( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hero
    IncelSlayer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 861
    Given: 740

1 Not allowed!

Default Vlach's payed to declare themselves greek

Following is an interview translated by me, of the only aromanian vicar from South-East Albania,Sotir monastery ,Dumitraqe Veriga courtesy of Radio France Internationale.In the following interview he presents the reality aromanians have to face in Greece and Albania every day.Troll and spam on this thread will be reported.I have multiple interviews from him, which I will translate.

"-Why did you not declare yourself as greek?-I cannot betray my kin"

In Albania the comunity of aromanians numbers around 300.000 persons, which is about 10% of the country's population.In spite of this, the Aromanian community is not recognized as an ethnic minority, but only a cultural minority.The priest Dumitraq Veriga, the only aromanian priest from Albania , korce - in South-East of the country, has revealed to Stefan Popescu,interviewer from RFI,in an on-site interview,about the intense campaign of denationalization led by Greece to the aromanian community in Albania.Who declares himself as greek receives 380 euro each month.

Priest Veriga: The problem is this: the Greeks want to have as many as possible co-nationals in Albania.And for this they pay the aromanians to declare themselves greek.You know that for example a 65-year-old retired Greek receives over 380 euro.

Stefan Popescu: Each month?

Priest Veriga: 380 each month, even if he never worked once in his life for those money.

Stefan Popescu: Father, can we say that the cause of romanianism was lost in Albania and that the match was won by greeks?

Priest Veriga: Ofcourse we can say this and all thanks to the money they give.Who does not want euro's?

Stefan Popescu: And Romania does not help?

Priest Veriga: Not at all.

Stefan Popescu: Only morally and culturally...

Priest Veriga: Morally and culturally and with scholarships.But if an aromanian declares himself as greek, the greek authorities also give him citizenship at once.

Stefan Popescu: Father, why did you not declare yourself as greek?

Priest Veriga: How can I declare myself!?This cannot happen.I cannot betray my kin.I cannot think about this, even though they offered!I am not allowed to enter Greece.They don't give me visa.Last time I've been at the greek Consulate they told me "If you declare yourself vlaho-greek you get visa".I said "Goodbye!" and left.

Stefan popescu: And you've never been in Greece?

Priest Veriga: I've been 6 years before.I had a sick brother, he was hospitalized there.Then they gave me a visa, but with great difficulty, with questions like "Where are you goin?Why are you going?".They were afraid that I would do romanian
    propaganda in Greece.

Stefan Popescu: In Pind?

Priest Veriga: In Pind, the Pind is all vlach, but they are hiding, they are afraid to declare themselvs vlachs, aromanians.

Stefan Popescu: But here in Albania you are not afraid to declare yourself aromanian?

Priest Veriga: I am not afraid, but many are.They are afraid to have their money taken.They are afraid to lose.I do not have fear because I do not have any money.I cannot lose my nationality!And I talk with others who have succumbed
    and I tell them "Shame!", "How could you?".

Stefan Popescu: And what they tell you?They evoke the material difficulties?

Priest Veriga: They tell me "You will remain like this!".I will stay like this, I know how it is.

Stefan Popescu: You've sent your childrens to study in Romania?

Priest Veriga: Only a girl.And now she works here in Korce.

Stefan popescu: What would you want from Romania?

Priest Veriga: For the church, only for the church.

Stefan popescu: You will want to receive students, so someone will continue your job?

Priest Veriga: Should, but they dont come.

Stefan Popescu: Why they dont come, father, because many students from the Orthodox Church go to France, Canada, instead of coming here in Albania at our brothers?

Priest Veriga :It would be very good if they came here.You know, there are problems here with the episcopy too, the bishop is albanian and he does not like others to come.
    Last edited by Deymark; 05-01-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2018 @ 02:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Gut-þiuda
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Oklahoma
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hero
    IncelSlayer
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In memoriam of Dumitrache Verga

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,853
    Given: 26,190

1 Not allowed!

if someone tells me they're greek because they want money from me , it's their fault rather than mine.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Gut-þiuda
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Oklahoma
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hero
    IncelSlayer
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    if someone tells me they're greek because they want money from me , it's their fault rather than mine.
    You think like the Devil.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Deymark View Post
    You think like the Devil.
    what are you talking about? i said these people most likely claim to be greeks in order to get the pension , right? so what does Greece have to do with this choice ?

or maybe you prefer what the ghegs did to your people in moscopole?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Gut-þiuda
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Oklahoma
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hero
    IncelSlayer
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    what are you talking about? i said these people most likely claim to be greeks in order to get the pension , right? so what does Greece have to do with this choice ?

or maybe you prefer what the ghegs did to your people in moscopole?
    Their morality is not here to be judged.Stick to the subject.
    What arnaut did to Moscopole is another story.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

They are not paid to declare themselves Greek you fool.

