PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Yes, The Greeks Invented Cheesecake Too - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, The Greeks Invented Cheesecake Too

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 998
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Before Greek influences China was a barbaric and brutal civilisation where concubines would be buried alive alongside the emperor. Only gradually China became civilised and adopted Greek proto-humanistic ideals, albeit Sinotised like legalism and meritocracy. China also would relapse to full-on brutality, like it was during the Ming Dynasty in the Middle Ages. All civilisation originated in Greece.
    You have an interesting sense of humour...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adsız View Post
    You have an interesting sense of humour...
    If current inhabitants of Anatolia embraced their Hellenistic past some more, things would be better in terms of human rights and stability.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-20-2017 @ 04:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 812
    Given: 1,341

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenas View Post
    I have partly ancestry from Asia Minor like 40% of Greeks.
    40%%%%???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

In Epiros and the rest of mainland Greece this must be one Minor Asian village every 20 vlah-sarakacan/local villages or less. So this is about less than 5%. God help us with those ultra arbitrary "statistics"....

Even if we account the "partly" word in there, this cannot reach 40% by any means.

Southern Hellenic Supremacy Hellenas's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Olympian, Pelasgian, Minoan, Achaean, Dorian and Eastern Roman
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    South Hellas, Aegean Hellas and Hellenic Ionia
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Aegean-Mainland Helleno-Mediterranean, South-East European Mediterranid
    Politics
    Aristotelian Polity & Hellenic Nationalism
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Hermeticism of Hermes Trismegistus and Jesus Christ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,547
    Given: 842

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by epirot View Post
    40%%%%???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

In Epiros and the rest of mainland Greece this must be one Minor Asian village every 20 vlah-sarakacan/local villages or less. So this is about less than 5%. God help us with those ultra arbitrary "statistics"....

Even if we account the "partly" word in there, this cannot reach 40% by any means.

Why I have to post to ignorants same things for one thousand times?

Population strength

Today, about 40% of the population of Greece claims full or partial descent from the Asia Minor refugees; as does an almost equal percentage of diasporan Greeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_...ation_strength

Impact on the Greek psyche

The descendants of the refugees have found hundreds of organizations and institutes in Greece and in the diaspora to promote their civilization and to keep in touch with their roots. Various museums in Greece (such as the Benaki Museum) display artifacts from Asia Minor, Pontus, Cappadocia and Eastern Thrace to denote the Greek presence and emphasize the origins of about 40% of the population of modern Greece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_...e_Greek_psyche

More than a half of the population of Greek Macedonia has Asia Minor ancestry, in many cases from Pontus.

The core of the refugee population settled in Attica and Macedonia. The official refugee population per region in 1928 was as follows (number of refugees and percent of the refugee population):[9]

Greeks of Macedonia

1913 513,000(before settlement)

1926 Greeks 1,341,000(after settlement)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_..._of_settlement

In 1923 Greece and Turkey signed the Treaty of Lausanne in the aftermath of the Greco-Turkish War (1919–1922), and in total 776,000 Greek refugees from Turkey were resettled in the region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedo...)#Demographics

If you take in mind that 1.5 Anatolian Greeks almost assimilated by 5.5 Mainland Greeks, nothing more logical to have as a result 40% of modern Greek population to have partly Anatolian Greek ancestry.

1920 Population of Greece 5,531,474

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr..._modern_Greece

It is usually estimated that the refugees in Greece numbered approximately 1.5 million people.

1928 Population of Greece 6,204,684(Following loss of the Smyrna Zone and Eastern Thrace after the Treaty of Lausanne, and the population exchange between Greece and Turkey)

Since you interested about Epiros, the places of settlement are:

Pontians

Nea Kerasous, Preveza (Kerasous)
    Nea Sampsous, Preveza (Sampsous)
    Nea Sinopi, Preveza (Sinopi)

Asia Minor Greeks

Anatoli, Ioannina (Asia Minor)

Find rest of settlements here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_refugees#List_of_settlements

Just count the Greeks here with partly Anatolian Greek ancestry: Raine, catgeorge, Freerostah, Faklon, Me and I also think Scholarios Chiotis. Even Sikeliot has a Greek ancestor from Asia Minor.
    Last edited by Hellenas; 06-24-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

