Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Return of the traditional woman...

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,935
    Given: 7,460

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekarotuinen View Post
    They choose to dress that way. Nowhere bu Saudi Arabia and Iran are women required by law (an Un-Islamic practice), to cover.
    The burqa may not be mandatory in Islam, but the hijab is.

Also, I wouldn't say wearing the burqa is un-Islamic. It was worn by the female sahabas and most Muslims use some sort of religious justification for the right to wear it.

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    The burqa may not be mandatory in Islam, but the hijab is.

Also, I wouldn't say wearing the burqa is un-Islamic. It was worn by the female sahabas and most Muslims use some sort of religious justification for the right to wear it.
    The Burqa and Niqab are not Un-Islamic, but forcing to women to wear them is. Same with forcing women to wear hijab. It has to be her choice.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

0 Not allowed!

The best traditionalist is an Islamic one.
    Yeah I guess you're pro-rape then because Muhamed said you can have your way with your wife whenever/however you want. Even if she's not down for it.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-26-2017 @ 11:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 92

0 Not allowed!

Good and bad bro. For this time and age it is better they start working which is why we see more and more women getting educated and working. This puts off family and marriage in the end though. How to work around it?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasoid
    Ancestry
    European
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Aboriginal
    mtDNA
    K1c1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinised Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,040
    Given: 2,328

2 Not allowed!

Women can't all be housewives anymore and stay at home with kids, because the cost of living is too much in the west and we're being pressured to support ourselves and get educated and so on.. Men mostly seem unwilling to support their partners entirely in finances and while i can understand the reasoning behind it, you can't have both worlds.. a partner who is equal in the work force and does the same hours, but then goes home to do all the domestic work totally alone because 'thats the female role'.
    2 paychecks are also better than one if you want to buy a decent house one day.. unless you choose to live in a less rich country where house prices are less (but not more affordable for locals anyway, according to their standard wage).
    So many of the older generations were forced to remain married no matter what due to social pressure and the fear by the woman of having no one to support her financially, if she wasn't working but those days are over largely and i don't see much of the younger generation wanting to return to such living.
    The cost of living is spoiling the notion of having many children, because those children need to be totally supported and you can only take so much time off in order to do so.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,999
    Given: 12,785

0 Not allowed!

All women should be Muay Thai ready.

Kitten Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2018 @ 04:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scots-Irish, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid-Alpinid
    Politics
    moderate
    Hero
    Zelda Fitzgerald
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 185

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    The life of a traditional woman is only great if you're totally hawt. There aren't many unattractive women married to men with money and even they're not safe. They have to deal with their husband having a young mistress once father time decimates the wife with metaphorical hammer strikes. It's perhaps better for most women to learn a marketable skill even if they are totally hawt.

On the flip side for men having a traditional woman isn't all that great cuz once the children are able to go to school they pretty much have a large chunk of free time and when women have large chunks of free time they start thinking and when they start thinking they get bored and when they get bored they get weird and when they get weird they start talking just for the sake of talking and when they talk just for the sake of talking you realize 'this woman is insane. I married a crazy person.' That's when it all goes does hill for the men.
    I think this is a healthy view. Women who are educated and have their own interests are less needy and annoying. It's actually traditional to educate middle and upper class women because educated women are more compatible with educated men and know how to act at work functions. Anyone who has seen My Fair Lady or really any classic film knows that.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scots-Irish, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid-Alpinid
    Politics
    moderate
    Hero
    Zelda Fitzgerald
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Burqa and Niqab are not Un-Islamic, but forcing to women to wear them is. Same with forcing women to wear hijab. It has to be her choice.
    Did not Muhammed say that women and girls past puberty should only show hands and face?

I don't have a problem with hijab, it can be attractive and modest, feminine and comfortable but niqab and burka are scary and unsettling. ..especially when the husband wears shorts and sandals in hot weather but his wife is wearing the living room drapes, this seems really wrong, I have seen this on the beach in Los Angeles.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scots-Irish, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid-Alpinid
    Politics
    moderate
    Hero
    Zelda Fitzgerald
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    A traditional marriage only works when a nigga has enough money to take care of his wifey and children, and lets be real, majority of this generation can't do that so they go look for a independent mami who has her own career, job, house and car. Thankfully I have a good career and I get paid very well, I told my girlfriend that when we get married, I don't want her working, she agreed to be a housewife.

That hoe on the video is working so shes not a traditional woman at all, traditional woman needs to keep living with her parents until the man ask for her hand for marriage, then the hoe can get married and live with the nigga, then she gotta be a housewife and take care of the children and home while her daddy is out making bread so they can live good

most traditional women are gold diggers, they wont just settle with any bum, they will want a nigga who can provide for THEIR needs and their needs are a whole lot

so you either want a traditional woman who you will take care of financially
    or an independent mami who will pitch in cash
    Referring to women as hoes and yourself as a nigga demeans you, your race and creates the monsters you probably hate on this forum. I would be disgusted by a man who flaunted vulgarity and ignorance this way irl, and it's not because you are black, you're feeding into a pathetic ghetto stereotype that didn't exist in the dignified days of Sydney Poitier, but you consider yourself traditional? You're not a traditional black man, you're just a sexist asshole.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-24-2018 @ 05:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Islam
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,190
    Given: 1,121

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Did not Muhammed say that women and girls past puberty should only show hands and face?

I don't have a problem with hijab, it can be attractive and modest, feminine and comfortable but niqab and burka are scary and unsettling. ..especially when the husband wears shorts and sandals in hot weather but his wife is wearing the living room drapes, this seems really wrong, I have seen this on the beach in Los Angeles.
    There is a hadith that says that women should only show their hands and face, although there is a difference of opinion on it's authenticity. The niqab is islamic because this is what the mothers of believers and other women wore in front of strange men during the time of the Prophet . There is only a difference of opinions on whether the niqab is obligatory or merely recommended. For example, Shaykh al-Albani wrote a book called Jilbab Ul-Mar’at Il-Muslimah. His opinion was that the hijab is obligatory and the niqab is recommended ( but not obligatory).

He said:

“Whoever adheres to the obligation, it is good enough; and whoever does the recommendation, it is better.” (Jilbab Ul-Mar’at Il-Muslimah, p. 28, which is a Preface to the 2nd Edition)

So it's up to the women if she wants to wear the hijab or niqab.

And also here are two authentic hadiths about the mothers of believers and early Muslim women covering the face.

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah… that Safwaan ibn al-Mu’attal al-Sulami al-Dhakwaani was lagging behind the army. He came to where I had stopped and saw the black shape of a person sleeping. He recognized me when he saw me, because he had seen me before hijaab was enjoined. I woke up when I heard him saying ‘Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return),’ when he saw me, and I covered my face with my jilbaab.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3910; Muslim, 2770)

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near, each of us would lower her jilbaab from her head over her face, and when they passed by we would uncover (our faces).”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1833; Ahmad, 24067

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information