HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    Afaik, the "significant gap" is mainly because Persians from eastern Iran (Khorasan, Semnan) are not included in DNA results. The DNA results of Iranians mainly just includes Iranians from central Iran and western Iran. If it were to include to genetic results of Khorasanis, then they would complete the continuum between Afghanistan and central Iran. Do you happen to have any data regarding people from eastern Iran (Khorasan, Semanan) and see how they compare to East Iranics (Pashtuns, Pamiris) and Baloches?
    This is only partly correct. "Eastern Persians" as you call them have been tested. I have seen Persian samples all the way to the East and Northeast (Khorasan) province and they were just a little more EHG ASI/East Eurasian shifted Persians but not significantly more, they still form a cluster. Southeast Iranian on the other hand do cluster a little bit different but they are not really Persians but Baloch.

However as I said anyways I have no problems calling Pashtuns, Pamiris/Yaghnobi, Baloch and Turkmens Eastern West Asians or Iranian Plateau people. I just thought Western_Central Asians would be more fitting. How you call it is up to you.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 11:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,588
    Given: 8,908

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demhat View Post
    Read my comment here, especially the bolded part.

the Iranics were not all between Ossetians and East Europeans. Some Proto_Indo_Iranian cultures were. But Iranics had a little more diversity. Some were inbetween East Euros and North Caucasians, others were very similar to Tajiks, Pamiris, Pashtuns. Ancient West Iranics were almost carbon copies of Kurds, South Caspian Iranics (Mazandarani, Gilaki, Semnani) Azeris or Persians.
    Well, you identify as Muslim and Middle Eastern and don't want to associate with white people or Europeans (whatever you call them), so no wonder you deny any connection between Proto-Iranians and Europeans. But the Proto-Iranians (Sintashta/Andronovo) were not Middle Eastern. Achaemenid Persians might have been Middle Eastern (although probably with a higher amount of white blood than nowadays), but Sintashta people certainly weren't.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,103

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Well, you identify as Muslim and Middle Eastern and don't want to associate with white people or Europeans (whatever you call them), so no wonder you deny any connection between Proto-Iranians and Europeans. But the Proto-Iranians (Sintashta/Andronovo) were not Middle Eastern. Achaemenid Persians might have been Middle Eastern (although probably with a higher amount of white blood than nowadays), but Sintashta people certainly weren't.
    Proto-west iranics were most probably highly aryanized BMAC people. Not all of them had "Lots of white blood" (whatever the fuck that means), and they certainly were not all blue eyed either.

Modern day Iranians are a mix between Iran_CHL+Pamiri/Pashtun. 60% native-40% Indo-iranian. It was genetically more western than previous Iran_Neolithic which more Baluch/Brahui-like. Modern day Iranians seem to have some extra ASI/South Asian compared to Iran_Chalcolithic. They got this extra South Asian admixture from South Central Asian Indo-Iranians (BMAC) which were Pamiri/Pashtun-like.

Achaemenid persians were most likely half native and half Indo-iranian. Anatolian farmer and near eastern increased as the rest were absorbed mixing with elamites.

This is the average, but obviously some will score higher than others. Yamnaya was 50% Iran-CHL btw as well as Andronovo being more south-asian shifted.

Iranians

66.9% Iran_ChL
    24.6% Steppe_MLBA
    5.6% Kharia
    1.9% She
    1.0% Yoruba

distance=4.9775
    Last edited by Babak; 07-23-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 11:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,588
    Given: 8,908

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Babak View Post
    Proto-west iranics were most probably highly aryanized BMAC people. Not all of them had "Lots of white blood" (whatever the fuck that means), and they certainly were not all blue eyed either.

Modern day Iranians are a mix between Iran_CHL+Pamiri/Pashtun. 60% native-40% Indo-iranian. It was genetically more western than previous Iran_Neolithic which more Baluch/Brahui-like. Modern day Iranians seem to have some extra ASI/South Asian compared to Iran_Chalcolithic. They got this extra South Asian admixture from South Central Asian Indo-Iranians (BMAC) which were Pamiri/Pashtun-like.

Achaemenid persians were most likely half native and half Indo-iranian. Anatolian farmer and near eastern increased as the rest were absorbed mixing with elamites.

This is the average, but obviously some will score higher than others. Yamnaya was 50% Iran-CHL btw as well as Andronovo being more south-asian shifted.

