Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

2 Not allowed!

Default Gandhi was a Racist Prick, Some Indians are quite Racist

His quotes:

https://unfairweb.wordpress.com/2017...-black-people/

All quotes are direct quotations from The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi. They are taken from his writings and statements during the years he spent working as an attorney in South Africa, before he went back to India in 1915 to fight for independence. Note: “Kaffir” is an offensive term in South Africa considered on par with “n*gger” in the U.S., though in Gandhi’s time some historians claim it was considered more neutral.

Before Dec. 19, 1894: “A general belief seems to prevail in the Colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than savages or the Natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir.”

Sept. 26, 1896: “Ours is one continual struggle against a degradation sought to be inflicted upon us by the Europeans, who desire to degrade us to the level of the raw Kaffir whose occupation is hunting, and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with and, then, pass his life in indolence and nakedness.”

Oct. 26, 1896: “There is a bye-law in Durban which requires registration of coloured servants. This rule may be, and perhaps is, necessary for the Kaffirs who would not work, but absolutely useless with regard to the Indians. But the policy is to class the Indian with the Kaffir whenever possible.”

Before May 27, 1899: “Your Petitioner has seen the Location intended to be used by the Indians. It would place them, who are undoubtedly infinitely superior to the Kaffirs, in close proximity to the latter.”

May 24, 1903: “The Ł3 tax is merely a penalty for wearing the brown skin and it would appear that, whereas Kaffirs are taxed because they do not work at all or sufficiently, we are to be taxed evidently because we work too much, the only thing in common between the two being the absence of the white skin.”

Feb. 11, 1904: “I venture to write you regarding the shocking state of the Indian Location. The rooms appear to be overcrowded beyond description. The sanitary service is very irregular, and many of the residents of the Location have been to my office to complain that the sanitary condition is far worse than before. There is, too, a very large Kaffir population in the Location for which really there is no warrant.”

Feb. 15, 1904: “I feel convinced that every minute wasted over the matter merely hastens a calamity for Johannesburg and that through absolutely no fault of the British Indians. Why, of all places in Johannesburg, the Indian Location should be chosen for dumping down all the kaffirs of the town passes my comprehension.”

Feb. 15, 1904: “Of course, under my suggestion, the Town Council must withdraw the Kaffirs from the Location. About this mixing of the Kaffirs with the Indians, I must confess I feel most strongly. I think it is very unfair to the Indian population and it is an undue tax on even the proverbial patience of my countrymen.”

Sept. 9, 1906: “Even the half-castes and Kaffirs, who are less advanced than we, have resisted the Government. The pass law applies to them as well, but they do not take out passes.”

June 4, 1907: “Are we supposed to be thieves or free-booters that even a Kaffir policeman can accost and detain us wherever we happen to be going?”

Feb. 2, 1908: “The British rulers take us to be so lowly and ignorant that they assume that, like the Kaffirs who can be pleased with toys and pins, we can also be fobbed off with trinkets.”

July 3, 1907: “Kaffirs are as a rule uncivilised – the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals. Each ward contains nearly 50 to 60 of them. They often started rows and fought among themselves. The reader can easily imagine the plight of the poor Indian thrown into such company!”

Dec. 2, 1910: “Some Indians do have contacts with Kaffir women. I think such contacts are fraught with grave danger. Indians would do well to avoid them altogether.”

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

5 Not allowed!

Find me someone in the 19th and early 20th century who wasn't racist. Way to project 21st century sensibilities on shit that happened 100+ years ago.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    Find me someone in the 19th and early 20th century who wasn't racist. Way to project 21st century sensibilities on shit that happened 100+ years ago.
    He was quite detailed in his racism and there were plenty of people that were not racist. Most of the early Republicans in the USA were not Racist.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,184
    Given: 58,957

1 Not allowed!

most founding fathers of america were racist too, but progressive for their time. ghandi was progressive for his time he outlawed religious and caste discrimination, he was the first to outlaw caste discrimination, and he was a pacifist, he defeated the british empire with peaceful resistance.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    most founding fathers of america were racist too, but progressive for their time. ghandi was progressive for his time he outlawed religious and caste discrimination, he was the first to outlaw caste discrimination, and he was a pacifist, he defeated the british empire with peaceful resistance.
    Does not deny the fact that he was fighting for justice for his people and not all people. He also seemed to use black racism to promote Indian superiority in a way that is exploiting them.

The founding fathers were white men that believed what they believed but they never fought for racial justice like Gandhi was for his people.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    Does not deny the fact that he was fighting for justice for his people and not all people. He also seemed to use black racism to promote Indian superiority in a way that is exploiting them.

The founding fathers were white men that believed what they believed but they never fought for racial justice like Gandhi was for his people.
    they didnt fought for "racial" justice but for other justice, or generally for prosperity, freedom, justice etc. and yet only for white men not for all people same bullshit
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

1 Not allowed!

He was quite detailed in his racism and there were plenty of people that were not racist. Most of the early Republicans in the USA were not Racist.
    Can you show me specifically which quotes of his are untrue? Were you in Johannesburg South Africa in the early 20th century? How do you know he wasn't telling the truth?

When Indians were arrested in South Africa for protesting mandatory ID cards, the White authorities didn't know whether to put them in the "White" or "Coloured" section of the prisons because unlike Blacks, Indians had never committed any crimes.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    Can you show me specifically which quotes of his are untrue? Were you in Johannesburg South Africa in the early 20th century? How do you know he wasn't telling the truth?

When Indians were arrested in South Africa for protesting mandatory ID cards, the White authorities didn't know whether to put them in the "White" or "Coloured" section of the prisons because unlike Blacks, Indians had never committed any crimes.
    actually despite his words indians were the biggest allies of black africans to defeat apartheid, the government of india helped against apartheid

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

My point is instead of wanting to completely abolish apartheid by using Africans as allies for this he actually endorsed apartheid and just wanted Indians to have a higher status in it. This is quite different than want Nelson Mandela stood for.

He might of changed his mind later but I am referring to when he lived in South Africa.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My point is instead of wanting to completely abolish apartheid by using Africans as allies for this he actually endorsed apartheid and just wanted Indians to have a higher status in it. This is quite different than want Nelson Mandela stood for.

He might of changed his mind later but I am referring to when he lived in South Africa.
    maybe he said india did help the blacks against apartheid actions speak louder then words, also it was in his early stage of life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information