Thread: Amerindian admixture in the US

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,706
    Given: 8,357

0 Not allowed!

Default Amerindian admixture in the US

We all know that loads of Americans like to claim Native American ancestry and Cherokee is the favourite tribe to claim descent from, but how many Americans really do have Amerindian genes? What proportion have it and what is the average admixture?

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,706
    Given: 8,357

0 Not allowed!

bump

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,910
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 07:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 995

1 Not allowed!

I dont think it would be relevant to the american genetic pool, most americans who claim amerindian heritage and that I have seen their results were not even part Amerindian, but part sub saharan african or just 100% european, their ancestors used to hide their black ancestors saying they were amerindians when they were not. Liberals also love to claim that with no proofs ofc. I ain't talking about those americans with latin american heritage tho.

Gaga

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    We all know that loads of Americans like to claim Native American ancestry and Cherokee is the favourite tribe to claim descent from, but how many Americans really do have Amerindian genes? What proportion have it and what is the average admixture?
    A lot of Americans like to claim many things which hold limited meaning. They like labeling shit. To some it makes them feel 'special'.

For example, one of my colleagues is married to a "Dutch" American. He doesn't speak Dutch, has never gone to Holland, and knows less about the country/culture than I do. His great-great grandparents, and I don't believe it was both maternal/paternal, were Dutch. So in reality he's just a run of the mill American 'mutt' with Dutch ancestry. Given American history, and the Dutch who arrived in prior generations, that really makes him about as special as a grain of sand on the beach. She doesn't get it (not that bright) but to me, as a foreigner, there's a difference between claiming to be Dutch-American & an American of Dutch ancestry.

But as Eren said many Americans like to fudge their African ancestry. And if they're not fudging African ancestry then they're lying about Italian or Mediterranean ancestry. I know a few "Amerindian" Americans. It's interesting how the great-grandfather could have passed in Sicily. Might have had to do with the fact he was of Sicilian ancestry.

You also got to remember with numerous celebs claiming to be "Amerindian" the plebs got to get in on the act. Crap family trees online [ancestry.com is a plague in many ways] give rise to and support these delusions.

What proportion have it? Be a headache to figure out.

Average admixture? Depends on where you're looking. Some areas are going to be higher given their ancestry. Like the woman I met yesterday. She was of aboriginal ancestry. Couldn't deny that. Even if she hadn't had a status card her looks were identifiable. She definitely wasn't some lily-white desperate to be special American claiming 0.005% "Amerindian" DNA that I've seen around.

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,361
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Very low, between 0-4% of whites being +2% native

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feminist
    Ethnicity
    Ecuadorian
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    SJW
    Religion
    Spiritualism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,582
    Given: 1,066

0 Not allowed!

I think this could be because most people with a genuine native background are too poor to do a DNA test.

Gaga

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDaisy View Post
    I think this could be because most people with a genuine native background are too poor to do a DNA test.
    That is a possibility among some. But darling you've got to get out more.

I happen to know both Metis & legitimate aboriginals. They happen to be quite well off. Not because of the government but because they work. One's parents are in the construction business. Despite being an international student elsewhere, and having an expensive seven-year degree to complete, she'll graduate without a student loan.

To some people with aboriginal ancestry, it has more to do with the fact they are legitimate and what have they to prove with a DNA test? Nothing.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,108
    Given: 11,124

1 Not allowed!

There's not really any of significance. Surprisingly (to me at least) genetic studies seem to show that it's more likely for whites to have a distant nigger ancestor than Indian. But even then only about 5% of white Americans have darkie DNA and usually only around a percent or two so we're less mixed than Afrikaners and Latin American Whites.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 05:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,860
    Given: 7,347

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaga View Post
    A lot of Americans like to claim many things which hold limited meaning. They like labeling shit. To some it makes them feel 'special'.

For example, one of my colleagues is married to a "Dutch" American. He doesn't speak Dutch, has never gone to Holland, and knows less about the country/culture than I do. His great-great grandparents, and I don't believe it was both maternal/paternal, were Dutch. So in reality he's just a run of the mill American 'mutt' with Dutch ancestry. Given American history, and the Dutch who arrived in prior generations, that really makes him about as special as a grain of sand on the beach. She doesn't get it (not that bright) but to me, as a foreigner, there's a difference between claiming to be Dutch-American & an American of Dutch ancestry.

But as Eren said many Americans like to fudge their African ancestry. And if they're not fudging African ancestry then they're lying about Italian or Mediterranean ancestry. I know a few "Amerindian" Americans. It's interesting how the great-grandfather could have passed in Sicily. Might have had to do with the fact he was of Sicilian ancestry.

You also got to remember with numerous celebs claiming to be "Amerindian" the plebs got to get in on the act. Crap family trees online [ancestry.com is a plague in many ways] give rise to and support these delusions.

What proportion have it? Be a headache to figure out.

Average admixture? Depends on where you're looking. Some areas are going to be higher given their ancestry. Like the woman I met yesterday. She was of aboriginal ancestry. Couldn't deny that. Even if she hadn't had a status card her looks were identifiable. She definitely wasn't some lily-white desperate to be special American claiming 0.005% "Amerindian" DNA that I've seen around.
    Recent Dutch ancestry is actually pretty rare in the US, especially in the amounts you're talking. Michigan is one of the few hotspots. So if one is looking to be "special," I think that counts.

Thread Information