bill cooper, donahue, kemilla, buddha, truthiracy, lane, coleman
    Religion
    neocortex / hermetic laws
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,195
    Given: 731

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBronzeBell View Post
    This is actually quite sad to hear. I've always held an interest in Hungary because of its unique history and prominence in central-eastern Europe in the past. Hungarian involvement in interesting points in history like the Third Crusade cannot be overlooked. In addition, with the three countries I feel Hungary shares the most similarity and common history with (those being Austria, Czechia, and Hungary, of course) I couldn't help but feel generally intrigued by Hungary because of it's somewhat unique culture in comparison to its two neighbors.

Anyway, to stay on topic - I still can't find it this report to be quite true, as I would think the countries that drive eastward would have more health problems if average life expectancy tables are found to be accurate.

Also, if I hear a lot of older Germans tend to move there once they retire because of the peaceful living it has to offer; so overall I never really heard anything bad about it.
    all the studies are on page one, your personal opinions are not relevant. science is

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by magyar_lány View Post
    Many of my acquaintances and relatives died by cancer. They have got a treatment, but it was useless. I think every second Hungarian smokes cigarettes.
    I'm sorry to read that many of your acquaintances and relatives have died from cancer. R.I.P.

According to experts, nicotine is as addictive as heroin, but medically-prescribed and free NRT patches, inhalators, and e-cigarettes (which can also be purchased without a prescription) have helped many people to quit in England, along with free Stop Smoking clinics in GP surgeries and free counselling support, and free advice and help in Boots pharmacies.

The Allen Carr method has helped 30 million people in 50 nations worldwide to quit smoking.

The smoking rate in England has fallen to its lowest rate ever as 50% of the nation were smokers several decades ago, but now it's 1 in 6 people who smoke here and there's anti-smoking laws in all public places here, including inside cars carrying children, as it's selfish and unfair to make non-smokers have to breathe-in second-hand cigarette / fag smoke.

Passive-smokers are also affected by breathing in other peoples smoke in the air, which is why it's illegal to smoke in all pubs, bars, cafes, offices, public transport, hospitals, in front of building entrances, etc, and even dropping butts on the ground (instead of using a pocket-ashtray) which causes environmental and wildlife problems can lead to a fine. A female was fined Ł50 in the UK by the police after throwing a fag butt on the ground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ion_per_capita

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Carr

https://www.allencarr.com
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hobbit
    Country
    Belize
    Region
    Hawaii
    Hero
    myself
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,561
    Given: 5,401

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I'm sorry to read that many of your acquaintances and relatives have died from cancer. R.I.P.

According to experts, nicotine is as addictive as heroin, but medically-prescribed NRT patches, inhalators, and e-cigarettes have helped many people to quit in England, along with free Stop Smoking clinics in GP surgeries and free counselling support, and free advice and help in Boots pharmacies.

The Allen Carr method has helped 30 million people in 50 nations worldwide to quit smoking.

The smoking rate in England has fallen to its lowest rate ever as 50% of the nation were smokers several decades ago, but now it's 1 in 6 people who smoke here and there's anti-smoking rules in all public places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ion_per_capita

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Carr

https://www.allencarr.com
    Thank you dear Lily. Many smoking people don't want to quit smoking. They think they won't be ill.

Poor Allen Carr! He quitted smoking, but he died in lung cancer.

We have no smoking areas, too.
    "Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were heading for shore."

Ray Bradbury

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 05:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Blökumenn
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Hero
    Vlad The Impala
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,070
    Given: 899

1 Not allowed!

The average Hungarian brushes his teeth so infrequently that he uses fewer than two tubes of toothpaste a year.

Top Kek

Jokes aside, I really doubt that's the problem only with Hungary. Hell, I think Romanians and other East-Europeans consume even less toothpaste than Hungarians. It's a sad situation, brought by the poverty of the communist times.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by magyar_lány View Post
    Thank you dear Lily. Many smoking people don't want to quit smoking. They think they won't be ill.

Poor Allen Carr! He quitted smoking, but he died in lung cancer.

We have no smoking areas, too.
    Hi Magyar_lány.

Allen said to his critics, 'Ah, but if I hadn't have quit, then I would've got cancer earlier and died sooner....' (so he was still pleased that he quit and had some more years of his life left before he died.)

I think the EU's strict TPD laws make the smoking-ban the same in all of the EU-governed states.

One of the great things about quitting is people's breath, skin, clothes, hair and home smells much nicer.... their taste buds and sense of smell returns to normal and they can taste food properly again.... they no longer have smelly homes and furniture..... and their teeth and nails will no longer be stained to a smokers yellow and black, and they'll save thousands in money each year instead of burning money away in smoke and destroying their health and skin, eyes, brain, heart, etc.

The long list of the benefits of quitting far outweigh smoking.

After about 3 months of quitting, their breathing capacity starts to normalise, Each cigarette gives up 4000 combustible chemicals in the air, tar, carbon monoxide, etc... many of which are carcinogenic.

A lot of people would secretly like to quit and not have the constant feeling of craving a cigarette every 30 mins. It's a lonely and anti-social habit for people as they're forced to stand outside bars in the cold rain to smoke.

It also affects business profits each year for all the time and money lost whenever their employees go out for cigarette breaks a lot.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-19-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I'm not religious, but this gif trying to help encourage others to find the willpower and inner strength to quit smoking is funny...

It's nothing homophobic.... a 'fag' is a commonly-used word for a cigarette in the UK.

If a person in the UK asks, 'Have you got a spare fag please?' 'Do you want to smoke a fag?' 'Have you a spare light for my fag?' 'Do you have an ashtray for my fag-ash and fag butts?' ... they're referring to a cigarette, or a ciggy... but people who aren't from the UK may think they're referring to something gay. (Imagine the bewildered expressions on tourists faces when a British person asks them if they want a fag? )

A lot of people in the UK also like to eat faggots which means a popular and traditional term for a meatball food. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fa...w=1255&bih=658

'Spotted Dick' is the name for a popular dessert in the UK (Imagine the expressions on tourists faces when British people invite them to eat 'some faggots for dinner and spotted dick for dessert!' ) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fa...q=spotted+dick

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-19-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-19-2018 @ 03:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    like mannequins of the shop windows
    Politics
    I don't like proletarians(craftsmen workers) and their primitive descendants
    Religion
    I don't like uneducated people
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,654
    Given: 661

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBronzeBell View Post
    This is actually quite sad to hear. I've always held an interest in Hungary because of its unique history and prominence in central-eastern Europe in the past. Hungarian involvement in interesting points in history like the Third Crusade cannot be overlooked. In addition, with the three countries I feel Hungary shares the most similarity and common history with (those being Austria, Czechia, and Hungary, of course) I couldn't help but feel generally intrigued by Hungary because of it's somewhat unique culture in comparison to its two neighbors.

Anyway, to stay on topic - I still can't find it this report to be quite true, as I would think the countries that drive eastward would have more health problems if average life expectancy tables are found to be accurate.

Also, if I hear a lot of older Germans tend to move there once they retire because of the peaceful living it has to offer; so overall I never really heard anything bad about it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Crusade

FIFTH CRUSADE.
    Hungary and Germany[edit]

Oliver of Cologne had preached the crusade in Germany, and Emperor Frederick II attempted to join in 1215. Frederick was the last monarch Innocent wanted to join, as he had challenged the Papacy (and would do so in the years to come). Innocent died in 1216 and was succeeded by Pope Honorius III, who barred Frederick from participating, but organized crusading armies led by King Andrew II of Hungary and Leopold VI, Duke of Austria. Andrew had the largest royal army in the history of the crusades (20,000 knights and 12,000 castle-garrisons)

Holy Land[edit]

The first to take up the cross in the Fifth Crusade was King Andrew II of Hungary.[2] Andrew and his troops embarked on 23 August 1217, in Split. They were transported by the Venetian fleet, which was the largest European fleet in the era. They landed on 9 October on Cyprus from where they sailed to Acre and joined John of Brienne, ruler of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, Hugh I of Cyprus, and Prince Bohemond IV of Antioch to fight against the Ayyubids in Syria. Until his return to Hungary, king Andrew remained the leader of Christian forces in the Fifth Crusade.[3] In October 1217, the leaders of the crusaders - Masters of Hospitalers, Templars and Teutons with the leaders and dignitaries of the crusade - held a war council in Acre, over which King Andrew II presided.[4]
    In Jerusalem, the walls and fortifications were demolished to prevent the Christians from being able to defend the city, if they did manage to reach it and take it. Muslims fled the city, afraid that there would be a repeat of the bloodbath of the First Crusade in 1099.
    King Andrew's well-mounted army defeated sultan Al-Adil I at Bethsaida on the Jordan River on 10 November 1217. Muslim forces retreated in their fortresses and towns. The crusaders' catapults and trebuchets did not arrive in time, so they had fruitless assaults on the fortresses of the Lebanon and on Mount Tabor. Afterwards, Andrew spent his time collecting alleged relics. At the beginning of 1218 Andrew, who was very sick, decided to return to Hungary.[5][6]
    Andrew and his army departed to Hungary in February 1218, and Bohemund and Hugh also returned home.[6]

Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hobbit
    Country
    Belize
    Region
    Hawaii
    Hero
    myself
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,561
    Given: 5,401

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I'm not religious, but this gif trying to help encourage others to find the willpower and inner strength to quit smoking is funny...

I will show these pics to my mother-in-law. I'm sure she will stop smoking.
    "Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were heading for shore."

Ray Bradbury

Banned
    Last Online
    05-19-2018 @ 03:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    like mannequins of the shop windows
    Politics
    I don't like proletarians(craftsmen workers) and their primitive descendants
    Religion
    I don't like uneducated people
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,654
    Given: 661

0 Not allowed!

Slovaks drink more alcohol than Hungarians
    2015 WHO data for OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) countries[edit]

The following is a list of OECD countries by the total alcohol consumption per capita in litres of pure alcohol as published by the World Health Organization in 2015.[3]

Rank Country Alcohol consumption
    in litres
    Relative alcohol consumption
    1 Czech Republic 14.1
    2 Australia 12.6
    3 Portugal 12.5
    4 Slovakia 12.5
    5 Hungary 12.4
    6 United Kingdom 12.0
    7 Finland 11.9
    8 France 11.6
    9 Poland 11.5