Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,062
    Given: 6,146

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimage View Post

Ehnicity or race, same thing really. If a dna test is able to tell your ethnicity then that means that ethnicity is genetically identifiable thus making it biological, which means it's a race not just a socially constructed ethnicity

Can you provide sources for this? If there are white people (or any other race) stealing black resources, then I am against it. I believe resources on black/african lands should belong to the locals not foreigners.

The country's more educated and richer may have higher genetic intelligence than the country's avarage. That's how they became high class in their country in the first place
    Here are your sources
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...636.html%3Famp

https://www.brilliantearth.com/conflict-diamond-trade/

Also, it's not that the country's rich are genetically more intelligent, it's that they have better inherited wealth. Same thing goes with aframs vs american ashkenazis. I don't understand why your examples that always compare two people in obviously unequal situations justifies that it's genetic. In order to prove that it is genetic, you have to eliminate all other factors first. I have already showed you that African immigrants in America that have wealth are actually overrepresented at elite univeristies just like American Ashkenazi Jews are.

Lastly, ethnicity is real and nobody denied that. But subspecies/races don't exist among humans. We are once race.
    Learn some about Afghans here
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...of-Afghanistan

Indian Genomics can be modeled by four-way populations, not two way populations. Read more in this thread:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...tion-structure

Account Deleted
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 01:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic, Caucasian, and Slavic
    Ethnicity
    50% Banana
    Ancestry
    West Asian, South-Central Asian, and Northeastern European
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G2b1a
    mtDNA
    V
    Taxonomy
    Clark Kent with browner hair and a more Iranian nose
    Politics
    Progressive, but not the stupid kind
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    This is exactly what I wanted to say. African immigrants are doing better than Aframs, because they are certainly not your average Africans. Just like MyAnthro is not an average Afghan that can't read and write and grows poppy to make a living.
    What? Most Afghans go to school and learn how to read and write, and they do not grow drugs for a living. How do you expect your debates to be taken seriously in an academic fashion if you buy into stereotypes more than actual facts?

It doesn't matter if African immigrants are or aren't your average africans, given their economic and environmental conditions (i.e. not having to struggle to feed themselves), and the fact that they are Renfrew at a much more even playing field compared to other races because of those factors, that makes them more useful feed comparison. You need to learn to understand what is good data and what isn't. The IQ data isnt. When you perform a science expirement, and you are trying to figure out which of two plants grown faster, do you think it's more reliable to test them under the same conditions to recieve a valid answers or have one be properly watered while leaving the other malurished? Obviously both plants have to be in the same conditions and given the same treatments, otherwise the results won't be reliable (unless you're using one as a control group). Same thing with iq. You can't argue that it's genetic because there are clearly other factors such as inequality and starvation that are in the way. And it is clear that when these factors don't exist (in the case of African immigrants), they perform very very well.

Indian Genomics can be modeled by four-way populations, not two way populations. Read more in this thread:

Last Online
    05-12-2020 @ 02:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic, Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Mostly Italian (Neapolitan) and a little touch of Greek and Balkan.
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Marche
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 489
    Given: 398

1 Not allowed!

Let me guess, you'll score Balochi+Pashtun mostly.

Account Deleted
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 01:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic, Caucasian, and Slavic
    Ethnicity
    50% Banana
    Ancestry
    West Asian, South-Central Asian, and Northeastern European
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G2b1a
    mtDNA
    V
    Taxonomy
    Clark Kent with browner hair and a more Iranian nose
    Politics
    Progressive, but not the stupid kind
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Governor View Post
    Let me guess, you'll score Balochi+Pashtun mostly.
    Pashtun isn't a category on ancestry dna, but Balochi is actually a category on some GEDmatch calculators, and I imagine I would score some of it.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,103

0 Not allowed!

You'll definitely get tajik_pamiri in your results though

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,590
    Given: 8,908

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    What? Most Afghans go to school and learn how to read and write, and they do not grow drugs for a living. How do you expect your debates to be taken seriously in an academic fashion if you buy into stereotypes more than actual facts?
    Afghanistan has a very low literacy rate. And it is the largest producer of opium. Both are facts.
    Lastly, ethnicity is real and nobody denied that. But subspecies/races don't exist among humans. We are once race.
    I don't wanna argue with you any longer. Not interesting to me. I value sites like this because the number of libtards and race denialists is significantly smaller, while many members are race realists and sick of political correctness.
    I'll be glad to see your results, because I'm interested in groups such as Pashtuns and Pamiris, but that's all.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimage View Post
    Ehnicity or race, same thing really. If a dna test is able to tell your ethnicity then that means that ethnicity is genetically identifiable thus making it biological, which means it's a race not just a socially constructed ethnicity
    If a Jamaican whose family has been in the Americas for several hundreds of years is still AFRICAN genetically and not American, then race is real at least to an extent. By the same token, a third generation white Australian is still European racially and has not magically turned into an Aboriginal. DNA tests use racial categories - European (white), African (black), Asian, etc. Not just ethnic categories.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

1 Not allowed!

If a Jamaican whose family has been in the Americas for several hundreds of years is still AFRICAN genetically and not American, then race is real at least to an extent. By the same token, a third generation white Australian is still European racially and has not magically turned into an Aboriginal. DNA tests use racial categories - European (white), African (black), Asian, etc. Not just ethnic categories.
    Race is just a broader genetic classification than ethnicity. Both are somewhat fluid, in that definitions vary, but both are based on real differences.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Race is just a broader genetic classification than ethnicity. Both are somewhat fluid, in that definitions vary, but both are based on real differences.
    I can agree. However, ethnicity is heavily related to culture and things like language, religion, etc. A person of Polish descent that speaks Hindi as a first language and follows Hinduism is not really Polish anymore, in my opinion. Just like an Indian that speaks Polish natively and practices Roman Catholicism would be quite foreign in India. However, their racial background remains the same, whatever the culture.
    I'm not a biology scientist, but I can literally smell cultural Marxism in that race discourse ('there's no such thing as race'), because the very same individual who repeat 'there is no such thing' would then claim 'people of color' are permanently oppressed. It's no wonder such topic as race is highly politicized these days.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

1 Not allowed!

I can agree. However, ethnicity is heavily related to culture and things like language, religion, etc. A person of Polish descent that speaks Hindi as a first language and follows Hinduism is not really Polish anymore, in my opinion. Just like an Indian that speaks Polish natively and practices Roman Catholicism would be quite foreign in India. However, their racial background remains the same, whatever the culture.
    I'm not a biology scientist, but I can literally smell cultural Marxism in that race discourse ('there's no such thing as race'), because the very same individual who repeat 'there is no such thing' would then claim 'people of color' are permanently oppressed. It's no wonder such topic as race is highly politicized these days.
    Agreed. I should have specified genetic ethnicity. There is enough difference genetically between a Portuguese and a Russian that the two can be told apart by their DNA. Likewise, an African and an Asian can be.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information