Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbolat View Post
    I don't know where you get these numbers
    It is from MDLP K16 spreadsheet, calculators you mentioned first when discussing NA admixture in Iberia.
    but Neolithic component originated in Levant and migrated to Europe during the Neolithic expansion, it is still strong in South Europe and Levant. Caucasus Hunter Gatherer (CHG) spread into Arabia during the Bronze Age (that's where haplogroup J in Arabia come from) and haplogroup J became dominant via founder effect.
    Neolithic which is very high in Iberians is fully-European related, as already mentioned it is highest in Sardianians/Basques and not any MENA group. North-western Europeans like English, Scottish, Norwegian will score high neolithic too, but very little Caucasus. It is in south-eastern Europe where Caucasus scores start to rise.

MENA's in that calculator score lot more Caucasian than neolithic, it's simply fact. Here, purest Levantines (where you claim neolithic is strong), Lebanese (3 population averages mean):

Caucasian: 47,38 %
    Neolithic: 14, 05 %

Caucasus component is almost 3 times more. The same pattern in Arabian Gulf. That's why I claimed it's highly Natufian related, with ANE admixture. In this calculator neolithic component is simply lot more European-related than Caucasian.
    (I'm not biased as I score only little bit more neolithic than Caucasian, people in eastern side of Europe have more Caucasian admixture than westerners)

From Eurasia k9 ASI calculator

Saudi
    SW Asian 65.30
    Early_Neolithic_Farmers 15.01
    Caucasus Hunter Gatherers 13.68

They only have 13% CHG
    But these are very different components. those calculators are not similar, therefore comparison isn't much possible. SW Asian from this calculator was probably split between Near Eastern and Caucasian in MDLP K16, that's why the scores are different.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-13-2017 @ 09:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Karachay
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 127

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    It is from MDLP K16 spreadsheet, calculators you mentioned first when discussing NA admixture in Iberia.

Neolithic which is very high in Iberians is fully-European related, as already mentioned it is highest in Sardianians/Basques and not any MENA group. North-western Europeans like English, Scottish, Norwegian will score high neolithic too, but very little Caucasus. It is in south-eastern Europe where Caucasus scores start to rise.

MENA's in that calculator score lot more Caucasian than neolithic, it's simply fact. Here, purest Levantines (where you claim neolithic is strong), Lebanese (3 population averages mean):

Caucasian: 47,38 %
    Neolithic: 14, 05 %

Caucasus component is almost 3 times more. The same pattern in Arabian Gulf. That's why I claimed it's highly Natufian related, with ANE admixture. In this calculator neolithic component is simply lot more European-related than Caucasian.
    (I'm not biased as I score only little bit more neolithic than Caucasian, people in eastern side of Europe have more Caucasian admixture than westerners)

But these are very different components. those calculators are not similar, therefore comparison isn't much possible. SW Asian from this calculator was probably split between Near Eastern and Caucasian in MDLP K16, that's why the scores are different.
    No, that would not make sense. SW Asian is closer to Neolithic/Med/ENF component and it usually gets split between Med/EEF and SW/Near East components.

Anyway, Yamnaya itself was 1/2 CHG-West Asian 1/2 EHG, and CHG is definitely less Basal Eurasian shifted than EEF component.

You are still misinterpreting CHG input in Arabia/Gulf, it was spread to those regions during the Bronze Age (with haplogroup J), which means the Arabian Peninsula was even more Basal Eurasian-like before receiving CHG and SSA ancestry. Arabs' CHG admixture is meaningless, because we know the distances between different components and ENF/Mediterrenean component is absolutely closer to SW Asian component, which in turn closest to Basal Eurasian.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbolat View Post
    No, that would not make sense. SW Asian is closer to Neolithic/Med/ENF component and it usually gets split between Med/EEF and SW/Near East components.

Anyway, Yamnaya itself was 1/2 CHG-West Asian 1/2 EHG, and CHG is definitely less Basal Eurasian shifted than EEF component.

You are still misinterpreting CHG input in Arabia/Gulf, it was spread to those regions during the Bronze Age (with haplogroup J), which means the Arabian Peninsula was even more Basal Eurasian-like before receiving CHG and SSA ancestry. Arabs' CHG admixture is meaningless, because we know the distances between different components and ENF/Mediterrenean component is absolutely closer to SW Asian component, which in turn closest to Basal Eurasian.
    Sorry but you don't make any sense. How can their CHG be meaningless when it's 3x times higher than neolithic ? The Caucasoid ancestry in South Asia too, is mainly CHG. So it's correct to say that middle easterners are mainly composed of near eastern/Red Sea and CHG/West Asian components. What makes North Caucasians different than Arabs, Levantines and Iranians it their high steppe input with lot lower near eastern scores.

CHG is highly basal related. Because in case it was not like you claim, it means neolithic is real basal admixture which would make it European and MENA's would have major source of their ancestry from different source. And that unlikely.
    Where do you think Yamnaya dark complexion comes from ? It isn't from Eastern Hunter Gatherers...
    Last edited by Jana; 05-10-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 02:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Diverse
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid-Iranid-Faelid
    Politics
    Pragmathic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,154
    Given: 1,061

0 Not allowed!

I will create a thread: Russian Domain and Its Genetic Influence In Karachay.

According I discovered the Karachay-Cherkess Republic even had a half russian, half karachay president.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2017 @ 02:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Punic
    Ethnicity
    Tunisian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!

This thread is based on assumptions. It is not easy to determine the genetic contribution of Moors without Moorish Dna samples from that period.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,405
    Given: 12,600

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
    This thread is based on assumptions. It is not easy to determine the genetic contribution of Moors without Moorish Dna samples from that period.
    Eventually some DNA testing will be done on people living from that period. I do know they have dug up cemeteries of Muslims from different periods in Iberia.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2017 @ 02:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Punic
    Ethnicity
    Tunisian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Eventually some DNA testing will be done on people living from that period. I do know they have dug up cemeteries of Muslims from different periods in Iberia.
    Great news.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    You will not like it
    Hero
    el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,148
    Given: 18,117

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Depends on who was in those cemeteries...Muslims brought Slavs to Iberia for eg.

To give an analogy...if 500 years from now, they escavated a Dubai cemetery, they might think the Persian Gulf was primarily inhabited by Filipinos, Indians and Bangladeshis

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,034
    Given: 1,735

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibericus View Post
    They are part of Spain, but they are not ethnic spaniards. Their north-african is not because of "moors" but because of the indigenous Guanches,

No, they didn't. Half of Spain was already re-conquered after 300 years. Only Granda lasted 8 centuries (and they are not more north-african admixed than rest of Spain).
    I beg to differ. The vast majority of DNA in Canarians is Iberian. So we are ethnically Spanish, but with extra North African. Also, 1/3 of Canarians have no Guanche ancestors and are completely Iberian. The majority of the other 2/3 are predominantly Iberian. I myself am 90%. Besides, although not all Iberians have North African DNA, most have a few percent and it even gets as high as 7% in western Spain. I have 10%. So I have 3% more than a western Spaniard. Not much difference genetically between myself and a western Spaniard and we would plot near each other.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

0 Not allowed!

Moors left many toponyms in Iberia. There's no reason why they didn't leave some DNA. The Inquisition had no racist considerations, when a Moor was sincerely converted to Christianity, his soul was blessed.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information