The reason why I want to know is because I'm curious who the Cheddar Man was. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...Cheddar-Man%94

Several years ago, I remember a Finnish poster on YT informed me that the Cheddar Man was an ancient Finn.

He insisted to me that the Finns settled in Britain thousands of years ago - although I've never heard anything about this from historians.

(Obviously I know about Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Danish and Norwegian Vikings, Normans... but I don't know who lived in Britain 9000 years ago before new settlers arrived to the islands.)

I didn't want to question or doubt him about his claim as he seemed very knowledgeable and clued-up on the history of Finns, and he had a very interesting YT channel about Finns... but I still can't help but feel in doubt about his claim anytime I hear the Cheddar Man mentioned.

Does anyone know if Finns ever settled in Ancient Britain? I don't believe they did.

I would've thought that the Cheddar Man would be someone from an Ancient Celtic tribe?

Does anyone know who was living in the British Isles 9000 years ago?