Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

1 Not allowed!

No such thing as depressed, it's just the human condition. You motherfuckerz all need Buddhism.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,400
    Given: 12,599

1 Not allowed!

I don't get depressed. I get upset but then it goes away. Funny thing is I get upset about stupid shit. I'm upset Chiesa lost to Lee tonight. I didn't have any money on it but I wanted Chiesa to win. Both have lots of holes in their game. They're both one dimensional. So it was basically a coin flip and not worth the risk but Chiesa always starts his matches badly and sneaks out a win but you can only do that for so long before you get caught.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-11-2023 @ 03:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    waka waka
    Country
    Hong-Kong
    Y-DNA
    R-L151
    Taxonomy
    Like Mowgli, but Romanian
    Hero
    the girl reading this 😍😍
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,188
    Given: 3,105

1 Not allowed!

YES I AM
    I NEED SEX I GUESS

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    I don't get depressed. I get upset but then it goes away. Funny thing is I get upset about stupid shit. I'm upset Chiesa lost to Lee tonight. I didn't have any money on it but I wanted Chiesa to win. Both have lots of holes in their game. They're both one dimensional. So it was basically a coin flip and not worth the risk but Chiesa always starts his matches badly and sneaks out a win but you can only do that for so long before you get caught.

Account Deleted
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 01:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic, Caucasian, and Slavic
    Ethnicity
    50% Banana
    Ancestry
    West Asian, South-Central Asian, and Northeastern European
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G2b1a
    mtDNA
    V
    Taxonomy
    Clark Kent with browner hair and a more Iranian nose
    Politics
    Progressive, but not the stupid kind
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,061
    Given: 6,146

2 Not allowed!

My depression worsens during the summer. I'm stuck in the house with a bunch of negative people who doubt my success and point to my struggles in the past. I feel like I have nobody to talk to about my feelings in my personal life because I don't want to make anyone else sad because im sad, even though I believe talking to someone is important. So im gonna vent about this here because I have nowhere else to (sorry). It's a battle because it's hard to find someone who's patient enough to listen to my problems and take them seriously anymore. Shrinks don't do much for me, meds just raise my heart rate, the only thing that helps is my religion. When I pray, my depression eases, but I know I need more than that. Ive always been there for a lot of people when they were depressed and needed someone, but in my situation, my life sucks tbh (during summer). I have a typical controlling Middle Eastern father (who isn't even religious btw), but a pretty soft and kind hearted mother (but who still misunderstands me a lot). My dad never let's me have fun, and he never helped raise me to become a man. I was raised by my mother 96% of the time. My father, despite being PhD educated, acts so ignorant towards me and tries to control the family too much. My oldest sister lives in an apartment with her boyfriend (who is a white christian) because she can't stand my dad. My parents don't know about him and it stresses him out. My dad calls my other sister a skank because she dresses in shorts and shit (that arent even too short). He belittles me for having aspergers, needing to take meds, trying to commit suicide in my dorm a year ago and having to go to the hospital for a week, being half hard of hearing (he is afraid of how people will perceive him when they see he has a son with a hearing aid), and for not being "man" enough (which is totally his fault for being completely absent in raising me. I had no male figure in my life at all and I had to teach everything myself). I have to push myself through my honors classes at uni with everyone around me saying negative crap about me. If it weren't for my friends and my religion, I don't think I'd be here right now. Those things provide lots of comfort to me that nobody realizes and I truly love them. I cannot wait until I graduate from uni next year and move somewhere else in the states. I can't stand being in this annoying house over the summer. I really truly wish nobody ever goes through what I went through. Having an absent and verbally abusive father causes a lot of harm in a son's life, especially if the kid has nowhere to go for help.
    Learn some about Afghans here
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...of-Afghanistan

Indian Genomics can be modeled by four-way populations, not two way populations. Read more in this thread:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...tion-structure