The Greeks from Anatolia (East Greece) were quality industrialists and managers. There are differences - accepted vast majority of their customs , the bouzouki which I don't listen much of
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Before Greek influences China was a barbaric and brutal civilisation where concubines would be buried alive alongside the emperor. Only gradually China became civilised and adopted Greek proto-humanistic ideals, albeit Sinotised like legalism and meritocracy. China also would relapse to full-on brutality, like it was during the Ming Dynasty in the Middle Ages. All civilisation originated in Greece.
    δεν είναι τόσο χαριτωμένο όταν ανθέλληνες ψευτο-ελληνόφωνες αλβανοί μιλούν στα αγγλικά για πράγματα για τα οποία δεν έχουν ιδέα......

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenas View Post
    Why I have to post to ignorants same things for one thousand times?

Population strength

Today, about 40% of the population of Greece claims full or partial descent from the Asia Minor refugees; as does an almost equal percentage of diasporan Greeks.

Impact on the Greek psyche

The descendants of the refugees have found hundreds of organizations and institutes in Greece and in the diaspora to promote their civilization and to keep in touch with their roots. Various museums in Greece (such as the Benaki Museum) display artifacts from Asia Minor, Pontus, Cappadocia and Eastern Thrace to denote the Greek presence and emphasize the origins of about 40% of the population of modern Greece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_...e_Greek_psyche

More than a half of the population of Greek Macedonia has Asia Minor ancestry, in many cases from Pontus.

The core of the refugee population settled in Attica and Macedonia. The official refugee population per region in 1928 was as follows (number of refugees and percent of the refugee population):[9]

Greeks of Macedonia

1913 513,000(before settlement)

1926 Greeks 1,341,000(after settlement)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_..._of_settlement

In 1923 Greece and Turkey signed the Treaty of Lausanne in the aftermath of the Greco-Turkish War (1919–1922), and in total 776,000 Greek refugees from Turkey were resettled in the region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedo...)#Demographics

If you take in mind that 1.5 Anatolian Greeks almost assimilated by 5.5 Mainland Greeks, nothing more logical to have as a result 40% of modern Greek population to have partly Anatolian Greek ancestry.

1920 Population of Greece 5,531,474

It is usually estimated that the refugees in Greece numbered approximately 1.5 million people.

1928 Population of Greece 6,204,684(Following loss of the Smyrna Zone and Eastern Thrace after the Treaty of Lausanne, and the population exchange between Greece and Turkey)

Since you interested about Epiros, the places of settlement are:

Pontians

Nea Kerasous, Preveza (Kerasous)
    Nea Sampsous, Preveza (Sampsous)
    Nea Sinopi, Preveza (Sinopi)

Asia Minor Greeks

Anatoli, Ioannina (Asia Minor)

Find rest of settlements here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_...of_settlements

Just count the Greeks here with partly Anatolian Greek ancestry: Raine, catgeorge, Freerostah, Faklon, Me and I also think Scholarios Chiotis. Even Sikeliot has a Greek ancestor from Asia Minor.

You crazy albanian, anatoli, neo-kesaria are two villages among 400.... The same holds true for most mainland Greece (Ipiros-Thesalia-Roumeli-Morias). Makedonia differs for the obvious reasons (The british wanted to wipe out the Slavic speakers by any means).

You poor Albanian even if your british numbers are any true (I highly doubt) :
    6204684 (locals + pontians + asia minor) - 5531474 (locals) = 673210
    673210 / 6204684 = .10850028784705232369 = 10.8 %

And at least in the poor inadequate Vlach schools I went in Ipiros, not on par with your ancient education you got in your albanian village in Attica, ..... usually 10.8% << 40%

So this 40% in absolute numbers is 10% or less. 40% might refer to people who have even remote a slight relation to Asia Minor but that would apply only for freaking Athens. I doubt the 40% number (EVEN WITH THIS SECOND LOOSER DEFINITION), OVER ALL GREEK POPULATION would survive a basic sanity statistics test.

Now I want to add this :
    Ppl from Asia Minor are fine ppl. No complaints. *BUT* Sad true is that it took the local albanians MANY DECADES to accept the new comers from Asia Minor, and at the same time the refugees felt that they arrived in a utterly uncivilized place. There are many PERSONAL accounts for this. BELIEVE ME YOU WOULDN"T WANT ME TO ELABORATE FURTHER ...

