Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 2

6 Not allowed!

Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! I'm a 19 years old Italian guy who's currently studying Law at University. My parents are Italian and my grandparents are Italian as well, but we share some physical traits with other ethnicities so I'd be interested in knowing my ancient origins. I love foreign music and literature, so these could be good topics to talk about.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,944
    Given: 45,034

1 Not allowed!

Welcome to the forum!
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    09-11-2018 @ 03:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thank you! Which section do you suggest me to start with?

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,558
    Given: 27,896

1 Not allowed!

Ciao e benvenuto!

Italy is a very beautiful and friendly country that intrigues me so much, (my mother loves re-visiting Italy (and she's visited St Petersburg and Moscow, lots of European nations, Mexico, Africa, and also loves Ireland a lot,)) .... but Italy is one of her favourite nations that she absolutely loves. She recently went on a holiday there only a few weeks ago to see interesting sites around Sorrento, Amalfi, and also visited the island of Capri.

She said to me on the phone that it was so beautiful in that region of Italy and that the people were lovely and charming. She sent me a beautiful postcard from the region and said there was lots of expensive villas there and she said the Italian cuisine was excellent and the people were so friendly and welcoming, and that the ancient Romans were very sophisticated and advanced for their time. She loves learning about ancient cultures of people and likes the Italian museums and ancient architecture.

She saw an ancient pipeline in Italy during her guided tour there that was brought to the region all the way from Cornwall. We're both puzzled how it arrived all the way from Cornwall to Italy.

What books do you enjoy reading, and what genres of music do you like? Do you play any musical instruments?

One of my favourite gothic metal music bands is Lacuna Coil - they're from Milano in Italia!
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-13-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Where specifically is your ancestry from?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Ciao e benvenuto!

Italy is a very beautiful and friendly country that intrigues me so much, (my mother loves re-visiting Italy (and she's visited St Petersburg and Moscow, lots of European nations, Mexico, Africa, and also loves Ireland a lot,)) .... but Italy is one of her favourite nations that she loves. She recently went on a holiday there only a few weeks ago to see interesting sites around Sorrento, Amalfi, and also visited the island of Capri.

She said to me on the phone that it was so beautiful in that region of Italy and that the people were lovely and charming. She sent me a beautiful postcard from the region and said there was lots of expensive villas there and she said the Italian cuisine was excellent and the people were so friendly and welcoming, and that the ancient Romans were very sophisticated and advanced for their time. She loves learning about ancient cultures of people and likes the Italian museums and ancient architecture.

She saw an ancient pipeline in Italy during her guided tour there that was brought to the region all the way from Cornwall. We're both puzzled how it arrived all the way from Cornwall to Italy.

What books do you enjoy reading, and what genres of music do you like? Do you play any musical instruments?

One of my favourite gothic metal music bands is Lacuna Coil - they're from Milano in Italia!
    It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm happy your mother had a good time in Italy, and I know those cities very well because I have some relatives who live there (even though I live in Rome).
    I play the guitar and sing and I like several genres of music, I just can define my tastes in music because my range goes from alternative rock to soul and r&b. However, what I like to sing the most is brit pop or pop/rock. Regarding literature, I love Shakespeare, (your countryman, from what I see) Hugo, Melville, Hesse, Tolstoj and Dostoevskij, and many Italian writers and poets like D'annunzio, Gadda, Leopardi, and obviously Dante and Alessandro Manzoni.
    Which part of England are you from?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Where specifically is your ancestry from?
    I don't know with precision but we're southern Italians (from Campany, especially the area around Salerno), my mother is quite dark skinned and has got a very exotic look, while my father is tall, light skinned and with light hair.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neman View Post
    I don't know with precision but we're southern Italians (from Campany, especially the area around Salerno), my mother is quite dark skinned and has got a very exotic look, while my father is tall, light skinned and with light hair.
    Exotic in what way? Near Eastern?

Southern Italy in general received Bronze Age migration from the Levant, though this is stronger in Calabria and Sicily than in Campania. Still, southern Campania where your family is from is close to Calabria so it makes sense.

There is also Lombard, Italo-Celtic, and Greek/Balkan input in Campania so that might explain your father.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Exotic in what way? Near Eastern?
    Near Eastern, but some say even Indian

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neman View Post
    Near Eastern, but some say even Indian
    If the look is more like Armenian and Iranian, then you could attribute it to Greek or Balkan. If it is more of a Jewish or Levantine Arab look then it is probably older and related to Bronze Age migration from the Levant or North Africa.

I'd have to see her photo to judge. You can upload to Imgur (http://imgur.com) and then send the Url of the uploaded photo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information