Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazou View Post
    Minor Native American shows up for me on FTDNA & Gedmatch! But maybe it's just too small to be detected on certain occasions. MyHeritage results are currently in BETA stage though so it might change in a future update when they are no longer in BETA, who knows. MH does seem to detect Euro admixture in Filipinos more effectively and in higher amounts than 23andme's test IMO. Or maybe I don't really have any native american ancestry at all and it is just simply a fluke & correlated with my ancient Siberian admixture found throughout East Asia which I score on many Gedmatch calcs. Or the program is having a hard time separating Amerindian genetics from East Asian genetics which is somewhat similar, who knows. 23andme only gave me 0.1% NA btw

FTDNA does have me @ <2% Amerindian though ;P ...
    I wonder if that Native American component of yours is real, since according to my research, there were tons more Mexicans and Peruvians who came to the Philippines during colonial times than actual Spaniards...

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...he-Philippines

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    I wonder if that Native American component of yours is real, since according to my research, there were tons more Mexicans and Peruvians who came to the Philippines during colonial times than actual Spaniards...

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...he-Philippines
    On 23andme 99% of the pinoy results I've seen actually score zero Native American most of the time; though it might just be becuase the calculator isn't good enough at detecting it I might assume, not really sure though.

Roughly what % of them were Latino vs Spaniard immigrants based on your research?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

On 23andme 99% of the pinoy results I've seen actually score zero Native American most of the time; though it might just be becuase the calculator isn't good enough at detecting it I might assume, not really sure though.

Roughly what % of them were Latino vs Spaniard immigrants based on your research?
    Well, according to Fedor Jagor, of the 7500 Soldiers newly arrived in the Philippines, during 1818, about 5000 were from Latin America.

Source: http://www.authorama.com/former-philippines-b-8.html

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,448
    Given: 5,717

1 Not allowed!

What might you think a full ANDALUSIAN and a GALICIAN respectively at the opposite corners of Spain's map might score on MyHeritageDNA's test in comparison to my percentages/results if you were to guess that is? I'm really curious about this lol.

if mine is proportionately 75.5% west central + 24.5% Sardinian in comparison...
    Probably close to 50/50 + a bit of N.African if you were to model them like this instead of just fully Iberian. I don't know what kind of reference myHeritage has for African/MENA.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, according to Fedor Jagor, of the 7500 Soldiers newly arrived in the Philippines, during 1818, about 5000 were from Latin America.

Source: http://www.authorama.com/former-philippines-b-8.html
    That's like the majority then huh!

but did they already mix with the Native Americans by the time they immigrated onto the Philippines?

Though what you're saying is very consistent with my 23andme dna-relative-cousin matches there....97% of the non-Asian matches I have there are actually Latinos from Mexico/Peru/Cuba/PuertoRica(around 20 or so myself + my parents) I believe..though I tend to match them only on Euro segments; and only 2-3 from Spain, 1 from Italy on my mother's side; Lol and also one Hungarian one..not too sure where that might have come from though and how.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

That's like the majority then huh!

but did they already mix with the Native Americans by the time they immigrated onto the Philippines?

Though what you're saying is very consistent with my 23andme dna-relative-cousin matches there....97% of the non-Asian matches I have there are actually Latinos from Mexico/Peru/Cuba/PuertoRica(around 20 or so myself + my parents) I believe..though I tend to match them only on Euro segments; and only 2-3 from Spain, 1 from Italy on my mother's side; Lol and also one Hungarian one..not too sure where that might have come from though and how.
    Yes, they were already mixed with Native-Americans by the time they arrived in the Philippines. In fact, the colonial government kept complaining that they send Mestizos and Amerindians over instead of pure Spaniards.

Apparently, even the Spanish officials were mad that the government kept sending Mestizos, Mullatoes and even Native Americans to the Philippines...

Almost very little pure Spaniards from Spain.

*Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies)*("The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part*boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans).There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spańa, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered.")

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, they were already mixed with Native-Americans by the time they arrived in the Philippines. In fact, the colonial government kept complaining that they send Mestizos and Amerindians over instead of pure Spaniards.

