Atlanto Med- Berid + Amerind admix
    Hero
    Loki
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,785
    Given: 24,757

2 Not allowed!

Post BREAKING – Supreme Court Ruling: NO Islam In Public Schools

The full panel of nine Supreme Court justices met to decide the fate of Islam taught in public schools. Under Obama’s lead schools were teaching that Islam is a peaceful religion, even though all of our real life examples contradict that.

Treddify reported that Judge Neil Gorsuch cast the tie-breaking vote. The 5-4 ruling was that the only part of Islam history taught in public schools will be Radical Islam and what students can do to help stop it.

Judge Gorsuch wrote, “The government certainly has no business being involved in religion, but this isn’t a government issue or a religious issue. This is about the judicial branch interpreting the laws as they apply to the teaching of religion. We should be
    teaching any religions in this country besides standard Judeo-Christianity, as our founders wanted, and we certainly shouldn’t be filling the children with lies about Islam being a ‘religion of peace’ when they see the carnage on the news almost every day.”

The full panel of nine Supreme Court justices met to decide the fate of Islam taught in public schools. Under Obama’s lead schools were teaching that Islam is a peaceful religion, even though all of our real life examples contradict that.

Treddify reported that Judge Neil Gorsuch cast the tie-breaking vote. The 5-4 ruling was that the only part of Islam history taught in public schools will be Radical Islam and what students can do to help stop it.
    Judge Gorsuch wrote, “The government certainly has no business being involved in religion, but this isn’t a government issue or a religious issue. This is about the judicial branch interpreting the laws as they apply to the teaching of religion. We should be
    teaching any religions in this country besides standard Judeo-Christianity, as our founders wanted, and we certainly shouldn’t be filling the children with lies about Islam being a ‘religion of peace’ when they see the carnage on the news almost every day.”

Gorsuch continued, “It is our duty as Americans first and judges second to safeguard the way our children are indoctrinated.”

This is an additional ruling from the one just last week that forbids the teaching of Islamic tenets or Sharia as part of world history as well. The Obama administration obviously has no power or influence in the court anymore.

H/T Conservativeworlddaily

Our country and Christianity scored a huge win. Thanks to our president we can get back to respecting our true values and the normal every day worshipping of the only real God.

Last Online
    05-19-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    thor
    Ethnicity
    viking
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 107

0 Not allowed!

They arent really stopping it ,just teaching other part of it.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

2 Not allowed!

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

3 Not allowed!

Lol, it's completely fake, that's funny. For the record, in my time in US public school, we never learned about the tenants of any religion. Students are taught about the early history of Islam, the Arab conquest of MENA, the Islamic golden age, those sorts of things.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekarotuinen View Post
    Lol, it's completely fake, that's funny. For the record, in my time in US public school, we never learned about the tenants of any religion. Students are taught about the early history of Islam, the Arab conquest of MENA, the Islamic golden age, those sorts of things.
    Yeah, it sounded fishy. Since when does the Supreme Court decide what schools teach?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,740
    Given: 17,041

2 Not allowed!

I firmly believe that religion shouldn't be taught in schools. Period.

Yes, the HISTORY of religions can be taught because that is, well.... history but the focus should be HISTORY. Beyond teaching history, no public school should encourage their students to follow, or teach any specific religion regardless of what it is.

If you want to send your kids to a convent school, then obviously religion is part of the reason why you chose that school. If you want to send your kids to a Muslim school, that is also fine because you are sending them there with certain religious convictions in mind.

As an atheist I would choose a public school which does not try to indoctrinate people in any way. If my child became specifically interested in a religion they were taught about I would encourage them to explore it in their own time.

I come from a rather fucked-up religious upbringing. I was baptized Catholic because my grandfather was Catholic and my mom was Catholic. Or lets say, rather, that my mom was Catholic at the time I was born. Then she got interested in Eastern religions and astrology and crystal healing and all that goes along with it. She was (and still is) some hippy-happy Cosmic child who believes in reincarnation and all that jazz. Then she makes the crazy decision to put me in a Seventh Day Adventist private school. Please don't ask me where the logic is in this. I have pondered the logic many times only to come to the conclusion that there is no logic. But Confucious can be confusing and maybe he had a firm grip on my mom's pubic hair at the time.

