Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,999
    Given: 12,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    I disagree. First off, there is no European culture or way of thought. The average French and Ukranian guy, or Swedish and Greek guy have culturally very little in common. The existence of so-called European culture is a myth.
    An Ukrainian, Greek, and Swede share a common ground: the values and cultural reference points instilled in them from a Christian cultural background. Despite belonging to different Christian sects and different historical narratives all three can relate to each other based on the common core values. A Greek and Ukrainian living in Sweden will have an easier time than a Syrian (Muslim or Christian who lived following local social norms). There is going to be cultural differences but not at the core values. You don't need to explain to either a Swede, Greek, or Ukrainian that particular behaviors are not acceptable. It's already understood that it's unacceptable.

Also, not even some Christians adher to your concept. The average South Slavic or Albanian Christian has more cultural similarity to his Muslim neighbors and to Turks then with, say, Germans.
    That would be an example of Christian core values being in competition with different core values and losing. In an environment that is violent there is little room for values that aren't anti-social. The rest of Europe was a violent place as well but gradually with the state having a monopoly on violence and with the promotion of Christian values there was a decline in anti-social behavior.

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    An Ukrainian, Greek, and Swede share a common ground: the values and cultural reference points instilled in them from a Christian cultural background. Despite belonging to different Christian sects and different historical narratives all three can relate to each other based on the common core values. A Greek and Ukrainian living in Sweden will have an easier time than a Syrian (Muslim or Christian who lived following local social norms). There is going to be cultural differences but not at the core values. You don't need to explain to either a Swede, Greek, or Ukrainian that particular behaviors are not acceptable. It's already understood that it's unacceptable.

That would be an example of Christian core values being in competition with different core values and losing. In an environment that is violent there is little room for values that aren't anti-social. The rest of Europe was a violent place as well but gradually with the state having a monopoly on violence and with the promotion of Christian values there was a decline in anti-social behavior.
    Balkan Christians are free the last 150 years and nothing has changed yet. Most of them have a very similar mentality to Bosniaks, Muslim Albanians or Turks, they are patriarchal, conservative and very violent. In the last 150 years of freedom, they could've changed if they wanted to, nobody held a gun to their heads. Yet they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

Let see it this way. I have a relative who is Orthodox Christian but is of our tribe (distant relative).

He said: If any Christian tries anything against you I will chop his head off.

You see, he serves Christian values, but would rather kill you or any other European to protect me.

That's how we work on Balkans (in some cases we are killing ourselves, in other we are protecting ourselves ).

We don't like each other, but none of us love Germans.

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    Let see it this way. I have a relative who is Orthodox Christian but is of our tribe (distant relative).

You see, he serves Christian values, but would rather kill you or any other European to protect me.

That's how we work on Balkans (in some cases we are killing ourselves, in other we are protecting ourselves ).

that's a normal behavior for a family member. i don't see how's the religion or ethnicity even relevant here.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Refer to what I said about the Balkans in the post you quoted..

You belong to a tribe? Any references to tribes or clans is a cultural throwback. It means the group has been culturally stagnant (most likely because of isolation) and so it's stuck in a cultural time warp.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    that's a normal behavior for a family member. i don't see how's the religion or ethnicity even relevant here.
    Well we are all family members on Balkans, that's the point.

We aren't Turkish Muslims who conquered Balkan.

We all share the same last names (Croats, Serbs, Bosnians, Montenegrins)
    We all speak the same language etc..

As a Natives we decide what are "European Values"

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Point is, European Values are those Values certain group of Europeans are willing to protect.
    So if you have few million Europeans protecting certain values, you can't call them foreigners.

In my case, Even Christian who do see ma as Muslim would protect me cause he knew that I belong
    to his community, in that case (family).

But he would never protect Turks, Arab or somebody else under any circumstance, even if they were Christian themselves.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Point is, European Values are those Values certain group of Europeans are willing to protect.
    So if you have few million Europeans protecting certain values, you can't call them foreigners.

In my case, Even Christian who do see ma as Muslim would protect me cause he knew that I belong
    to his community, in that case (family).
    A Christian would be expected to keep you from harm. Obviously he shouldn't kill someone to do it if it can be avoided.

But he would never protect Turks, Arab or somebody else under any circumstance, even if they were Christian themselves.
    His personal bias keeps him from behaving as a Christian.

Anyway, you're missing the point. I'm speaking of core cultural values that are based on Christianity that is part of the foundation of European morality. The Balkans falls outside of the mainstream of European cultural norms because of historical reasons. The Balkans is a cultural throwback to how Europeans typically were in the past (I touched on this in one of my previous posts).

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

You belong to a tribe? Any references to tribes or clans is a cultural throwback. It means the group has been culturally stagnant (most likely because of isolation) and so it's stuck in a cultural time warp.
    Serbs, Montenegrins and Albanians are the last 3 nations in Europe who have tribes, I believe. I kinda envy them, because tribe system is pretty weak in Bosniaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A Christian would be expected to keep you from harm. Obviously he shouldn't kill someone to do it if it can be avoided.

His personal bias keeps him from behaving as a Christian.

Anyway, you're missing the point. I'm speaking of core cultural values that are based on Christianity that is part of the foundation of European morality. The Balkans falls outside of the mainstream of European cultural norms because of historical reasons. The Balkans is a cultural throwback to how Europeans typically were in the past (I touched on this in one of my previous posts).
    Cultural values on Balkans are Byzantine-Ottoman mixture.

You are wrong if you think that people here behave like British, Franks, Italians etc...

For that reason (and cultural difference) people here can't get along with EU member states.

For example: Serbs are extremely stubborn people, you can't force them to change their mind even if that would benefit them.

Spiegel once wrote: "If we ever accept Serbs in EU, we will have to argue with their issues from 12 century for days, weeks, years cause they always live in the past".

same goes for Bosnians, Montenegrins..

Montenegrins are still arguing about their royality with Serbs.

Who still fighting about royaltiy in Europe?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information