They are helped financially so they can STAY in Albania. The Greek state tries to KEEP the GREEK minority in Albania so that they don't emigrate en masse to Greece.

Many are abandoning Albania and are emigrating to Greece, and when they return back to their villages in Albania, they find their properties looted or occupied by Albanians. As a result the Greek minority in Albania is in grave danger of extinction. The Greek villages are being deserted and often they lose their Albanian citizenship when they return to Albania.

The Vlachs have always been the staunchest supporters of Hellenism. They have always identified as Greeks. If you tell them they are not Greek they will laugh at your face.

They repeatedly write letters to the Greek president "not to forget them", and how the Greek country have abandoned them to Albanians. They are the ones that warn that the Greek communities in Albania are in danger.

Athens in diplomatic spat with Tirana over demolition of ethnic Greeks

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Deymark View Post
    Their morality is not here to be judged.Stick to the subject.
    What arnaut did to Moscopole is another story.
    listen to me you troll, vlachs in albania live like shit and if anything Greece helped them get out of misery .

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

In Romania it is easier to tell who is a Vlach. Many are recognized by their Greek surnames (e.g. Papadima, Papacostea, Caranika) and first names, which sometimes are still written with the Greek diminutives (e.g Athena, Perikles, Zoitsa, Steliu, Nacu, Lambrache, Tache). The faces that go with the names often look like those that one sees in Greece.

Some Romanians ask why the Vlachs are not recognized as a minority in Greece. However, historically the members of this ‘minority’ have acted as the backbone of Hellenism: fighters against Ottoman occupation, like Rigas Feraios, Giorgakis Olympios, and possibly Theodoros Kolokotronis;8 leaders of leftist resistance against the Germans (EAM), such as Alexandros Svolos and Andreas Tzimas. Distinguished writers like Kostas Krystallis and Christos Zalokostas were Vlach, as were contemporary composers like Apostolos Kaldaras, Kostas Virvos, Babis Bakalis, and Mitropanos. Many became rich Balkan merchants during the 18th and 19th centuries and many Greek national benefactors were Vlachs, such as Nikolaos Stournaris, Georgios Arsakis, Michael and Georgios Tositsas, Georgios Sinas.9 Simon Sinas financed the construction of the Academy of Athens, while Georgios Averoff contributed to the first Olympic games.10 There was at least one Vlach prime minister, Ioannis Kolettis (1773-1847), ministers (like Evangelos Averoff), and countless senators. Without the majority realizing it, the government of Greece was many times under the control of this ‘minority’.

How are the contradictions reconciled? The topic is extremely politicized, and the publications of the last 100 years reflect that. Some authors analyze Byzantine documents and travelogues of foreigners, songs and traditions for differences or similarities. Specific events are generalized, and the historical hiatus is filled and interpreted according to the political ideology of each writer.11 In general, the Greek publications leave no doubt about the Greek origin of the Vlachs.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Gut-þiuda
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Oklahoma
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hero
    IncelSlayer
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    They are not paid to declare themselves Greek you fool.

They are helped financially so they can STAY in Albania. The Greek state tries to KEEP the GREEK minority in Albania so that they don't emigrate en masse to Greece.

Many are abandoning Albania and are emigrating to Greece, and when they return back to their villages in Albania, they find their properties looted or occupied by Albanians. As a result the Greek minority in Albania is in grave danger of extinction. The Greek villages are being deserted and often they lose their Albanian citizenship when they return to Albania.

The Vlachs have always been the staunchest supporters of Hellenism. They have always identified as Greeks. If you tell them they are not Greek they will laugh at your face.

They repeatedly write letters to the Greek president "not to forget them", and how the Greek country have abandoned them to Albanians. They are the ones that warn that the Greek communities in Albania are in danger.
    Bullshit.If the aromanians from Albania declare themselves greek, they become greek citicens and receive 380 euro pension/month.It's as simple as that.It was explained by me and here http://www.farsarotul.org/nl26_1.htm why they consider themselv Hellene.
    The Greek state hates aromanian identity and language , as multiple ONG'S pointed you.Any person can go to Greece and see this for themselves.
    Raine, I don't know greek but perhaps you can help me translate what this greek women is telling to the old man that just spoke in aromanian, at 0:37

https://youtu.be/SCQHsdIwJjg?t=37

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information