Apparently, even the Spanish officials were mad that the government kept sending Mestizos, Mullatoes and even Native Americans to the Philippines...

Almost very little pure Spaniards from Spain.

*Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies)*("The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part*boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans).There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spańa, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered.")
    Oh that's interesting!

According to Petalpusher my Spaniard DNA might very well be from Catalonia region of Spain. And on FTDNA I get 'North & Central' Native American instead of South Native American. So perhaps I can rule out the Peruvian since that's South I would assume and claim my Latin American ancestry as some type of Mexican.

You have Latin American ancestry too right? Was it Mexican, or was it Peruvian? etc..
    Last edited by Iloko; 04-24-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I found an Aragon gedmatch kit-# but no Catalan, I'm assuming the oracle proportions would be similar to each other though

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
    1 Mediterranean 42.76
    2 NE_European 42.49
    3 Caucasian 7.59
    4 SW_Asian 4.1
    5 Horn_Of_Africa 0.84
    6 Omo_River 0.77
    7 S_African 0.56
    8 Siberian 0.53
    9 W_African 0.19
    10 Wht_Nile_River 0.17
    11 Beringian 0.01

Single Population Sharing:

# Population (source) Distance
    1 Spaniard 2.78
    2 Portuguese 5.91
    3 Basque 9.43
    4 Italian 9.83
    5 French 10.04
    6 Montenegrin 10.89
    7 Romanian 10.91
    8 Bulgarian 11.3
    9 Macedonian 12.47
    10 South_German 13.43
    11 Brazilian 13.78
    12 Utahn_White 14.03
    13 Serbian 14.41
    14 Bosnian 15.43
    15 Albanian 15.46
    16 Tuscan 16.87
    17 English 17.2
    18 Greek_Thessaly 17.75
    19 Orcadian 18.1
    20 Irish 18.11

Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 59% North_German + 41% Sardinian @ 1.28
    2 62.7% English + 37.3% Sardinian @ 1.29
    3 61.5% Orcadian + 38.5% Sardinian @ 1.35
    4 60.6% Scottish + 39.4% Sardinian @ 1.48
    5 55.3% Swedish + 44.7% Sardinian @ 1.56
    6 67.4% Utahn_White + 32.6% Sardinian @ 1.58
    7 58.3% Norwegian + 41.7% Sardinian @ 1.66
    8 61.5% Irish + 38.5% Sardinian @ 1.69
    9 68.4% South_German + 31.6% Sardinian @ 1.78
    10 51.8% Polish + 48.2% Sardinian @ 1.86
    11 62.4% Basque + 37.6% Bosnian @ 1.93
    12 74.5% French + 25.5% Sardinian @ 1.93
    13 85.2% Spaniard + 14.8% French @ 2.2
    14 89.7% Spaniard + 10.3% Utahn_White @ 2.29
    15 92.2% Spaniard + 7.8% Scottish @ 2.29
    16 57.3% Basque + 42.7% Macedonian @ 2.29
    17 91.6% Spaniard + 8.4% English @ 2.31
    18 89.5% Spaniard + 10.5% South_German @ 2.31
    19 92.3% Spaniard + 7.7% Irish @ 2.34
    20 93.1% Spaniard + 6.9% North_German @ 2.35

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Oh that's interesting!

According to Petalpusher my Spaniard DNA might very well be from Catalonia region of Spain. And on FTDNA I get 'North & Central' Native American instead of South Native American. So perhaps I can rule out the Peruvian since that's South I would assume and claim my Latin American ancestry as some type of Mexican.

You have Latin American ancestry too right? What is Mexican, or was it Peruvian? etc..
    It's Mexican, and it's only anecdotal, I haven't done a genetic test yet. It's my former classmate who is Peruvian descended.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's Mexican, and it's only anecdotal, I haven't done a genetic test yet. It's my former classmate who is Peruvian descended.
    What would your predictions be for the % of Euro & Amerindian you would score?

My initial predictions before ever taking any kind of DNA test like 23andme was actually 3-6% Euro-Iberian for certain reasons. Well 23andme gave me lower than that @ 1.9% whilst MyHeritage and Gedmatch gave me 4.5% which is actually more within that range.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information