Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

0 Not allowed!

Default Street clashes and protests in Greece in general strike

Greeks you are failed nation I swear.

Athens protest turns violent as general strike brings Greece to a halt
    A protest in Athens took a violent turn as labor unions launched a strike over a raft of austerity measures. Workers worry they are being forced to accept salary cuts without receiving more bailout funds in return.

Greek police in Athens fired tear gas to break up protesters at anti-austerity demonstrations on Wednesday. Some protesters in the crowd of some 12,000 people threw rocks and firecrackers at police.

The street protests were part of a 24-hour general strike by Greek workers over a new round of austerity measures insisted upon by the heavily indebted country's creditors. Travel was disrupted and hospitals were working with emergency staff only as the labor unions decried cuts to salaries and pensions.

More than 150 flights were grounded in the middle of the day as air-traffic controllers joined in the strike for four hours.

The austerity measures are part of an agreement made between the left-wing government of Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and the country's creditors, mainly the European Central Bank (ECB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), to receive badly needed cash in order to avoid bankruptcy.

"We want to send a decisive message to the government, the European Union and the International Monetary Fund that we will not let them cut up our lives," Alekos Perrakis, a senior member of Communist union PAME, told reporters.

The regulations are set to be voted on in parliament on Thursday.

Merkel, Tspiras talk debt relief

While many Greeks have swallowed the bitter pills of previous austerity measures, what incensed the striking workers on Wednesday was news that many of the cost-cutting rules will be extended beyond the terms of the country's most recent rescue package. In their eyes, this was tantamount to a fourth bailout without receiving any new funds to help the struggling economy.

"No to the new looting of salaries and pensions," the civil servants' union ADEDY said in a statement.

On top of the general strike, mariners were in the midst of a four-day walkout, shutting down ferry services between Greece's many islands and the mainland.

Also on Wednesday, Tsipras spoke via telephone with German Chancellor Angela Merkel to discuss the Athens' financial situation. According to Tspiras' cabinet, the two leaders agreed that an upcoming meeting of the Eurogroup, the countries that use the common euro currency, on May 22 would be dedicated to resolving Greece's debt crisis. http://www.dw.com/en/athens-protest-...alt/a-38869497

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

yesterday typical day in Greece and this is the center of Athens...

sooooo 3rd world

Banned
    Last Online
    11-22-2022 @ 11:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ancestry
    Egypt
    Country
    Egypt
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,181
    Given: 1,363

1 Not allowed!

Damn , gotta prepare my apartment in Alexandria to host some guys lol.

haha, anyway i find greek people very nice to be honest.

Last Online
    05-27-2023 @ 02:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,802
    Given: 5,812

1 Not allowed!

Of course the concerns of real life average Greek people are much different as opposed to that of outlier marginal incels here who spend all their time trying to convince Europeans that they have nothing to do with Turkey and Turks.

I support the Greek people who stand up against cruelty and government policies. I sympathize with their cause as they also did with us during the Gezi protests. I don't take the Greeks of this forum seriously.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

I admire the way the Greeks stand-up for themselves against that fat parasite Angela Merkel. What's she even doing in Greece dictating the EU laws to them when nobody in Greece voted for a foreign dictator to make their austerity laws and control their money?

The Greeks want to be independent and a self-governed nation and a country of their own, and not an EUSSR controlled state.

Time for Grexit, and for Greece to break-free from the EU's economic prison to get out of the Eurozone too and bring back their own currency.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghostface View Post
    Of course the concerns of real life average Greek people are much different as opposed to that of outlier marginal incels here who spend all their time trying to convince Europeans that they have nothing to do with Turkey and Turks.
    Greeks here are marginal actually but they are right when they say they dont have much in common with us.
    I feel like even Bulgaria has more to do with us than them. Considering Turkey has 60k (nothing) Greek population when Greece %1 Turkish and Bulgaria is ... %9 Turks. Being friendly with Greeks doesnt mean accepting their thesis and answering all their demands. That said ofc there are good Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I admire the way the Greeks stand-up for themselves against that fat parasite Angela Merkel. What's she even doing in Greece dictating the EU laws to them when nobody in Greece voted for a foreign dictator to make their austerity laws and control their money?

The Greeks want to be independent and a self-governed nation and a country of their own, and not an EUSSR controlled state.

Time for Grexit, and for Greece to break-free from the EU's economic prison to get out of the Eurozone too and bring back their own currency.

I think it's also going that direction. Grexit will happen by either Germany kicking them out or Greece itself leaving Eurozone then EU.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyendi View Post
    Greeks here are marginal actually but they are right when they say they dont have much in common with us.
    I feel like even Bulgaria has more to do with us than them. Considering Turkey has 60k (nothing) Greek population when Greece %1 Turkish and Bulgaria is ... %9 Turks. Being friendly with Greeks doesnt mean accepting their thesis and answering all their demands. That said ofc there are good Greeks.
    No we won't accept their thesis and demands. I believe Turkey should be more active on the Aegean Sea than in Syria and other MENA zones. Just shut the southern border and concentrate on some islands that are recently being invaded on the initative of the Greek minister of defense kammenos.

I miss the good old quarrels with Greece over the Aegean Sea before Turkey stuck its nose into the MENA swamp and began to be hit by terror attacks.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No we won't accept their thesis and demands. I believe Turkey should be more active on the Aegean Sea than in Syria and other MENA zones. Just shut the southern border and concentrate on some islands that are recently being invaded on the initative of the Greek minister of defense kammenos.

I miss the good old quarrels with Greece over the Aegean Sea before Turkey stuck its nose into the MENA swamp and began to be hit by terror attacks.
    The traditional Pro-Greek European policy is that Turks should seek as much common as possible with Greeks and satisfy all Greek demands. This is abomination and one of the reasons why Turks got away from EU in last 15 years. Greeks are spoilt but their image destroyed after their financial and economic demise. EU or Europe dont mean Greece for us. Like I said I would pick up Bulgaria or even Romania than Greece. I dont accept them as our match.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyendi View Post
    The traditional Pro-Greek European policy is that Turks should seek as much common as possible with Greeks and satisfy all Greek demands. This is abomination and one of the reasons why Turks got away from EU in last 15 years. Greeks are spoilt but their image destroyed after their financial and economic demise. EU or Europe dont mean Greece for us. Like I said I would pick up Bulgaria or even Romania than Greece.
    Where do I say that we should accept their demands. We should defend those islands like we did in '90s. Since we both are NATO members they eventually will be forced to come to reconcilation and retreat from those islands just like they did from Kardak/Imia. While Erdogan is fixated on Syria and other MENA zones kammenos is invading those islands that do not belong to them by Treaty of Lausanne. And Erdogan overlooks that because he is so MENA obsessed. I miss the '90s governments.

I want to have quarrels and disputes with Greece not with Syria and Iraq because our people suffer and that brought islamic mena terror to our country. I don't give a shit about Syria and Iraq I give a shit about those islands a few kms away from me I can see with my bare eyes being invaded by Greece.

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,991
    Given: 21,752

1 Not allowed!

Where do I say that we should accept their demands. We should defend those islands like we did in '90s. Since we both are NATO members they eventually will be forced to come to reconcilation and retreat from those islands just like they did from Kardak/Imia. While Erdogan is fixated on Syria and other MENA zones kammenos is invading those islands that do not belong to them by Treaty of Lausanne. And Erdogan overlooks that because he is so MENA obsessed. I miss the '90s governments.
    you can leave nato already ... nato is basically dependent on usa policy and you are its enemy
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...0&d=1471874957

Quote Originally Posted by al-Bosni View Post
    I also have nails that I can use as a weapon.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/at...8&d=1509531094

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information