H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MinervaItalica View Post
    It exists in some extent (mostly in the past decades though) and for jokes only. Regional differences exist also in other countries in Europe but in Italy are mostly about food, minimal cultural differences in everyday life, like traditions and customs. It's not about ethnic issues like for example happens in UK or Spain.
    Meaning Italians like most ethnic groups love their regional differences, but are not hating any particular region of their country, only complexed individuals would do such a thing.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-11-2023 @ 12:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Italy
    Politics
    Centre Right-for economy; anti-racist/anti-discrimination but High cultural/national identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,787
    Given: 2,516

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    The North and South fighting does not exist in real life.
    It exist on cultural discussions in real life between integrated southerners in northern italy

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Meaning Italians like most ethnic groups love their regional differences, but are not hating any particular region of their country, only complexed individuals would do such a thing.
    These regional "differences" are what make Italy a great country to visit and enjoy. Traditions and food are shared between regions so i don't see any problem.

A country that is completely similar would be boring to visit.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Percivalle View Post
    What you've noticed is extremely irrelevant, being that the bickering between the North and South has nothing to do with the downfall of Italy.
    This is what got me mad. I am a successful Italian American and do not appreciate this. Perhaps the Italians that stayed in Italy were the ones that did not want to take chances as America is all about opportunity and taking chances.

Also attacking to Mafia is funny to me. Members of the Mafia are quite intelligent to be about to avoid the law with an elaborate organized system. This is not an easy thing to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by GiCa View Post
    SOUTH Italians
    As in the Neapolitan-Casertans mostly; as they were the only who went in Usa

Not my people/culture

Linking me with the exponents of the bottom of Italian society (the worst of the worst of the worse place in Italy) is a big offence to me and my place.

Those were even the Worse I the Neapolitan macroclass

As the people who emigrate are 70% of times the worst people of their country

We exported the worst people; or at least a good chunk of them were the worst. In Nepales, the most problematic place of Italy remained people who were better; so America has the representation of the Worst of the worst of Us

I have a different culture than South Italy; not that I hate them or discriminate them when they come here were I live; infact people who come here like our culture and end up taking our culture forgetting theirs

And even given that; only a minority of people in the south is involved on shady-mafia things. Most are normal people who know and bash the worse people of their society

Saying that the feeling of dislike is mutual. Personally I don't like any of your people in this forum

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-11-2023 @ 12:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Italy
    Politics
    Centre Right-for economy; anti-racist/anti-discrimination but High cultural/national identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,787
    Given: 2,516

0 Not allowed!

In this forum Italian forumers deny the cultural xlashes between the north or the south because of nationalism and avoiding polemics in a forum

The cultural clashes are evident in every day life thought we don t hate each others more likely we mostly avoid to live in certain places as the culture we were born into might flash with another one thought I have south Italian adcquired relatives like every north Italian does

Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 11:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,633
    Given: 994

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    This is what got me mad. I am a successful Italian American and do not appreciate this. Perhaps the Italians that stayed in Italy were the ones that did not want to take chances as America is all about opportunity and taking chances. .
    I don't know what you're talking about. Luckily I don't have relatives in the USA, because no one in my family has ever needed to emigrate to the USA.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GiCa View Post
    In this forum Italian forumers deny the cultural xlashes between the north or the south because of nationalism and avoiding polemics in a forum

The cultural clashes are evident in every day life thought we don t hate each others more likely we mostly avoid to live in certain places as the culture we were born into might flash with another one thought I have south Italian adcquired relatives like every north Italian does
    So what are the difference in culture or is it also looks,,, I am not entirely sure of what the exact differences are.

Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 11:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,633
    Given: 994

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    So what are the difference in culture or is it also looks,,, I am not entirely sure of what the exact differences are.
    You're not Italian, why should you understand these differences?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Percivalle View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. Luckily I don't have relatives in the USA, because no one in my family has ever needed to emigrate to the USA.
    Well mine did. There is not much prosperity on a mountain top. Obviously some remained and others went to Australia.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

I think the regional cultural differences are a good thing. Countries that are homogenous are boring.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information