Dear friend you are an albanian..... pure albanian...... twisting numbers to suit your pseudo-greek agenda is what you do best.
    Last edited by epirot; 06-24-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Southern Hellenic Supremacy Hellenas's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Olympian, Pelasgian, Minoan, Achaean, Dorian and Eastern Roman
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    South Hellas, Aegean Hellas and Hellenic Ionia
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Aegean-Mainland Helleno-Mediterranean, South-East European Mediterranid
    Politics
    Aristotelian Polity & Hellenic Nationalism
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Hermeticism of Hermes Trismegistus and Jesus Christ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,547
    Given: 842

3 Not allowed!

You crazy albanian, anatoli, neo-kesaria are two villages among 400.... The same holds true for most mainland Greece (Ipiros-Thesalia-Roumeli-Morias). Makedonia differs for the obvious reasons (The british wanted to wipe out the Slavic speakers by any means).

You poor Albanian even if your british numbers are any true (I highly doubt) :
    6204684 (locals + pontians + asia minor) - 5531474 (locals) = 673210
    673210 / 6204684 = .10850028784705232369 = 10.8 %

And at least in the poor inadequate Vlach schools I went in Ipiros, not on par with your ancient education you got in your albanian village in Attica, ..... usually 10.8% << 40%

So this 40% in absolute numbers is 10% or less. 40% might refer to people who have even remote a slight relation to Asia Minor but that would apply only for freaking Athens. I doubt the 40% number (EVEN WITH THIS SECOND LOOSER DEFINITION), OVER ALL GREEK POPULATION would survive a basic sanity statistics test.

Now I want to add this :
    Ppl from Asia Minor are fine ppl. No complaints. *BUT* Sad true is that it took the local albanians MANY DECADES to accept the new comers from Asia Minor, and at the same time the refugees felt that they arrived in a utterly uncivilized place. There are many PERSONAL accounts for this. BELIEVE ME YOU WOULDN"T WANT ME TO ELABORATE FURTHER ...

Dear friend you are an albanian..... pure albanian...... twisting numbers to suit your pseudo-greek agenda is what you do best.

Dear Fyromian or traitor of Greece, Slav licker Epirot. Perhaps what you said is true for Epirus, as the Asia Minor Greeks who moved there were few, for all of Greece the statistics stand there, 40%, either you like it or not. You can follow the Fyromian, Albanian, Turkish and Leftist rhetoric and call me and all of Greeks as Albanians, Romanians, Slavs or whatever the fuck you want, to my balls. The bad thing for you is that I, like most of Greeks, have no any Albanian, Romanian or Slav ancestors, not even any Arvanite, Vlach or Slavophone but you can repeat your shity propaganda all you want. In real life if you call any Greek as Albanian you will get a punch straight to your fucking face or in best case a slap or a "Go to hell", know that you can insult Greeks only behind your pc and always anonymously. Greek lickers of foreigners are disgusting people, either they lick Americans, Germans or Slavs. In case your indeed a Greek, be proud of your treason against your own people and nation! You are not the first one, neither the only one...

From the "Albanian Athenians" for you.

Last edited by Hellenas; 06-24-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I can defeat your 40% number even by its weaker definition anytime.
    I won't comment on any of your ridiculous sentences.
    I am not hostile against TRUE GREEKS OF ASIA MINOR.

You are a pure albanian to the bone.

My "rhetoric" is FAR FROM "LEFTIST" . I know very well how the "leftist" rhetoric sounds like when talking about the balkans.

Again, there is no purer albanian here than you.

Now go lick some western dick and unload its juice down your throat ... mmmmmmm yeah ancient democracy in its highest ...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

δεν είναι τόσο χαριτωμένο όταν ανθέλληνες ψευτο-ελληνόφωνες αλβανοί μιλούν στα αγγλικά για πράγματα για τα οποία δεν έχουν ιδέα......
    Did you just call me an Albanian? I doubt Raine would love to get called (Turk-)Albanian.

Sadly there are so many languages in the world, otherwise I'd learn Greek for the sake of defending Hellenism with the absurdest claims about Greek accomplishments.

And of course, the OP here isn't absurd and I don't want to detract from it, just to make this clear.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information