Amalgam
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1

2 Not allowed!

Default Albanian Iso-Polyphonic Chant

Somebody plz educate me concerning this type of chant. This music is very beautiful, some of the purest vocalizations I've heard in a long time. What is the origin of this?

Last Online
    07-07-2017 @ 07:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Amalgam
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

There seems to be a rapport between this, also, Corsican polyphony. This has to be something older than mere national designations like "Albanian", "Corsican" etc.

More examples of the Albanian type:

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros1 View Post
    Somebody plz educate me concerning this type of chant. This music is very beautiful, some of the purest vocalizations I've heard in a long time. What is the origin of this?

I remember that video legit fucking my mind up, it sounded so spiritual and new, never had I heard something like that in Albanian culture. I'd also like to know more about this.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Amalgam
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    I remember that video legit fucking my mind up, it sounded so spiritual and new, never had I heard something like that in Albanian culture. I'd also like to know more about this.
    I was indeed "fucked up" the first time I heard it too, I was high as shit and thought I had found God. Lol. There is something ethereal and God-like in this music, there's no doubt about it.

This is why I love Albanians. Some of the purest aspects of humanity are exemplified here, mostly still uncorrupted by the degeneracy afflicting vast swathes of the world. Third-worlders in general are like this, but I am partial to Albanians.

When an American like me hears this, its a mind-fuck indeed. I used to be unaware that things like this actually existed in the world still.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

0 Not allowed!

I was indeed "fucked up" the first time I heard it too, I was high as shit and thought I had found God. Lol. There is something ethereal and God-like in this music, there's no doubt about it.

This is why I love Albanians. Some of the purest aspects of humanity are exemplified here, mostly still uncorrupted by the degeneracy afflicting vast swathes of the world. Third-worlders in general are like this, but I am partial to Albanians.

When an American like me hears this, its a mind-fuck indeed. I used to be unaware that things like this actually existed in the world still.
    Go to Tirana and it's not really much different from any Western country in terms of degeneracy. The uncorrupted people you speak of exist mostly in humble backward places that have still kept their communities and religion. Anywhere else you can only speak about diamonds in the rough or roses from the concrete.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Amalgam
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    Go to Tirana and it's not really much different from any Western country in terms of degeneracy. The uncorrupted people you speak of exist mostly in humble backward places that have still kept their communities and religion. Anywhere else you can only speak about diamonds in the rough or roses from the concrete.
    I'm not so convinced anymore that we can isolate this phenomenon as specifically "Western"..... historically it is common to many different peoples, occurring at different times in different places, though the corruption is occurring at a very accelerated pace now.... it just means we'll fall harder, and more quickly.

The degeneracy is something that existed before any concept of the "West", some flaw intrinsic to humans. I used to believe in Darwinian neutrality, neutral progression of life, etc. But I don't believe that now. There is a fundamental flaw in humanity and perhaps in life itself, in the Will to Live, there's no mistaking it.

Last Online
    05-05-2021 @ 11:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Arberor
    Ancestry
    Shqipëri
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    St Albans
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,713
    Given: 3,033

1 Not allowed!

The origins are probably ancient, here are two papers by the great Dr. Pr. Vasil Tole, the living authority regarding Albanian Iso-Polyphony & Pr. Marinela Mahony from the Pretoria University, SA. It's truly not only a gem in the Albanian, but the world musical culture, too bad it's still rather unknown to many.

The inauguration of the Scanderbeg Square in Tirana featured French professors singing in traditional Lab Albanian:

My personal favourites are from the area of Permet, although they're quite tragic:

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

0 Not allowed!

I'm not so convinced anymore that we can isolate this phenomenon as specifically "Western"..... historically it is common to many different peoples, occurring at different times in different places, though the corruption is occurring at a very accelerated pace now.... it just means we'll fall harder, and more quickly.

The degeneracy is something that existed before any concept of the "West", some flaw intrinsic to humans. I used to believe in Darwinian neutrality, neutral progression of life, etc. But I don't believe that now. There is a fundamental flaw in humanity and perhaps in life itself, in the Will to Live, there's no mistaking it.
    While it isn't specifically Western in a greater historical context, it surely is the root of the decadence we see today. At the root of all the systemic, patterned, evil is the West. It is the birthplace of modernity, after all, which is in a sense the synthesis of all the evils of all previous historical periods.

Either way, the Albanian bourgeoisie and proletariat aren't much different from those in other countries. What good there is is usually found amongst the poorer folk who live off the land. This is true everywhere.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

The Polyphonic song is a tradition of South Albanians, Toskeria. Meanwhile the Iso-Polyphonic is characteristic of Laberia region, my Region.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lab%C3%ABria
    The most beautiful song is considered this:

Janinës çi panë sytë - Grupi i Lapardhas F.F.K Gjirokastër 1983
    The quality of video is low because this the original video from 1983. You can find more recent interpretation, but i prefer the original.
    This folklorik group is from Lapardha village.
    This song speak about three men, Zenel Çelo, the Velçiot(the guy from the village of Velça) and the brave Jaçe Mavrova. In a day of Friday they went in Janina(Ioaninna), passed through the tabor, Turkish army and in a place called "Five Wells" in a gorge they killed an high ranked Turkish Pasha. It's a true story. My grandmother from my father side was from the village of Mavrovë, from the family of this brave Jaçe Mavrova.
    Last edited by Laberia; 07-07-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Politics