Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Are men threatened by successful women?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekarotuinen View Post
    It is a man's job to attend to and protect a mahram woman. If he isnt able to accompany her, then he has no right to restrict her movements. Even when a man goes with a woman, he is to follow her as a guardian, nothing more.
    Now I'll play Al-Pigfoods' advocate:

https://islamqa.info/en/122630

Islam Question and Answer

General Supervisor: Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid

Tue 5 Shb 1438 - 2 May 2017

- Principles of Fiqh » Jurisprudence and Islamic Rulings » Acts of Worship » Pilgrimage » Mahram to Travel with Women.

122630: Travelling without a mahram in case of necessity

The wife of a friend needs to travel from Tunis to France, because she was living with her family before marriage, until she could attend an appointment to obtain French nationality, so that she could visit her family later on without any problems. Please note that her husband will take her to the airport before the plane trip and her father will meet her at the airport when she arrives. Is that permissible for her?.
    Published Date: 2012-05-08

Praise be to Allaah.The basic principle that we have stated in numerous fatwas is that it is not permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram, whether the trip is for an act of worship such as Hajj, or to visit her parents, or it is a permissible kind of journey for other purposes.
    This is indicated by the texts and common sense. For example:
    1-
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram and no man should enter upon her unless she has a mahram with her.” A man said: O Messenger of Allah, I want to go out with such-and-such an army, but my wife wants to go for Hajj. He said: “Go with her.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1862
    Muslim (1339) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allaah and the Last Day to travel the distance of one day, except with a mahram.”
    And there are many hadeeths which speak of the prohibition on a woman travelling without a mahram; they are general in meaning and include all kinds of travel.
    2-
    Because travel usually causes exhaustion and hardship, and because women are weak and need someone to look after them and stay with them, and things may happen in the absence of her mahram that she is not able to deal with. These are things that are well known and are frequently seen nowadays because of the large number of accidents involving cars and other means of transportation.
    Moreover, if a woman travels alone she may be approached and tempted to do evil, especially when there is a great deal of corruption. Someone may sit next to her who does not fear Allah and he made may doing haraam actions seem appealing to her. It is perfectly wise that the woman should be accompanied by her mahram when she travels, because the purpose of having her mahram present is to protect her and look after her. Travelling is a situation in which emergencies may arise, no matter what the length of the journey is.
    An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: To sum up, everything that may be called travel is forbidden to women without a husband or mahram. End quote.
    More than one of the scholars have narrated that there is consensus among the fuqaha’ that women are not allowed to travel without a mahram, except in exceptional cases.
    Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said: al-Baghawi said: They did not differ concerning the fact that women are not allowed to travel for purposes other than the obligation (the obligatory Hajj) except with a husband or mahram, apart from a kaafir woman who becomes Muslim in dar al-harb (non-Muslim territory) or a female prisoner who is released. Others added: or a woman who becomes separated from her travelling companions and is found by a trustworthy man; in that case it is permissible for him to accompany her until he brings her back to the group.
    End quote from Fath al-Baari, 4/76
    With regard to a woman travelling for the obligatory Hajj without a mahram, the scholars differed as to whether this is permissible. The correct scholarly view is that it is not permissible. This has been discussed previously in the answer to question no. 34380.
    This is the basic principle concerning this matter: a woman does not have the right to travel without a mahram and she must be accompanied by a mahram throughout the journey; it is not sufficient for her husband to bring her to the airport and for her father to meet her in the other country. But when there is a case of necessity, there is nothing wrong with it, because necessity makes permissible things which are ordinarily not allowed.
    Based on that, if obtaining French nationality will relieve your friend’s wife of considerable hardship, and it is not possible for her mahram to accompany her on her journey, then there is nothing wrong with her travelling on her own in the manner you describe, just as there is nothing wrong with her obtaining this nationality.
    Shaykh Ibn Jibreen (may Allah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on a woman travelling on her own by plane for a reason, with her mahram taking her to the airport and another mahram meeting her at the other airport?
    Answer:
    There is nothing wrong with that if it is too difficult for the mahram, such as her husband or father, if the woman has to travel and the mahram cannot accompany her. In that case there is nothing to prevent that on condition that the first mahram takes her to the airport and does not leave her until she boards the plane, and he contacts the country to which she is headed and makes sure that her mahrams there will meet her in the airport, and he tells them the time of arrival and the flight number. That is because cases of necessity have their own rulings. And Allah knows best. May Allah send blessings and peace upon Muhammad and his family and companions.
    End quote from Fataawa Ibn Jibreen.
    See also question no. 14235