Iranians

66.9% Iran_ChL
    24.6% Steppe_MLBA
    5.6% Kharia
    1.9% She
    1.0% Yoruba

distance=4.9775
    Interesting. Do you have any Eastern Iranian kit numbers? I'm talking about Khorasan in particular.

Though I was talking about the Sintashta culture, not ancient Persians or West Iranians.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,103

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Interesting. Do you have any Eastern Iranian kit numbers? I'm talking about Khorasan in particular.

Though I was talking about the Sintashta culture, not ancient Persians or West Iranians.
    I had some. Gotta look for them, ill let you know

Account Deleted
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 01:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic, Caucasian, and Slavic
    Ethnicity
    50% Banana
    Ancestry
    West Asian, South-Central Asian, and Northeastern European
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G2b1a
    mtDNA
    V
    Taxonomy
    Clark Kent with browner hair and a more Iranian nose
    Politics
    Progressive, but not the stupid kind
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,061
    Given: 6,146

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demhat View Post
    This is only partly correct. "Eastern Persians" as you call them have been tested. I have seen Persian samples all the way to the East and Northeast (Khorasan) province and they were just a little more EHG ASI/East Eurasian shifted Persians but not significantly more, they still form a cluster. Southeast Iranian on the other hand do cluster a little bit different but they are not really Persians but Baloch.

However as I said anyways I have no problems calling Pashtuns, Pamiris/Yaghnobi, Baloch and Turkmens Eastern West Asians or Iranian Plateau people. I just thought Western_Central Asians would be more fitting. How you call it is up to you.
    Actually, there was a member on here named the caspian, and he was pretty genetically close to pashtuns. He was probably eastern persian. The genetic difference barely has anything to do with the ASI, the main reason is because afghans lack a lot of the Natufian Persians have.
    Learn some about Afghans here
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...of-Afghanistan

Indian Genomics can be modeled by four-way populations, not two way populations. Read more in this thread:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...tion-structure

Account Deleted
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 01:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic, Caucasian, and Slavic
    Ethnicity
    50% Banana
    Ancestry
    West Asian, South-Central Asian, and Northeastern European
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G2b1a
    mtDNA
    V
    Taxonomy
    Clark Kent with browner hair and a more Iranian nose
    Politics
    Progressive, but not the stupid kind
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,061
    Given: 6,146

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Babak View Post

Iranians

66.9% Iran_ChL
    24.6% Steppe_MLBA
    5.6% Kharia
    1.9% She
    1.0% Yoruba

distance=4.9775
    I found this on eurogenes

Pathan: Iranian_Neolithic / Epipaleolithic 54 (Iran_Neolithic 23.15, Iran_Late_Neolithic 17.85, Iran_Hotu 13.04), Steppe 34.1 (Yamnaya 14.15, Andronovo 19.95), Agta 11.8

Kalash: Iranian_Neolithic / Epipaleolithic 52.65 (Iran_N 38.6 + Iran_Hotu 10.6 + Iran_LN 3.45), Steppe 37.75 ( Yamnaya 17.5, Afanasievo 16.5, Andronovo 3.8), Agta 9.57

There are no afghan pashtun samples there, but still interesting to see pak pashtuns and dards.
    Learn some about Afghans here
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...of-Afghanistan

Indian Genomics can be modeled by four-way populations, not two way populations. Read more in this thread:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...tion-structure

Banned
    Last Online
    10-18-2023 @ 09:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Vampir
    Ancestry
    Cain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2-M67
    mtDNA
    R0A2
    Taxonomy
    Irano-CM + Turanid or Mestizo + CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,331
    Given: 6,235

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    Define "significant" gap though? I still cluster relatively close to West Asians on a PCA and don't see how Pashtuns and Tajiks are so different from Western Asians and Western Iranics.

Are Chechens and Lezgins not West Asians too? Why do i plot closer to some supposedly west asian groups than other supposedly west asian groups do if I'm not one?

Over 60% of my DNA is west asian as west asian one gets

Western Central Asian is another bogus term, if anything, they're eastern Western Asians, or south central asians.

the rest of what you said, I agree with.
    How'd you plot yourself on the graph bro? New to this shit

Last Online
    09-12-2021 @ 10:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Rbst brrby
    Country
    India
    Taxonomy
    Negropolreby
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,302
    Given: 4,653

0 Not allowed!

No u r a white proto iranic steppeboi, kk?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 09:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Japhethite: Indoeuropean. Sarmatian. Poldeutsch.
    Ancestry
    Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom.
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Christian Yahwism aka Arianism.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,490
    Given: 10,741

0 Not allowed!

Bump

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast