England
    Politics
    Summon the Fyrd
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

Default Anti-Europe = War monger

Mr Van Rompuy linked hostility to the EU, and the idea that countries could leave the Union, to a revival of aggressive nationalism.
    "We have together to fight the danger of a new Euroscepticism. This is no longer the monopoly of a few countries," he said. "In every member state, there are people who believe their country can survive alone in the globalised world. It is more than an illusion: it is a lie."
    The controversial comments made on Tuesday come less than a fortnight after David Cameron, the Prime Minister, declared that he was a Eurosceptic after his gruelling Brussels summit battle to block a sharp increase in the EU budget at a time of national austerity.
    Bill Cash, the Conservative chairman of the House of Commons European scrutiny committee, "entirely repudiated" a link between Euroscepticism and the rise of nationalism.
    "It is not anti-European to be pro-democracy. The problem is that the democratic base for the EU is wanting. The solution to the rise of the far-Right is proper democracy exercised through national parliaments," he said.
    Clarifying the remarks, a spokesman for Mr Van Rompuy, stressed that he was not talking about Mr Cameron's brand of Euroscepticism but about those people who want to leave the EU.
    "It is nothing to do with what Mr Cameron thinks. It is a point that Britain or other countries are not able to survive on their own. I am sure Mr Cameron would agree with that," he said.
    Downing Street declined to comment.
    Dan Hannan, a Tory MEP opposed to EU membership, dismissed the idea that countries cannot go it alone. "Norway and Switzerland seem to be scraping by somehow, with higher living standards than anyone else in the EU. Neither seem to have been involved in a war in recent years," he said.
    Mr Van Rompuy and other senior EU officials are concerned about the spread of populist Eurosceptic groups, such as Ukip, beyond Britain to Germany and the Netherlands. The former Belgian Prime Minister, who was appointed as President of the EU Council a year ago, sees the new nationalism as being based on fear.
    "The biggest enemy of Europe today is fear. Fear leads to egoism, egoism leads to nationalism, and nationalism leads to war," he said.
    "Today's nationalism is often not a positive feeling of pride of one's own identity, but a negative feeling of apprehension of the others. Our Union is born out of a will to co-operate, to reconcile and to act in solidarity."
    Nigel Farage, the leader of Ukip, which supports Britain leaving the EU, said: "This man is an overpaid catastrophe who wants to abolish our nation. Nation states will not disappear because they are the expression of peoples' will. The EU is swimming against the tide of history. The number of nation states in the world is increasing all the time."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ds-to-war.html

More vile gibberish. This time brought to you by an ex-prime minister of a failing state, who has taken his seat on the poverbial gravy train. I would literally do anything to stop this abomination (E.U).

Banned
    Last Online
    04-17-2012 @ 01:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbo-Montenigger
    Ancestry
    Serbia, Montenegro, Hungary
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Monkey
    Politics
    Against the modern world
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

If some people's goal is to see EU vanishing, just allow Balkan states to enter EU and we'll do it for you

Banned
    Last Online
    03-27-2012 @ 11:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Prussia
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid Nordid
    Politics
    Das Herz am rechten Fleck
    Religion
    Hoffnung
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    If some people's goal is to see EU vanishing, just allow Balkan states to enter EU and we'll do it for you
    Many Balkan states are already in the EU and nothing happens. Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Greece.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbo-Montenigger
    Ancestry
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Monkey
    Politics
    Against the modern world
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svanhild View Post
    Many Balkan states are already in the EU and nothing happens. Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Greece.
    I was more talking about mentality and how we have that extraordinary, so to say, habit, to screw everything up .

Whats more, I was more talking about ex-Yu countries, but as I see it, allowing Bulgaria and Romania to enter EU caused a lot of headaches, not to mention Greece

Slovenia? Slovenia is de facto Balkan country, but in reality they are everything but Balkanoids. As the matter of fact, Balkan Peninsula is ending with Croatia where even Romania do not belong to Balkans. Turkey is more Balkan state than Romania.

Hungary? Sweetie, Hungary was never Balkan state, Hungary belongs to Central European plain . You might find funny, but natural border between Balkans and Central Europe is Danube river. One part of BElgrade is in Central Europe and another in Balkans. My town, for example is not in Balkans, but in Central Europe . For those who knows a bit more about this subject, they can confirm that mentalities of those in Vojvodina (Central European north Serbian region) and those in Serbia (Balkans) are quite different in many aspects,

Banned
    Last Online
    11-26-2011 @ 10:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    baptized Catholic as an infant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

It does interest me, the EU, very much so. An economic/political entity that spans a continent yet claims not to be powerful with the irony being that it could not exist without the very power it denies over it's members.

I do wonder if the EU is realistic long-term considering European history and considering that Europeans are extremely nationalistic in their own ways, much more so than Americans in some respects. I see the EU in all honesty as what came after what I would deem the great-weakening of Europe. Europe after WW2 was really a broken place in more ways than one and it, in my opinion, has not yet returned (but I believe it will).

The EU to me represents the accumulation of that weakness into a great leech-like attempted control system that will ultimately fail and usher in the real Europe.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rompuy
    Fear leads to egoism, egoism leads to nationalism, and nationalism leads to war

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

The only time we acknowledge a conspiracy is when it is confirmed it is genuine and verified, and by this time it is too late. If this continues, we are doomed.

Let Europe be an example for the new world, that denial, and fear of ridicule, and fear itself is no longer acceptable. Let the machine be destroyed.

Rise up, Europa. And let us in the new world be prepared and vigilant.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-27-2012 @ 11:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Prussia
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid Nordid
    Politics
    Das Herz am rechten Fleck
    Religion
    Hoffnung
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    Whats more, I was more talking about ex-Yu countries, but as I see it, allowing Bulgaria and Romania to enter EU caused a lot of headaches, not to mention Greece
    Right, but the EU is still alive.
    Slovenia? Slovenia is de facto Balkan country, but in reality they are everything but Balkanoids. As the matter of fact, Balkan Peninsula is ending with Croatia where even Romania do not belong to Balkans. Turkey is more Balkan state than Romania.
    Then the definition about what the Balkan is differs. Here in Germany, the common territory known as "the Balkan" is:

Don't feel offended, it's not my definition but the schoolbook definition of the Balkans. Romania is culturally connected with the Balkan and Slovenia is former Yugoslavian territory. However, you're right about Hungary as not being a part of the Balkan. My mistake.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 06:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Ireland, England
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hereward View Post
    Mr Van Rompuy linked hostility to the EU, and the idea that countries could leave the Union, to a revival of aggressive nationalism.
    Aggressive nationalism = any kind of nationalistic thought, no doubt.

David Cameron, the Prime Minister, declared that he was a Eurosceptic
    He's an odd sort of Eurosceptic, one that salivates at the thought of Turkey joining the EU.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbo-Montenigger
    Ancestry
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Monkey
    Politics
    Against the modern world
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svanhild View Post
    Right, but the EU is still alive.

Then the definition about what the Balkan is differs. Here in Germany, the common territory known as "the Balkan" is:

Don't feel offended, it's not my definition but the schoolbook definition of the Balkans. Romania is culturally connected with the Balkan and Slovenia is former Yugoslavian territory. However, you're right about Hungary as not being a part of the Balkan. My mistake.
    No, this is Balkan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information