And Allah knows best.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Oh be quiet.
    But I'm telling the truth!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

0 Not allowed!

Well you are a misogynist it seems.
    Not at all. I am looking at the bigger picture, zooming in to the root of the problem.
    Lets say women are this child of mine and petro's.
    My child has severe toothache. I go to the dentist and leave it up to my child if its ok to just kill the pain for one night or take out the tooth.
    In this case, i make the tough decision and tell the dentist to take it out, while petro will do what the child wishes and have to deal later in the night with complications and pain.

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drawing-slim View Post
    Not at all. I am looking at the bigger picture, zooming in to the root of the problem.
    My child has severe toothache. I go to the dentist and leave it up to my child if its ok to just kill the pain for one night or take out the tooth.
    In this case, i make the tough decision and tell the dentist to take it out, while petro will do what the child wishes and have to deal later in the night with complications and pain.
    So women are children then?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drawing-slim View Post
    So if I decide for my daughter I let her free? How come if it is not her decision???

No dear, unlike you Albanians I'll follow and enforce the advice of the doctor. Now fuck off!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,439
    Given: 1,346

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    Ok, but how is motherhood equivalent to being a baby factory?

You really have to stop doing this. You are intentionally incredulous to what I say because it's yet another way for you to rationalize your own deep psychical issues, stemming from a narcissistic disregard for, and dislike of, reality. The investments men and women take in family life are very different. Men don't have to bear a child in his belly for nine months. Men don't have to breastfeed. So on and so forth. The corporate-capitalist economic lifestyle is deeply damaging to men, too, but an argument against that is hardly an argument against the solid-as-concrete fact that the participation in it is far more damaging to motherhood than it is to fatherhood. The "career" is far less compatible with motherhood than it is with fatherhood because of the natures of these things.
    It isn't. Women who want motherhood should be able to do so but one shouldn't expect it from every woman as it is the only thing they exist for. Like Hoxhaism was being bullied on this forum just because she said she doesn't want to be a mother, and this including by some other Albanian female members here. Many of them have dreams and goals too. And they priotize these things over becoming mothers, and they shouldn't be judged over it even though it would of been best for Albanians to outbreed our neighbors, as much as I like to but Females can be used for different things than just being mothers, there are female warriors. the KLA had shitloads of them. with that being said, I haven't read the OP or most of the posts in this thread so I don't really know what the actual topic here is but I was just going by a post.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMischief View Post
    If your girlfriend/wife were to earn more than you, would this damage your self-esteem and ego?
    If my girlfriend/wife were to start earning more than me, she would cease to be my girlfriend/wife very quickly.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wadaad View Post
    if anything having a successful woman fall for you is a huge aphrodisiac and I imagine the sex is more fulfilling.
    Yuck, no.

Few things are less fulfilling than feeling less powerful than the woman you are f#*$ing

Veteran Member CertifiedCracker's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 11:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Ya know them things from The Hills Have Eyes?
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Say perhaps to drugs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 678
    Given: 84

1 Not allowed!

Maybe, but I think its more them not being able to take women in power seriously. I do think theres a sense of unmanliness when your wife brings in more money than you do as well.

idioteque

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    If my girlfriend/wife were to start earning more than me, she would cease to be my girlfriend/wife very quickly.
    Why?

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information