Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Czech government report: Half of Romani minority are middle class roughly other half live in exclusi

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,163
    Given: 58,938

0 Not allowed!

Default Czech government report: Half of Romani minority are middle class roughly other half live in exclusi

Half of the Roma in the Czech Republic live in social exclusion. According to the qualified estimates of the coordinators for Romani minority affairs that is almost 123 000 people.

According to the document, half of the Romani minority are members of the intelligentsia and the middle class. Many of those Romani people, however, still grapple with discirmination on the basis of their origin, even when they are educated, successful in their work, have sufficient incomes and are financially solvent, the authors of the document point out.

Public opinion polls demonstrate that the attitude taken toward Romani people in the Czech Republic is unchanging. For years they have been the least-liked minority.

http://www.romea.cz/en/news/czech/cz...cial-exclusion

Im actually content with the result eventhough it would be 5% of germans who are on social exclusion for comparison or 1% and its alot of romani, but still the stereotype is that 100% of romani are criminal, homeless, beggars etc. now it says roughly half of them are middle class.

Source: http://www.romea.cz/en/news/czech/cz...cial-exclusion
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"
    "To abuse and insult, is inconsistent with reason and justice"
    - The Prophet of Indian Nationalism Raja Ram Mohan Roy

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2018 @ 08:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 2,395

1 Not allowed!

Would you be willing to work at an Indian owned hotel or restaurant here in the USA? If you were selected for a diversity visa program that is.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross.Beaumont View Post
    Would you be willing to work at an Indian owned hotel or restaurant here in the USA? If you were selected for a diversity visa program that is.
    yes i would be willing
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"

Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 11:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    :....:
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,663
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

I have told you many times that Gypsies are not a traditional Czech minority. They came after WWII and in the 90's from Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and yes they are rejected by the majority society. I doubt they will ever be taken as one of us. I've also said that if there is racism in CzR it is against Gypsies. But it is not open, Cz people just don't take them as equal to themselves and they don't want to have nothing in common with them. On the other hand there are plenty of social programs for the Gypsy community - the aims are e.g. motivate them to study (it is normal that Gypsies don't send their children into schools; small children can't even speak Czech - so they tend to be isolated into special schools, etc. etc.). To be honest I don't think that the social situation of gypsies is so bad here. They usually have a lot of children so they they receive state benefits. One major of a town had to resign from office because he published the amount of social benefits for a Gypsy family. It was 92 000 CZK in 2011 (it is about 3 502,09 EUR); the average salary was 26 067 Kč (992,27 EUR).

Btw. I am always quite surprised when seeing articles written by Westerns about those bad Czechs who oppress Gypsies. We are hardly criticized because of our attitude towards Gypsies; but what countries like Slovakia, Romania... there are not places like this one in CzR -

"Czech" gypsies don't look this way:

Typical "czech" gypsies:

But well it is time to admit that there is no CZ public will to be in a contact with Gypsies and as a society we don't know how to solve their situation - probably Western countries should stop only criticizing and they should evacuate them into Western countries or Gypsies can go home to Slovakia, Hungary, Romania... it sounds like a great solution, isn't it.
    Last edited by Magnolia; 06-08-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    I have told you many times that Gypsies are not a traditional Czech minority. They came after WWII and in the 90's from Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and yes they are rejected by the majority society. I doubt they will ever be taken as one of us. I've also said that if there is racism in CzR it is against Gypsies. But it is not open, Cz people just don't take them as equal to themselves and they don't want to have nothing in common with them. On the other hand there are plenty of social programs for the Gypsy community - the aims are e.g. motivate them to study (it is normal that Gypsies don't send their children into schools; small children can't even speak Czech - so they tend to be isolated into special schools, etc. etc.). To be honest I don't think that the social situation of gypsies is so bad here. They usually have a lot of children so they they receive state benefits. One major of a town had to resign from office because he published the amount of social benefits for a Gypsy family. It was 92 000 CZK in 2011 (it is about 3 502,09 EUR); the average salary was 26 067 Kč (992,27 EUR).

Btw. I am always quite surprised when seeing articles written by Westerns about those bad Czechs who oppress Gypsies. We are hardly criticized because of our attitude towards Gypsies; but what countries like Slovakia, Romania... there are not places like this one in CzR -

"Czech" gypsies don't look this way:

Typical "czech" gypsies:

But well it is time to admit that there is no CZ public will to be in a contact with Gypsies and as a society we don't know how to solve their situation - probably Western countries should stop only criticizing and they should evacuate them into Western countries or Gypsies can go home to Slovakia, Hungary, Romania... it sounds like a great solution, isn't it.
    its not from "westerners" its a roma outlet and it is a czech government report. you say gypsies should go that or there, but the others would probably say the same, and so roma get pushed around. if they came after WW2 that was 80 years ago. turks and arabs are less long in germany and france and they are seen as frech or german.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    its not from "westerners" its a roma outlet and it is a czech government report. you say gypsies should go that or there, but the others would probably say the same, and so roma get pushed around. if they came after WW2 that was 80 years ago. turks and arabs are less long in germany and france and they are seen as frech or german.
    I didn't say it was from written by Westernes. I know "czech" gypsies are active on internet - probably only Gypsies who are active this way on internet. I said that we are often criticized by Westerners. I don't know if Turks are seen as Germans in Germany - I doubt about it. But Gypsies in CzR are not seen as Czechs and probably never will be. The situation is like that I am honest about it.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I didn't say it was from written by Westernes. I know "czech" gypsies are active on internet - probably only Gypsies who are active this way on internet. I said that we are often criticized by Westerners. I don't know if Turks are seen as Germans in Germany - I doubt about it. But Gypsies in CzR are not seen as Czechs and probably never will be. The situation is like that I am honest about it.
    in germany they are not seen by everyone as german or true german, but the ones who are born there or even their parents and grandparents are seen by majority as "german turks" deutsch türken, and no one says they all should be deported.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 07:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,378
    Given: 31,164

1 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    in germany they are not seen by everyone as german or true german, but the ones who are born there or even their parents and grandparents are seen by majority as "german turks" deutsch türken, and no one says they all should be deported.
    France's Expulsion of Roma Migrants
    http://www.migrationpolicy.org/artic...st-case-europe

Facts concerning the expulsion of Gypsies from France, Italy and the United Kingdom
    http://issueswithoutborders.com/archives/39

Planned Expulsion of Roma from Belgium
    http://www.errc.org/article/planned-...om-belgium/223

Sixteenth anniversary of the attack on Yugoslavia: Expulsion of Roma from Kosovo
    http://global-politics.eu/2017/01/26...n-roma-kosovo/

Politicians Say Deportations Will Remain Exception
    Around 12,000 refugees of Roma descent are threatened with deportation from Germany.
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-718708.html

Under a deal signed in April, 14,000 refugees are to be returned to Kosovo – 10,000 of whom are Roma.
    “Now, 10 years on, Germany is trying to deport the Roma living here. Most don't want to go; 4,000 have already been deported,” says Hamze Bytyci of Amaro Drom. According to Unicef, half of the Roma to be deported are children, most of whom were born and raised in Germany.
    https://www.thelocal.de/20101014/30499

etc. etc.

I am pretty sure that you know that this attitude towards Roma people is nothing new:
    n 1449, they were expelled from Frankfurt, and in other places the Roma were even bribed into exile.

From 1497 through 1774, the Holy Roman Empire issued approximately 146 proclamations against the Roma, mostly pertaining to removal from German lands. The Roma were forbidden to work the land, and even at times not permitted within the boundaries of the Empire, because they were considered spies of the Turks and enemies of Christianity. The law also allowed Imperial subjects to harm or even kill Roma with no legal repercussions.

These restrictive ordinances, deportations, and threats proceeded throughout the subsequent centuries.
    In 2008 a Roma camp in Naples was burned to the ground, and also a public survey revealed that 68% of Italians would like the Roma expelled from Italy.
    http://combatgenocide.org/?page_id=81

Yes, we can ask why it is like that. But please stop pretending that only Czechs keep distance from the Gypsy community.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, we can ask why it is like that. But please stop pretending that only Czechs keep distance from the Gypsy community.
    I never said that. You read that out yourself, I didnt said anything against czechs.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information