Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

5 Not allowed!

eek Mayweather vs Mcgregor match

Who do you think will win? This is a very hyped match, whichever site(news or social media) I look at I find articles,videos, references to it, people talk about it a lot so I decided to make a thread about it here.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

0 Not allowed!

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,999
    Given: 12,785

4 Not allowed!

On paper Mayweather wins this boxing match. In a real fight Mayweather gets murdered.

But... after deep reflection...

I think there is a slight chance that McGregor wins. I wouldn't even consider McGregor beating Mayweather in his prime but I think there is a possibility that a not-so-best-MMA fighter beats the arguably greatest boxer of all time. If McGregor does win it would literally end boxing as a sport in the US. The only way he can win is by knocking Mayweather out. McGregor has been protected in the UFC against wrestlers and BJJ guys. The only times he's fought either was Mendes with a ten day camp and Nate Diaz on two weeks notice (the first time) and Diaz prefers to slug it out. So they've been very careful with their match ups and skipped over a lot of people (no Frankie Edgar before Aldo? The guy who was well prepared for McGregor and told he had a match with him but was then taken out and replaced by Mendes on short notice without a good explanation? Obvious is obvious.)

So it has to be understood McGregor isn't the MMA shizzle but he is one of the best strikers and he has knock out power that is a few weight classes above his own. People in lower weight divisions don't get knocked out often. They don't have the weight behind their punches to put someone out. McGregor not only has a rare gift but it's complimented by a rock solid chin. He's willing to take a punch to give a punch because he knows his chin can take it, while the other guy is going to be hurt. Most importantly since this is a boxing match he doesn't have to worry about take downs. Mayweather isn't a heavy hitter and he hadn't had a knock out in a decade. He has really small hands. McGregor always keeps his eyes on his opponents. Mayweather does for the most part except when throwing a heavy punch. If McGregor does knock him out it'll be for the reasons above that I gave and I think McGregor will throw Mayweather off by a preference for a fighting stance he applies in MMA than using a boxing stance. What will beat Mayweather is doing the opposite of what 49 professional boxers in the past have done, which is fight like a boxer would because McGregor won't be able to out box Mayweather.

McGregor should hit Mayweather with elbows when inside and even head butt him. Dirty boxing is, well, dirty but if it comes down to losing on points and he knows he's not going to win anyway then fuck it.

Most likely the fight will end in decision in favor of Mayweather or McGregor is so exhausted that the referee stops the fight instead of allowing the last few rounds be all Mayweather peppering McGregor and showboating but... it would be totally awesome if McGregor knocks him the fuck out.

That being said I'm put off by the recent promotion of the fight. The only thing it reveals is Mayweather is corny and McGregor is hilarious. I doubt this fight would happen if Mayweather didn't have money trouble (supposedly). It would be odd claiming the best record in boxing with a fight with a guy who never had a professional boxing match (I don't believe McGregor ever had an amateur boxing match either) as the fight that got him the record.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 07-15-2017 at 06:38 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

1 Not allowed!

I see this match comparable to college football teams, Mayweather is Alabama and Mc Gregor is some division 3 team.

If De La Hoya couldn't KO him ,Pacquia couldn't nor Canelo Alvarez could beat or knock out Mayweather i don't see how McGregor could have a fighting chance unless the fight is fixed.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    I see this match comparable to college football teams, Mayweather is Alabama and Mc Gregor is some division 3 team.

If De La Hoya couldn't KO him ,Pacquia couldn't nor Canelo Alvarez could beat or knock out Mayweather i don't see how McGregor could have a fighting chance unless the fight is fixed.
    Hold up for a moment. This has to be said: Mayweather is a spot picker. He fought De La Hoya and Pacquiao when everyone agreed they had passed their prime. Alvarez had reached his prime when he fought Mayweather. Mayweather takes fights when he knows he'll win. In other words he fights when a great fighter is in obvious decline and when young talent hasn't reached their prime. That's why it took him a decade to fight Pacquiao and in my opinion Pacquiao won that fight. Boxing in the US is corrupt as fuck.

Mayweather is a great fighter but right is right: he's a spot picker. All boxers are spot pickers in that they pad their record with easy fights but what he does goes beyond what the rest have done. The rest want to beat the best when they're at their best. He wants to beat the best when they're not at their best.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

1 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

0 Not allowed!

?? Dont watch sports. It depends if Mcgregor is a grappler/ submission person or striker. If hes mainly a grappler, submission person hes going to lose. The advantage McGregor has is that May weather is old.

In the end Mcgregor will still have either 3 or 4 loses in his career
    Mayweather will be undefeated or lost only once

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

0 Not allowed!

*Double post*
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

1 Not allowed!

It can go either way.

Mayweather, in his prime, looks to end fights fast and is a decent hitter. He is very good in its general practice. A good example of him falling under pressure to an extent was with his opponent Emanuel Augustus.

Emanuel's innate playful/toying nature coupled with a strong chin at times counterbalances Mayweather's conventional, lightning-fast, precision throws. Mayweather's problem may come about through Conor's solid chin to take hits and his calculated, powerful hits that keeps his opponents on their feet/knocking them out. Coupled with Mcgregor's ability to be unusually calm and collected in heated situations. Mayweather is usually quick on his feet in order to not get cornered or get caught in a frenzy of hits. As long as Mcgregor isn't flat footed like Canelo Álvarez and maintains his unpredictable, calculated hits from various angles that he is very adept at throwing; he may have a chance.

You also have to remember that connected punches (along with clean, "aggressive" shots accounted) count more than a simple game plan to knock someone out in the grand scheme of things; especially with a fight with Mayweather.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information