderate rebels/opposition' fighting the government (which the Syrian government, Russia, Iran and others call terrorists - groups include Al-Qaida affliates eg Al Nusra Front, Ahrar Al-Sham, Nour al-Din al-Zenki, and the Free Syrian Army/FSA. Both the western Coalition, Russia & Allies are opposed to ISIS/ISIL, and at times there has been conflict and cooperation between ISIS & Al Qaida affiliates.

----------------------------
    It's best of course for the people in Syria (and the refugees) that the war finishes, and both the Western powers, and Russia and it's allies (Syria inc.) want this to happen, but one side cannot allow it to finish favourably for the other - so effectively it's a proxy war between the US and allies, and Russia and allies. It's not a new thing of course, but the risks are particularly high at the moment as there are Russian personnel operating in Syria (and US personnel in some areas) and now direct strikes against Russian-aligned Syrian forces. Obviously if this escalates and US strikes hit Russian military personnel, or vice versa - each state is not in a position to back down and still retain face (the opposing side will potentially become emboldened if there are no retaliatory strikes). So basically the two largest powers are blocking each other's goals in the region and appear to be playing an extremely risky game of chicken in order to force the other to concede. Although i have to say the US/allies are in the offensive position, and are far more aggressive (probably because they can afford to be, they would win a war with Russia no doubt (at great cost) - assuming it's not a nuclear war).

That's my take on it anyway, with as little personal opinion as possible (beyond how i see the interaction), i could rant here at length about the situation but i'll try to avoid it.

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalist / Ethnopluralist
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

Usually Im on the side of Russia, but now im a bit in questionable mood. I dont know whether Assad really used chemical weapons on children or it was like Russia said, but if he did he is a monster too. And to make peace maybe its better to take out Assad and create a government/parliamentery coliation of all democratic forces in Syria where everyone is represented. Why is it so important that Assad stays in power? I think this causes the conflict to continue and more people get killed.
    How is that supposed to make anything better?
    Pigs can fly... in your face.

Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Illyrian Warrior View Post
    Also f*ck off from New Zealand if you hate west so much, f*cking parasite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information