So here comes little 6 year old me, who is learning how to find an animal spirit in a crystal and is unceremoniously plopped into a bunch of Jesus-freaks who spend more time thinking about the Devil than they do about the God they supposedly worship. It wasn't a good mix. At home I was being taught one thing, and at school the polar opposite. It was very confusing for me because I didn't know what was going on more than half the time. The school became extremely worried about these "satanic" influences coming from my home environment. They called in their own Christian social workers who tried to figure out what was going on. After all the questioning and investigation everyone left with more questions than answers. In the end it was all a huge laugh - because crying makes you sad and the only way to deal with these fuck-ups is to laugh. I hated being at that school because they singled you out if you didn't "fit in" and then deliberately made your life hell in the name of Jesus Christ. A teacher even smacked me across the face with a bible, obviously hoping Jesus would leave an impression on my life. The only impression I had is where the bible hit my cheek. It was red and sore but went away. I have never been with Jesus in such close quarters before, and if anything it felt like he trod on my face with a sandal.

After causing too many religious scandals by the time I was 14 my mom put me in a public school. There they just carried on with school work and that was end of it. There were no bibles and no hymn-singing. In fact, they started us singing Red Hot Chili Peppers. As for teaching or encouraging religion, there was NONE of that.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Good luck figuring me out...
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 7,801

0 Not allowed!

"Fake news."

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    [...]
    My mom who believes in New Age junk almost sent me to a batshit insane Evangelical Protestant school. I protested vehemently and refused to go. She saw how nuts they were when I showed her that their school application form asked things like, "When was the last time you danced? Used cards?" Cretins. I suppose she figured that any private education was better than a public school. There is no way in Hell I would've gone to a school like that. Hell no.

You were assaulted and battered at school by a member of the faculty? Outrageous. Surely, you could have sued them for major damages $$$? Did you tell your mother?

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Daler Mendhi

0 Not allowed!

fake?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,740
    Given: 17,041

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    My mom who believes in New Age junk almost sent me to a batshit insane Evangelical Protestant school. I protested vehemently and refused to go. She saw how nuts they were when I showed her that their school application form asked things like, "When was the last time you danced? Used cards?" Cretins. I suppose she figured that any private education was better than a public school. There is no way in Hell I would've gone to a school like that. Hell no.

You were assaulted and battered at school by a member of the faculty? Outrageous. Surely, you could have sued them for major damages $$$? Did you tell your mother?
    Yes, she knew about it, but what can you do? It was the early 90's and it isn't as easy to sue someone here as it is in the US. Suing someone costs you thousands and if you're going up against a corporation, company or an entity like a school with solid financial resources (the Seventh Day Adventists are an international organisation), they drag the case out for so long that you have to withdraw because you can't afford to carry on with it. Unless you have a lot of money to burn you cannot just sue someone.

She did take me out of the school shortly after this happened though. I give her credit for that. Their "attacks" weren't just physical but also emotional and mental. Teachers stopped speaking to me, pretending I wasn't there, ignoring me in class, "forgetting" to mark my tests. I was constantly in trouble for things I didn't do. That was the worst, trying to defend yourself against untrue accusations because the more you defend yourself the guiltier you look. Oh, I could write you an entire book about what those people did to me. Since then I hate that false, hypocritical nest of cockroaches.

It carried on over a period of years, from the time I was about 10. When I was 13 I had enough of them and they had enough of me. They called a meeting with my mom to say that if I come back the following year they will find reason to expel me and she better take me out of the school because my "satanic influence" was affecting the other kids. My mom assured them that I WOULDN'T be coming back. I'm just sad that it had to escalate to this point before she took action. Your pre-teens and early teens are supposed to be innocent and fun. When I look back a heavy, black cloud looms over those years.

I had to laugh about something, though. They are creationists and when we got our biology books for that year the teacher pointed out paragraphs which spoke about evolution. We had to draw lines across anything and everything which mentioned evolution. It was kind of cool, because it gave us less to study. (Well, it's cool when you're 13 and the teacher scraps half your syllabus.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information