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    My depression worsens during the summer. I'm stuck in the house with a bunch of negative people who doubt my success and point to my struggles in the past. I feel like I have nobody to talk to about my feelings in my personal life because I don't want to make anyone else sad because im sad, even though I believe talking to someone is important. So im gonna vent about this here because I have nowhere else to (sorry). It's a battle because it's hard to find someone who's patient enough to listen to my problems and take them seriously anymore. Shrinks don't do much for me, meds just raise my heart rate, the only thing that helps is my religion. When I pray, my depression eases, but I know I need more than that. Ive always been there for a lot of people when they were depressed and needed someone, but in my situation, my life sucks tbh (during summer). I have a typical controlling Middle Eastern father (who isn't even religious btw), but a pretty soft and kind hearted mother (but who still misunderstands me a lot). My dad never let's me have fun, and he never helped raise me to become a man. I was raised by my mother 96% of the time. My father, despite being PhD educated, acts so ignorant towards me and tries to control the family too much. My oldest sister lives in an apartment with her boyfriend (who is a white christian) because she can't stand my dad. My parents don't know about him and it stresses him out. My dad calls my other sister a skank because she dresses in shorts and shit (that arent even too short). He belittles me for having aspergers, needing to take meds, trying to commit suicide in my dorm a year ago and having to go to the hospital for a week, being half hard of hearing (he is afraid of how people will perceive him when they see he has a son with a hearing aid), and for not being "man" enough (which is totally his fault for being completely absent in raising me. I had no male figure in my life at all and I had to teach everything myself). I have to push myself through my honors classes at uni with everyone around me saying negative crap about me. If it weren't for my friends and my religion, I don't think I'd be here right now. Those things provide lots of comfort to me that nobody realizes and I truly love them. I cannot wait until I graduate from uni next year and move somewhere else in the states. I can't stand being in this annoying house over the summer. I really truly wish nobody ever goes through what I went through. Having an absent and verbally abusive father causes a lot of harm in a son's life, especially if the kid has nowhere to go for help.
    You should challenge your dad to a fist fight in the backyard and when you win he can't talk down to you anymore cuz you can remind him you kicked his ass. I remember a story of how Jimmy the Greek got slapped by his dad for gambling. One day he got a tip on a horse (horse was probably juiced). He borrowed from anyone who would lend him the money and put it all on the horse. His dad found out and instead of reprimanding him the father asked for money to buy a new refrigerator for business he owned. From that day on he always called his father by his first name.

Seriously, what can he say to you after you've soccer kicked him in the head?

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    This is all just so complex, I wont break it down, or try to simplify what must be a horribly nuanced problem for you, but just know that while it may or may not get better, I think you are a decent person, and I'm sure a lot of other people, particularly those you actually know, like you too.

I think getting away from him after college is 100% the right thing to do, and only with physical separation can you truly learn to deal with someone like him.

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    You should challenge your dad to a fist fight in the backyard and when you win he can't talk down to you anymore cuz you can remind him you kicked his ass. I remember a story of how Jimmy the Greek got slapped by his dad for gambling. One day he got a tip on a horse (horse was probably juiced). He borrowed from anyone who would lend him the money and put it all on the horse. His dad found out and instead of reprimanding him the father asked for money to buy a new refrigerator for business he owned. From that day on he always called his father by his first name.

Seriously, what can he say to you after you've soccer kicked him in the head?
    Nothing good will come of beating up a narcissistic (yes, I am going to swear) asshole like his father. His dad will only try to one up him for having his ego bruised. With people like his father, you have to be firm with them when they cross your boundries too far, but also willing to stroke their ego a bit. He is also probably thr type of person who would likr some banter (which is what his dad probably thinks his terrible words and actions are) back.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, West Africa, The Caribbean
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 1,414

1 Not allowed!

im readon some pretty fucked up shit

in addition to my previous post

what is the opposite of depression? it's "expression"

from what i understand, everytime i leave my room or go out, do something crazy or workout idk something that will force and put me in the present moment always makes me forget what im depressed about

so if u need to cry, cry if u need to destroy, destroy then, if u need to explode, explode

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic / Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Taxonomy
    West Baltid
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,590
    Given: 16,990

3 Not allowed!

Let me moan some too!

So, here I am stuck in my house after being in hospital all month. My legs aren't working. I can shuffle to the bathroom and back, to the kitchen and back. I took a short walk down the driveway but it was too much for me. I became light-headed and had to sit down. I do my physiotherapy exercises in bed. I am truly exhausted after doing 10 leg-lifts. I need to be supervised in the bath in case my blood pressure drops to the point where I pass out and drown. I feel like a little child which needs to be watched all the time. My husband says having me around is like having a little child - when you hear nothing you can be sure all hell is breaking loose. As long as he hears me huffing and puffing he knows I'm alive, but if there are a few moments of silence he goes into paranoia mode because I'm probably up to something.

I don't know when I will be able to return to work again. I haven't worked in a month, which means I've had no income for a month. This is the tough part. I'm not sick enough to be in hospital, but I'm not well enough to be at work. Unfortunately I will have to wait this out and there is no telling how long it will take until I have recovered, nobody knows to what extent recovery will take place, and what strange symptoms will remain permanent.

At the moment I am stuck in limbo.

Mentally I'm there for it, but the body just isn't as cooperative as I would like it to be. Patience.......

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information