Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the difference between Germans and Poles in the UK?

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,168
    Given: 58,941

0 Not allowed!

Default Whats the difference between Germans and Poles in the UK?

I read but dont recall where, that in UK the foreign born group which identifies the most as White British is German, but Poles tend to check White Other.*

*The UK Census differentiates between White British and White Other (Other Europeans) in the White category as sub-groups.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"
    "To abuse and insult, is inconsistent with reason and justice"
    - The Prophet of Indian Nationalism Raja Ram Mohan Roy

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

2 Not allowed!

I don't see how White Germans can be White British.... unless they've become a national British citizen, otherwise they should tick 'White Other' on forms.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I don't see how White Germans can be White British.... unless they've become a national British citizen, otherwise they should tick 'White Other' on forms.
    They are not technically British, but they tend to identify as white british, maybe they assimilate quickly.
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

found the article

2. Main points

The 2011 Census showed that almost half (46%, 3.4 million) of the foreign-born population identified with a White ethnic group, a third identified as Asian/Asian British (33%, 2.4 million) and 13% (992,000) identified with Black/African/Caribbean/Black British

More than 1 in 8 foreign-born residents (13%, 949,000) classified themselves as White British

The largest group who identified as White British were German born (57%, 155,000) and over half (56%) of them arrived before 1981. One likely reason is due to British military personnel being stationed in Germany. The next largest group identifying as White British were from South Africa (85,000)

A quarter of the foreign-born population identified as Other White (28%, 2.1 million) and the largest group were from Poland (528,000). Over 9 in 10 Polish born residents identified with Other White and the majority (94%, 496,000) arrived between 2001 and 2011, with Poland’s accession into the European Union in 2004

The majority of South African born residents identified as White (84%) and over two fifths identified as White British (44%). Most of those identifying with White British (68%) arrived before 2001

A broad range of ethnic groups was found with Iraqi and Iranian born residents. For Iraq, most common was Arab (39%), Any Other ethnic group (28%) and Asian (17%). For Iran, most common was Asian/Asian British (38%), Any Other ethnic group (34%) and Other White (13%)

High proportions of residents who were Kenyan, Tanzanian and Ugandan born identified as Asian (69%, 68% and 58% respectively)

Of the foreign-born population in England and Wales nearly half identified as Christian (48%) and a fifth identified as Muslim (19%). Around 1 in 7 had No religion (14%) https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...les/2015-06-18

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    They are not technically British, but they tend to identify as white british, maybe they assimilate quickly.
    I think you should ask German-born citizens how long they've lived here and how they culturally identify themselves in the UK.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think you should ask German-born citizens how long they've lived here and how they culturally identify themselves in the UK.
    They are likely not German citizens anymore, they are foreign born (German born) but probably by now have British citizenship.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They are likely not German citizens anymore, they are foreign born (German born) but probably by now have British citizenship.
    Do you culturally identify as Austrian? You've lived there a long time and seem to have adapted to the culture there... and you even have an Austrian accent when you talk.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Do you culturally identify as Austrian? You've lived there a long time and seem to have adapted to the culture there... and you even have an Austrian accent when you talk.
    Eventhough I adapted in some part to the culture and speak fluent German, I was always considered foreign, also people would think Im retarded if I said Im Austrian. They wouldnt buy it, its different then in Britain where everyone is British like "Caribbean British" or "Asian British" in Austria you are either Austrian or if you are foreign born you are foreigner / Ausländer. No one would buy Im Austrian here, the Austrians would laugh at me. But in official politically correct circles Im Austrian because I have austrian passport but thats only when I register somwhere officially then they say Im "Austrian" when I talk to normal people they ask me where Im from, what my religion is or what my ethnicity is etc. they dont see me as Austrian. Also I have not a German name if I had a german name I think I could rather pass myself off as Austrian.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Eventhough I adapted in some part to the culture and speak fluent German, I was always considered foreign, also people would think Im retarded if I said Im Austrian. They wouldnt buy it, its different then in Britain where everyone is British like "Caribbean British" or "Asian British" in Austria you are either Austrian or if you are foreign born you are foreigner / Ausländer. No one would buy Im Austrian here, the Austrians would laugh at me. But in official politically correct circles Im Austrian because I have austrian passport but thats only when I register somwhere officially then they say Im "Austrian" when I talk to normal people they ask me where Im from, what my religion is or what my ethnicity is etc. they dont see me as Austrian. Also I have not a German name if I had a german name I think I could rather pass myself off as Austrian.
    Do you culturally identify more with Serbia? Which nation were you culturally raised in and which nation have you lived in the longest?

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Do you culturally identify more with Serbia? Which nation were you culturally raised in and which nation have you lived in the longest?
    I have lived the longest in Austria. 27 years in Austria vs 7 years in Serbia. Culturally if you mean like what I eat, what languages I speak and what habbits I have, I would say I have a strong serbian basis + a bit austrianised. But People see culture through race and ethnicity here. So I would stick out. If you look foreign people also assume that you are culturally foreign. Like people ask me If I drink beer or if I eat beef or pork, and if I want to marry a virgin etc. Basically Im treated like a non-european third worlder eventhough Im from central europe, but because of my look they assume Im very foreign culturally. You cant tell them you are austrian, they wouldnt buy that, that doesnt work like that here. At least not for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information