Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,970
    Given: 12,774

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    American vs. European (or Canuck) mindset
    I'm in favor of an absolute freedom of speech, but if because of that my country becomes an anarchy like TA (where even the mods get involved in food fights), then I say that the warden must knit his brows.
    That's what laws are for, Grimey: not to punish the guilty, but to protect the victim.

Allons enfants de la Melkina, le jour de gloire est arrivé.
    What you refer to as 'anarchy' is simply you feeling uncomfortable that you don't have complete control of others. How would it be 'anarchy like in TA' if you can be charged for making violent threats towards someone? Or for harassment?

We have a different concept of what laws are for. I believe laws exist to protect people from physical harm and shady practices. In other words behavior that has real consequences that you can point to (a bloody face from an assault, a building that isn't up to code and therefore a danger to its tenants, etc.) You believe laws should include... naughty words, which have.... what type of consequences? Feeling bad about one's self? Awww.... hugs! It'll be okay, Melki.

If you think someone is a victim because an obnoxious person said naughty words to them, then you're a man-child who thinks other adults in society are children as well. There is no way around it. It's insulting to an actual victim of a crime to claim someone saying, 'Fuck you, kike! Hitler was right!' is a victim also. It's also degrading to the person being insulted that you feel they need to be protected by naughty words by the state. You're stripping them of being adults and turning them into children. That's exactly what the Left wants to do. It wants to make children of us all.

Also, this shit rarely ever happens and so why do you even need to make it an issue except to create children of us all? I can count on one hand how many times I've heard people say racial slurs at someone (almost all by Blacks towards others). I've never heard someone being insulted for their religion.

It's sad and revealing that you think the way people behave on an internet forum where no one knows who they are is how people behave in real life where people do know who they are. Maybe you should get out more. In the real world people think naughty words, they don't say it because if you say them you might get beat up. It's very rare for someone to get racial/ethnic/religious with their insults.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Also, this shit rarely ever happens and so why do you even need to make it an issue except to create children of us all? I can count on one hand how many times I've heard people say racial slurs at someone (almost all by Blacks towards others). I've never heard someone being insulted for their religion.
    I hadn't only "insults" in mind, Grimey, but true hate crimes against Muslims in the U.S.A. We have that in Europe too, but not to such an extent. Your country should do more to protect your religious minorities. Very often, defamation is only the first step to something more cruel and ruthless.
    Moral harassment is a highway to Hell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/u...rise.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    It's sad and revealing that you think the way people behave on an internet forum where no one knows who they are is how people behave in real life where people do know who they are. Maybe you should get out more. In the real world people think naughty words, they don't say it because if you say them you might get beat up. It's very rare for someone to get racial/ethnic/religious with their insults.
    Don't worry about my social life, Grimey.
    Here's my proposal to improve the forum in a distant future: instead of downvoting other users, we should be able to inflict pain through electrical discharges. By just pressing a button on your keyboard, in case of a feud or simply a disagreement, your rival or opponent would get immediately tasered on the other side of the world.
    It would be just like the Milgram experiment with the major difference that pain would be real and that all forum members could decide themselves when they would push the button and whom they would punish. I can predict everybody would react with extreeeeme sadistic pleasure. You and me would enjooooy tasering each other aaaaaall the time.

Do you think it's a brillant idea? Sadly, self-justice rarely works.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-17-2018 @ 04:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mare
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,783
    Given: 2,629

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    I hadn't only "insults" in mind, Grimey, but true hate crimes against Muslims in the U.S.A. We have that in Europe too, but not to such an extent. Your country should do more to protect your religious minorities. Very often, defamation is only the first step to something more cruel and ruthless.
    Moral harassment is a highway to Hell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/u...rise.html?_r=0
    Indeed, acts that cause physical harm towards a group, like genocide or slavery for instance, are almost always preceeded by dehumanization speech. I've always assumed the use of racial slurs and derrogatory terms were offenses everywhere, this is something kinda obvious that is harmful. Why would anyone, being a good citizen, fight for their 'right' to use dehumanization speech towards any group?

Protecting minorities from hate speech is a humanitarian act. When you live in a society where the majority is allowed to dehumanize verbally a minority, that is a small step to something more serious. If you live in a society where it's accepted to throw slurs randomly at a group, let's say muslims, people will start to think that however they misconduct themselves towards muslims there will be little or no consequences, then someone goes a bit further and push a muslim to the ground, and likely nothing will happen because the people in positions of power have already incorporated anti-muslim sentiments. This is basically the situation that happened with blacks in the new world, even after they were freed they were still treated as second class citizens which made it more socially acceptable things like attacking or lynching. This basically goes along with the famous broken windows theory, by ignoring small offensive acts people will feel free to escalate in their vandalism.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information