View Poll Results: Is opposition to immigration primarily about race or culture?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Race

4 15.38%
  • Culture

6 23.08%
  • