Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What Race Were the Greeks and Romans?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2017 @ 02:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Punic
    Ethnicity
    Tunisian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

If you mean those who brought their langauges then they were steppe-shifted populations genetically, if you don't mean the elite, then like a bit more neolithic shifted version of modern greeks and italians. Greece and Italy received Slavic and Germanic migrations.

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    These are Italian's ancestors not that Fayum mummies that small brained Danielion continue to post to represent ancient italians...

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,075
    Given: 14,274

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
    If you mean those who brought their langauges then they were steppe-shifted populations genetically, if you don't mean the elite, then like a bit more neolithic shifted version of modern greeks and italians. Greece and Italy received Slavic and Germanic migrations.
    Nope dude,Aristocrats in ancient Greece where native locals,not different from the others

Banned
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Anthropofagist + Ifá Practitioner
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid + some Veddoid (1/128) + Kaffirid (1/555)
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,378
    Given: 3,032

0 Not allowed!

This.

But the elites became substantially mixed with the 'core' population in some few generations. These nordicist cherrypicking of Nordic looking Romans and Greeks are really pathetic. They say they started to represent Greeks and Romans as blondes because they describe themselves this way, but even a guy like Julius Caesar who have been described as black-haired in all sources is represented as blonde by these idiots.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    LOL. I think you mean the loan the Nazis took from the Greeks during WW2, not 1953. 1953 was when half of Germany's Marshall Plan and earlier debt was forgiven, which had nothing to do with Greek money. You forget that Greece also benefited from the Marshall Plan(only parts of it were loans, I can't even find whether Greece payed back the loans or not) far more than Germany, as well as the Truman Doctrine before that. Italy recieved more Marshall Plan money than Germany did per capita as well. You also forget Germany was forced to pay reperations to Greece. Greece today has a lot more debt than Germany did.

xenophobic-eastern-euro-dumb, do you even understand the language of the country that hosts you?

I said, germany has received debt relief 5 times in its history, deserving the nickname that was later given to it, the "biggest debt transgressor". Yes the London agreement was 1 out of these 5 times, where 50% of the German debt was cancelled, yet, zero of the Greek debt was cancelled and the only "benefit" for Greeks was a loan as a whole, in spite of the Greek contributions to ww2 (being considered the 4th most important per capita after Soviet, English and 3rd american) and the fact that Greeks ended up as one of the most ruined countries of Europe after the ww2, and the even more destructive civil war, which was not at all an "inside job" of Greece

And that's only for germany, one of the most "innocent" states of the previous centuries, i do not even need to mention the wealth that has been stolen from the 3rd world and the benefits of slavery for most of europeans, except of, guess who, Greeks and Italians
    Yeah, no. Like other Europeans didn't have war, moron. From Greek independence in 1822 Greece has been largely stable outside of some minor wars and the two world wars, which every European was a part of.
    to begin with, can you even understand the difference of the armies which fought Greeks and those which fought the rest of Europeans, during all these centuries, idiot?

but i have to agree with you, Greece was stable during ww2
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties
    (notice the civilian deaths due to war famine and disease per capita, compare to most of the countries participated in the war)
    some ww2 pics of Greece, full of stability

Not to mention the even more destructive than ww2, the anatolian war in 1923
    Nope, I debunked this already. Greeks get paid more for the same jobs because they live in urban, metropolitan areas where everything is more expensive, you saying "doesn't count" is irrelevant to the facts. If we didn't consider wages and cost, California would be one of the richest states, when it's actually one of the poorest if you look at people in poverty and when you adjust income for CoI. If you look at metropolitan area or urbanized state stats, Greeks earn way less.

can you show me any source proving your claims dumb? because even if Greeks were more urbanized compare to Scots or irish, doesn't mean we are also compare to Germans, German immigrants and even british colonists were usually settled in urban areas, yet there is no particular source about the urbanization of Greeks in USA. You debunked your a$$, Greeks have higher income than almost all non askhenazi populations, indicating higher education, the way IN GREECE, there is a higher percentage of tertiary educated people under 34 than in Germany, indicating how the new generations of the country living in better conditions tend to be more developed
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ion_attainment

Couldn't find anything on Greeks in Germany, but you swarths should really stop raping women before some crazy German gets any ideas about ovens again.
    I agree, raping such masculine women is abnormal , but i don't think that this 1,5 more suspects compare to China means anything, dumb. Your own country (Poland) has the same number of suspects, and that's obviously related to the fact that everywhere immigrants are more suspicious to the police than the natives, not that this reflects the reality.
    Also
    https://m.imgur.com/6UoZqAS
    At least we do not rape German children, Germans themselves do it better

Nope, wasn't able to find it. Source?

