Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

1 Not allowed!

Mexico did not only have Andalusian immigrants (although the vast majority came from there), the next big Spanish population was coming from Extremadura, also from Valencia (majority coming from an area called Alicante), then from Castile-La Mancha or Castile y Leon (I always mix those two up but its one of those either way, those two regions became the second Spanish region to make it to Mexico), then it was the Basques and Navarros and lastly the other Northern Spaniards who were majority business people, rich and wealthy. Most of the wealthy criollo families of Mexico have majority their roots in Northern Spain because they descendant from those wealthy Northern Spanish families that made their way into Mexico. And yes, majority of them came with their families. While almost all of the Southern Spanish population in Mexico were peasants and low class people, Central Spanish people were a mix bag, some were poor while others were wealthy

I think majority of the wealthy Spaniards in Latin America will have Northern Spanish roots for the most part because many were wealthy people who decided to expand their wealthy in Latin America, that is why its not uncommon to find rich Latin American families with Northern Spanish surnames and shit like that

I read this on the Spanish immigration to Mexico and Latin America

Banned
    Last Online
    07-05-2023 @ 12:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtibero
    Country
    Spain
    Hero
    Don Pelayo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 953
    Given: 61

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Potentia View Post
    Ah, I see.

So, what you're saying is that the Andalusians are mostly descended from Northern Castilians, who mixed with the existing Muslim Population of Southern Spain? However, if this were true, what could explain the homogeneity of the peoples of the Iberian Peninsula?
    Moors, like any other non-European ethnic group, were an isolated and minority community in Spain (as in the present day the groups of immigrants), even after they converted to Christianity, so they were subsequently expelled.

Some texts that show it (translated with google):

Arbitrator Cristóbal Pérez de Herrera:

I thought they were good, particularly to grow orchards; But looking at it, they were not for anything; They were only picking up the money, being mule drivers and resellers in eating shops, sucking on our money, helping one another so that there would be no poor people among them, taking away this exploitation from the old Christians ... and they did not spend anything that came In his possession; Not buying wine, which is what most ordinary people use, and what helps to pay the Millions and alcabalas, and bacon and other expensive maintenance, contributed much less than ours.

The colloquium of the dogs of Cervantes:

All his intent is to mince and keep money coined, and to get him work and not eat; In entering the real in his power, as it is not simple, condemn him to imprisonment perpetual and eternal darkness; So that always earning and spending never arrive and accumulate the largest amount of money in Spain. They are piggy banks, their moth, their itch and their weasels; Everything comes, everything is hidden and swallowed up. Consider that they are many, and that every day they gain and hide little or much ... we fall on foot, and with the fruits of our estates, that they resell us, they become rich

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consec...e_los_moriscos

Mixed marriages ?, I do not think

In 1252, Alfonso X of Castile became King of the greater Christian kingdom of the peninsula: Castile and Leon. He said: "If anyone is so unfortunate as to convert to Judaism or Islam, we will order his sentence to death." But let us remember that he also commanded that Muslims and Jews be respected on the Sabbath holy day and on Friday in the synagogues and in the mosques in their holy places. What he wanted was for the religions already present to spread no further.

About Toledo And their supposed coexistence of the three religions:

"I think it has been exaggerated a bit [...]. There was no multiculturalism, as it is today. Each one was taught his religion and each had his church, his synagogue, his mosque, his council, his aljama, his justice, and even marriages between Christians and Jews were prohibited, or that ... but there was a relationship Peaceful relationship between them. "

"The door of each of the neighborhoods was closed at night and this for me means something, and is that, there no was a perfect coexistence."

https://evacuentalahistoriadeespana....stresculturas/

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I think Moors did make their way to Mexico, especially to New Spain and Peru which were in that time the most important and richest new discovered places
    I say this because in Mexico we do have Moorish influence in the cuisine, architecture, words, ect. Spaniards for example dont say alberca, the only ones who use that term are mexicans, while they use piscina
    alberca is a moorish/arab word

you also have the Tapada limeńa, who were Peruvian from Lima who would cover themselves like Burqa muslims, how did this shit get there?? I doubt Spaniards were dressing like this

Banned
    Last Online
    06-15-2018 @ 05:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Native American
    Ethnicity
    Mesoamerican
    Ancestry
    Mesoamerica
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Margid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Colin Moriarty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 895
    Given: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    Mexico did not only have Andalusian immigrants (although the vast majority came from there), the next big Spanish population was coming from Extremadura, also from Valencia (majority coming from an area called Alicante), then from Castile-La Mancha or Castile y Leon (I always mix those two up but its one of those either way, those two regions became the second Spanish region to make it to Mexico), then it was the Basques and Navarros and lastly the other Northern Spaniards who were majority business people, rich and wealthy. Most of the wealthy criollo families of Mexico have majority their roots in Northern Spain because they descendant from those wealthy Northern Spanish families that made their way into Mexico. And yes, majority of them came with their families. While almost all of the Southern Spanish population in Mexico were peasants and low class people, Central Spanish people were a mix bag, some were poor while others were wealthy

I think majority of the wealthy Spaniards in Latin America will have Northern Spanish roots for the most part because many were wealthy people who decided to expand their wealthy in Latin America, that is why its not uncommon to find rich Latin American families with Northern Spanish surnames and shit like that

I read this on the Spanish immigration to Mexico and Latin America
    Don't most Spanish surnames originate in the North? Because, my surname, Juárez, originates in Galicia. However, I do not think that my Spanish Ancestry is Northern in any way. My Great-Grandfather in Mexico, before he died, did own land in Zacatecas however. I'm not too sure that it makes us a more wealthy family.

The most western 23andme apricity member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtiberian żoretani?
    Ethnicity
    spaniard
    Ancestry
    most from Spain: Jaen, Ciudad Real, Toledo slight: France and Germany
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Y-DNA
    F
    mtDNA
    V
    Taxonomy
    atlantic mediterranean cromagnon and western + southern
    Politics
    center
    Hero
    Don Pelayo
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,122
    Given: 259

0 Not allowed!

Well i am half Andalucian, half Castilla la Mancha , in my 23andme can be seen this you talk in the thread.
    et tenebras invadere cor meum vindicare meas

Cuanto mas creo saber mas me doy cuenta de lo poco que se, que razon tenia Socrates

El oceano del Atlas en el occidente y el Gran verde en el oriente, el que ha engendrado grandes culturas, descendientes de Celti e Iber, hijos de Hercules, aqui surgimos y aqui seguimos, ese es nuestro legado, es nuestro eje y eso es lo que somos , celtiberos

Banned
    Last Online
    06-15-2018 @ 05:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Native American
    Ethnicity
    Mesoamerican
    Ancestry
    Mesoamerica
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Margid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Colin Moriarty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 895
    Given: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gold_fenix View Post
    Well i am half Andalucian, half Castilla la Mancha , in my 23andme can be seen this you talk in the thread.
    Interesting.

I've seen your 23andme before. And, you're quite Northern shifted. Maybe you're a Northern transplant?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Potentia View Post
    Don't most Spanish surnames originate in the North? Because, my surname, Juárez, originates in Galicia. However, I do not think that my Spanish Ancestry is Northern in any way. My Great-Grandfather in Mexico, before he died, did own land in Zacatecas however. I'm not too sure that it makes us a more wealthy family.
    A lot of the Spanish settlers in Zacatecas were actually from Extremadura and Andalusia, I remember posting something about the early Spanish settlers of Zacatecas and majority were coming from those regions. Juarez might have originated in Galicia but it doesn't mean that there were no Juarez in Southern Spain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information