Thread: Do You Suffer From Miserable Spring and Summer Seasons and Hay Fever?

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Default Do You Suffer From Miserable Spring and Summer Seasons and Hay Fever?

Last week, the tree pollen count was recorded as being high in London according to the weather forecast.

Luckily I rarely suffer from hay fever - I grew-up in the countryside and only have some mild symptoms sometimes to tree and grass pollen, but after having my large sash-cord windows kept wide open all day during the warm and sunny spring days last week (with a lot of trees around me,) I found my nose itching and my nose kept running and I was getting through numerous packets of tissues as I kept blowing my nose and my skin suddenly felt a bit itchy, along with having some mild headaches, and I was sneezing an awful lot and had watery and itchy eyes, nose and throat for several days.... I thought I was getting a flu.

I woke-up a few nights ago and couldn't sleep as I was rubbing my itchy nose so much that I made it slighty red and my eyes were watering - until I took an antihistamine for hay fever and allergic reactions. It made me feel drowsy though but it alleviated the symptoms.

I told a friend of mine who I've not seen for over a month on the other side of London the other evening and he said to me that he's been having the exact same symptoms with headaches, sneezing, and a constant runny nose - he thinks he has a flu coming-on. He also grew-up in the countryside and travels to work in areas of the countryside every week without any problems and he said he rarely has hay fever.

Then yesterday a female friend of mine visited who I'd not seen for two weeks, and she said to me that she's also been experiencing the exact same symptoms recently too - yet she said she rarely suffers from hay fever.

The last time I remember ever suffering from a bad case of hay fever (prior to last week) was in my secondary school while I was sitting on a school playing field with a group of other female teenage schoolgirls during a relaxing summer lunchbreak and we were sharing and eating a school picnic together outside one summer. A man was driving up-and-down the school playing field and he was cutting the grass with a mowing-machine. When he drove closer to where we were sitting with his grass-cutting vehicle, our eyes all started streaming with tears (it felt like someone had just cut an onion open directly underneath our eyes,) and we were sneezing and finding it difficult to see clearly as our eyes were watering so much, and I remember the group of school pupils that I was sitting with all stood-up and we left the field.

The various types of hay fever and its symptoms: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Hay-fev...roduction.aspx

There was also a hay fever outbreak two years ago in London 2015 which was recorded as the worst outbreak of hay fever in the country: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/healt...-10363437.html

I'm experiencing some milder symptoms of hay fever at the moment (despite keeping my windows closed today,) and I have a mild headache and a slightly itchy nose and eyes that are watering a bit, (the pollen count is recorded as being high again today.) I felt much better yesterday though when the pollen count went down to 'moderate' compared to my symptoms last week and over the weekend, and two of my friends who rarely get hay fever and who had the exact same symptoms both said they felt better yesterday.

(Excuse me, I'm going to sneeze again. )
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 04-12-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

1 Not allowed!

We had two outdoor dogs growing up, so they were constantly covered in everything. I think that immunized me a bit.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

1 Not allowed!

Yeah i get it really bad, sucks. I used to spend a lot of time outside as a kid with no issues, but then at some point i started to get bad hay-fever so spring and summers became pretty miserable. I have to switch between different types of anti-histamines, as they tend to stop working after a couple of days for some reason, even if i take them. Seems to get worse every year.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    Yeah i get it really bad, sucks. I used to spend a lot of time outside as a kid with no issues, but then at some point i started to get bad hay-fever so spring and summers became pretty miserable. I have to switch between different types of anti-histamines, as they tend to stop working after a couple of days for some reason, even if i take them. Seems to get worse every year.
    I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from it too.

I've been prescribed some anti-histamines by a doctor who I saw last week called Promethazine Hydrochloride in 25mg pills. It's been helpful in relieving the symptoms of hay fever I've been experiencing recently... but it's making me feel drowsy and sleepy so I've been taking the pill only occasionally. My GP advised me to take it in the evening, but I'm still feeling a bit drowsy upon waking-up.

My eyes are beginning to water again right now with tears streaming down my face, but I don't want to take another antihistamine or I'll be tired. I'm just going to keep my windows closed and take a paracetamol for my headache instead. I didn't bother taking an antihistamine last evening as I was feeling better yesterday. I'm going to try getting by with the symptoms without medication if I can and will only take an antihistamine if the symptoms get bad again.

Medications can help with one problem but the side-effects of pills can cause another problem.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 04-12-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Trondheim, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    British Columbia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,828
    Given: 243

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from it too.

I've been prescribed some anti-histamines by a doctor who I saw last week called Promethazine Hydrochloride in 25mg pills. It's helping a lot and is very good in relieving the symptoms of hay fever I've been experiencing recently... but it's making me feel drowsy and sleepy so I've been taking the pill at night like my GP advised, but I'm still feeling a bit drowsy upon waking-up.

My eyes are beginning to water again right now with tears streaming down my face, but I don't want to take another antihistamine or I'll be tired. I'm just going to keep my windows closed and take a paracetamol for my headache instead.

Medications can treat one problem and the side-effects of pills can often cause another problem.

Go to a chiropractor, weird thing, after I broke my back I had terrible hay fever without ever having it before hand, once I saw a chiropractor a few times, it was completely gone.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpia View Post
    Go to a chiropractor, weird thing, after I broke my back I had terrible hay fever without ever having it before hand, once I saw a chiropractor a few times, it was completely gone.
    Thanks, I may give that a try if my symptoms don't improve. That's a bit weird because I also broke a disc in my spine a few years ago too after falling down the stairs and required an operation to stand and walk again. I rarely suffer from hay fever though, so I'll see if it goes away by itself first.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Trondheim, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    British Columbia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,828
    Given: 243

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Thanks, I may give that a try if my symptoms don't improve. That's a bit weird because I also broke a disc in my spine a few years ago too after falling down the stairs and required an operation to stand and walk again. I rarely suffer from hay fever though, so I'll see if it goes away by itself first.

Give it a shot, it doesn't seem like a coincidence that we both had back problems then hay fever. After I broke my back I was pumped full of meds, it didnt do a darn thing just made me groggy. All your nerves run through your spine after all.

Thread Information