Keep using the Ashkenazi argument, btw. Don't forget you also have Albanians in your "genetic family". Complete ignoramus.
    isn't the fact that 6 out of 12 most important scientists from your country are askhenazi enough?
    Also

You know, it's Harvard, I don't know if the source is reliable but I think it indicates an aspect of reality
    Also, why should i focus to the overlap with albanians and not with Askhenazi and Italians (the second smartest population in Europe), after all, only one and particularly the poorest region in Greece overlaps with Albania. And being a lit more sane than you, I can understand that even Albania would be different under better conditions
    Sure, exactly like I said in the first post.. Byzantium was ontop in 1000 AD, with the Arab world next.
    until 11th century, to be more precise. the fact that finally the Normans invaded, in 11th century, and since then Greece suffered because of them, followed by franks, venetians, Catalans, ottomans, venetians again, again ottomans, and finally Bavarians, doesn't count, we accidentaly got "poor" due to genetic inferiority

The conclusion, you are completely preoccupied about a country which you seem to completely ignore, in terms of history, conditions etc, if you are interested in us, you are always welcomed to visit our country and see if we are horrible or not

For some reason we still have lower percentage of suicide than most of Europe, and even smaller percentage of dispersion therapies, and as a psychologist I can interpret it as being more sane, I see nothing wrong with Greece and no reason for a non comlexed human to be against Greece

If we are poorer today, in spite of having the biggest achievements from antiquity to 11th ad century, and overlapping some of the most successful people in the world, it's conditions, not our inferiority. Even today, we are 73 in global peace index, with all the consequences for economy, quality of life etc
    Last edited by brennus dux gallorum; 06-29-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,893
    Given: 26,311

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    I live in the USA, so please stop deluding yourself. Ashnekazis are far above Greeks and Italians in science and engineering research, and so are Indians.

I live less than 7 miles away from IBM Research and also near all of the tech companies in Silicon Valley.
    asians have higher IQ than Greeks and any european, thats a fact. it is due to adapting to harsher social conditions and has nothing to do with genetics.

Last Online
    11-08-2020 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Duck
    Ancestry
    of the world.
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Quinqueracial Duckoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 1,466

0 Not allowed!

Also worth noting that their "blond" could mean just about anything. Just a few days ago I saw a heated discussion here about what is "light brown" and what is "blond" hair. Normally in places where dark hair is very common, any lighter shade is already considered something else. At least that's how it is here in Brazil. Even I have been called blond in the past and I have dark brown hair lol. Using literary sources for this kind of thing is almost useless. If we go by what the Greeks describe, almost everyone in Europe was blond or red-haired. Red hair is so rare nowadays, I wonder what happened to all these people.

Also the reason people went around describing blond hair is more likely because it was uncommon there in the first place. People usually prefer writing about unique features rather than those that don't stand out much.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    asians have higher IQ than Greeks and any european, thats a fact. it is due to adapting to harsher social conditions and has nothing to do with genetics.
    How you know it has nothing to do with genetics?

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Those migration or rather intruders were repelled within 100 years, they was no intermixing, only endless fighting.

And the Germanic migrations are overblown out of proportion. 20,000 Germanics could not alter the million of Romans. The tribes of Northern Italy weren't Germanic but Italo-celtic in the first place.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,893
    Given: 26,311

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimage View Post
    How you know it has nothing to do with genetics?
    I just assumed it doesn't. There is no reason for two individuals of the same species(but belonging to different ''races'') to have different mental abilities, unless they adapt to different environments.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information