Thread: Jack and cobra anyone? Whiskey & vodka infused with tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes & toads

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic / Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Taxonomy
    West Baltid
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,590
    Given: 16,990

0 Not allowed!

Default Jack and cobra anyone? Whiskey & vodka infused with tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes & toads

Jack and cobra anyone? Whiskey & vodka infused with tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes & toads

Source: http://dangerousminds.net/comments/j...iant_centipede

Vodka infused with a giant venomous tropical centipede by ‘Thailand Unique.’

I cannot tell a lie—I had a hard time blogging about these insect and amphibian-infused bottles of booze made by Thailand Unique as just looking at them made my lunch churn rather restlessly in my stomach. Never mind the thought of actually imbibing a bottle of vodka that had been infused with a giant venomous tropical centipede. Yikes.

These bug and arachnid-enhanced speciality alcohols are the products of Thailand Unique (based in Udon Thani, Thailand) a company that caters to the the world’s “growing numbers of “entomophagists” otherwise known as humans who enjoy consuming insects. They carry a large variety of infused vodka and whiskey that has been enhanced with everything from bugs to cobras and even toads. Some of these creatures, it is claimed, have healing and medicinal properties. The centipede whiskey is used in parts of Southeast Asia as an aphrodisiac and according to Thailand Unique could also help ease muscular and back pain. (Do not mistake this post for medical advice, okay?)

If you’re not a drinker (or just gave up drinking after reading all this, like I almost did—close call) Thailand Unique also offers various foodstuffs made from a variety of creepy-crawlers such as edible canned tarantula, earthworm jerky, pasta made from silkworms (it’s also gluten free!) and the “acquired taste” of these “seasoned to taste,” “roasted and dehydrated “dung beetles” which are harvested in northeast Thailand during the monsoon season. If you’re not an aspiring etymologist, the dung beetle feeds on “nutrient rich” Water Buffalo poop. Gaaa!

If you’re interested in obtaining any of Thailand Unique’s products—they sure live up to their name, don’t they?—it will take anywhere from two-weeks to two months depending on the shipping option you choose. Many of the infused vodkas and whiskeys are currently sold out, mostly due to the fact that many of the things made by the company take several months to prepare for market. Their “Armor Tail Scorpion” vodka (which was triple distilled and steeped for months allowing the scorpion to infuse the liquid with a “unique woody taste”) is in stock and can be yours for about $17.46 via registered airmail to the U.S.

Tarantula infused vodka.

Longhorn beetle-infused vodka.

Bamboo worm-infused vodka.

Chinese scorpion-infused vodka.

Huntsman spider-infused vodka

Scorpion-infused vodka

Cobra and snake-infused whiskey

Thai spider-infused whiskey.

Mini cobra snake-infused whiskey

The horror that is Vietnamese toad-infused whiskey

Salted Zebra tarantula in a can.

Earthworm jerky.

BBQ flavour 4 Bug Kebab (diving beetles, phyllophaga rugosa beetles, silkworms and grasshopper).

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy