Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazou View Post
    They really cleaned up and renovated Intramuros recently. I visited early last year, and the streets are much more immaculate and tidy looking then they were several years ago when I first visited the place. I have lots of cool pics when I was there...great memories. I wonder what type of Spanish architecture those buildings and city designs were modeled after.
    Yeah, they really cleaned up the place lately. You have pics? Do you want to share them here? Most of the architecture in Intramuros with the exception of San Agustin church were only rebuilt after the war. As for the Spanish architecture they were modeled after, I think they were modeled after the "Earthquake Baroque" style.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Looks great. See, Duterte was right to make peace with China.
    It was a pragmatic move on his part. The future belongs to China after all.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazou View Post
    What I would love in Philippines is a high tech full-fledged subway system that could rival the likes of Hong Kong/New York etc. I think that would significantly boost the Philippines reputation by quite a bit!
    Actually, the Philippines is in partnership with Japan's JICA to build a subway in Manila.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    Actually, the Philippines is in partnership with Japan's JICA to build a subway in Manila.

How extensive will it be? I imagine a city the size of Manila will need a very large system.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

HK has a very efficient subway line, because HK is small.

But the largest subway systems in the world are now in Beijing and Shanghai. Longer than NYC, London, or Tokyo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metro_systems

Also, HK's development nowadays are dwarfed by the huge projects in many of Mainland China's huge cities.

Just take Chongqing for instance.

Without a doubt, Duterte was right to make peace with China for the sake of the Philippines' future development.
    Chongqing is no doubt a megacity and it's more strategically placed than Hong Kong by being in central China and is also at the confluence of the Yangtze River. However, central China isn't as rich as coastal China.

As for Duterte making peace with China. I wish he'd do it without antagonizing the USA. He disrespected Obama once and called him the son of a whore, lol.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

How extensive will it be? I imagine a city the size of Manila will need a very large system.
    It will run from north of Manila to the center before it U-turns and returns up north.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Chongqing is no doubt a megacity and it's more strategically placed than Hong Kong by being in central China and is also at the confluence of the Yangtze River. However, central China isn't as rich as coastal China.

As for Duterte making peace with China. I wish he'd do it without antagonizing the USA. He disrespected Obama once and called him the son of a whore, lol.
    Well, I think the Philippines is in a good place now. I think it is in the good graces of both Xi Jinping and Trump which is optimal for it's development.

IDK about Chongqing being better placed because HK is at the head of the PRD, which is one of the world's greatest urban economies. They are different certainly. Central China is rapidly catching up in development however, even though it is still a laggard compared to China's coastal regions.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It will run from north of Manila to the center before it U-turns and returns up north.

I guess that's a good start though Manila probably needs an even more comprehensive system probably.

Manila should learn from Shanghai and Beijing, which built giant subway systems underneath already dense urban areas.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Well, I think the Philippines is in a good place now. I think it is in the good graces of both Xi Jinping and Trump which is optimal for it's development.

IDK about Chongqing being better placed because HK is at the head of the PRD, which is one of the world's greatest urban economies. They are different certainly. Central China is rapidly catching up in development however, even though it is still a laggard compared to China's coastal regions.
    We may be in for a difficult situation with Trump around. He's a protectionist and most likely all the Business Process Outsourcing companies operating here, which are working for U.S. firms, will pack up and leave, which is a big-no no since BPOs form a large portion of the Philippine economy.

Maybe Chongqing and HK are just different. Chongqing is more geared towards the domestic economy while HK which is at the head of the PRD is geared towards international trade.

The cities in the PRD are well suited for that purpose.

Also the PRD's economy is more varied...

There's financials in Hong-Kong, gambling in Macau, manufacturing in Shenzhen etc.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I guess that's a good start though Manila probably needs an even more comprehensive system probably.

Manila should learn from Shanghai and Beijing, which built giant subway systems underneath already dense urban areas.
    That will only be phase one of the operation, they're planning to extend it all the way south until Laguna de Bay. It will also criss-cross with the already existing above-ground Metro-Rail System.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information