Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    IQ is not genetic and I will refuse to ever believe that you can fairly judge the IQ of a people who were/are deprived of their natural resources for hundreds of years, were held as sleeves and segregated into slums just very recently, and have faced ethnic cleansing. If black people got the same reparations Jews did, I'm pretty sure they'd see the same IQ. Jews were given the best reparations any marginalized group has ever recieved, and also due to the fact that the only jobs Jewish people in Europe were allowed to have related to accounting, and other fields which would benefit them for what IQ tests rest people on, that is why they have a high IQ.

I mean it's so ridiculous that people actually believe that inequality and societal conditions don't effect these tests scores at all. How could you say that a rich Ashkenazi Jew from Bethesda, Maryland who went to Walt Whitman High School (one of the best public high schools in America), lived in a millionaire suburb, and was raised by their parents to do play an instrument, do good in school and go onto an ivy league university, and not have to worry about money stopping them in any situation is fair to compare to a black American from Baltimore City who struggles financially and needs to pay for their family, goes to a very underperfoming public school that is underfunded, is around a place with a lot of drugs, and is prevented from their full potential because of financial issues, racism, and inequality? That's not a fair comparison AT ALL. That's like bragging about winning a race you got a head start in.

Also, white americans in 1945 had the same average iq black Americans have today. Does that mean white people were inferior and stupid in 1945?
    Iq is related to genetics, how can you explain the comparison of southern European askhenazi or Italian intelligence with the low Iq of Polish-Lithuanian and eastern German Canadians?

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,948
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    IQ is not genetic....
    It certainly is genetic to a great extent. But of course IQ can and will be influenced by ones upbringing, environment, education and such. But certain people are born with more innate abilities than others.

If IQ wasnt genetic, you should be able to teach a chimpanzee to become a university professor or something.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It certainly is genetic to a great extent. But of course IQ can and will be influenced by ones upbringing, environment, education and such. But certain people are born with more innate abilities than others.

If IQ wasnt genetic, you should be able to teach a chimpanzee to become a university professor or something.
    although I'm inclined to agree with the first part of your post, the chimpanzee part is bollocks. We're discussing intelligence of human races. I don't think anyone in the thread suggested all primates have equal intelligence. They're just arguing genetic intelligence is the same in whites, blacks, east asians etc and upbringing/environment makes the difference
    Last edited by Antimage; 06-11-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,948
    Given: 45,034

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimage View Post
    although I'm inclined to agree with the first part of your post, the chimpanzee part is bollocks. We're discussing intelligence of human races. I don't think anyone in the thread suggested all primates have equal intelligence. They're just arguing genetic intelligence is the same in whites, blacks, east asians etc and upbringing/environment makes the difference
    Its an exaggeration, I agree, but I want to point to the fact that there is no such thing as equality in nature. Im also not implying it is racial.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    06-14-2018 @ 11:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Huwhite
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    That's not a source, that's a tabloid blog. The map is the same, only difference is Croatia and Bosnia have numbers. Both are undoubtably based on Rindermann's numbers, the Croatia/Bosnia numbers are probably some blogger's addition.

While I agree with your general thesis, it's clear that you aren't quite unbiased yourself on this either, much like the rest of us, and do get some things wrong.

Rindermann always, and not just in his recent studies, used not just TIMSS as you wrote but all such international assessments available (including PISA). The map that was linked to is based on his 2007 'The g-factor of international cognitive ability comparisons' which does exactly that. His estimates didn't change dramatically in his more recent studies and they definitely give a more realistic picture, especially for countries like Ireland (just compare the actual student performance and Rindermann's estimate of ~100 to Lynn's estimates for it at ~93 or ~95 if student assessments are taken into account!).

Your insistence that a HUGE amount of non-natives is hidden under the 'migrant share' in your favorite countries, unlike the rest is just mistaken. The data for natives vs non-natives in Rindermann and Thompson's 'The cognitive competences of immigrant and native students across the world' (and I assume much of it comes from the precentages given in the PISA reports, I don't remember right now) covers the vast majority of the non-native population in all European countries since it's up to the second generation. Do you, for example, actually think that Germany is I dunno 60% ethnic German at this point and that the figure of a 19% non-native share underrates it that much? Actually even the specific examples you gave like Ireland, France etc. show that you *agree* that Rindermann and Thompson capture the vast majority of the non-native population.

And there are results outside the specific region of Eastern Europe you mentioned that I bet you won't be able to explain that easily. Compare Portugal PISA's performance over the years to Greece's - from basically the same to Portugal being one of the top performers in Europe. How do you explain that? Did increased emigration or something somehow cause Portuguese "IQ" to rise that dramatically in 15 years? Or are they somehow overperforming their supposed middling, according to you, IQ?

Also, as a minor point, despite your protestations you yourself showed that at least North Italy outperforms most of Northern Europe...

Banned
    Last Online
    10-18-2023 @ 09:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Vampir
    Ancestry
    Cain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2-M67
    mtDNA
    R0A2
    Taxonomy
    Irano-CM + Turanid or Mestizo + CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,331
    Given: 6,235

0 Not allowed!

Mongolia having such a high IQ is surprising

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,890
    Given: 26,299

0 Not allowed!

Italians have the highest brain size among all Caucasians in several studies. Still surpassed by Asians though.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic-Illyrian-Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Italics and Greeks (Greek-Roman roots)
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Apulia
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-mediterranid
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Jupiter and Zeus
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 88

0 Not allowed!

They made us do it in high school, 140, looking back on my past I really think about how much wasted potential, I'm very ashamed of myself for this, I was the little genius of the house, thinking about my abilities and my interests I could perhaps have become a historian, I didn't even get a diploma, I didn't even study but I kept informed, and I usually got 9/10 very easily, I would like to go back to school but I would have to balance it with work, and it is really very difficult considering my working hours, I remember that I also predicted the ethereum boom, but I didn't have enough money, so I told my parents and my brother to bet some money on it, they didn't listen to me, currently ethereum has exploded, it is the second crypto after bitcoin, We would have a lot more money if they had listened to me, the thing that makes me most angry is that laziness got the better of me, I'm truly an idiot, furthermore I have always had a sort of perpetual malaise with existence, as if everything were useless, which linked to a solitary character is very detrimental, I am still 25 years old, I hope I could reinvent myself, but I have to see where to start
    Last edited by Kenshiro; 10-30-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic-Illyrian-Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Italics and Greeks (Greek-Roman roots)
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Apulia
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-mediterranid
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Jupiter and Zeus
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 88

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    There are lots of gorgeous Irish women. Watch a few Facts videos and all the comments raving about the Irish women. Irish women are just under appreciated and other women are over hyped.

They even taste Lucky Charms in this.

I've always had a particular crush on girls with red hair and freckles, an ex of mine was redhead with freckles, but she was Northern Italian, not Irish

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information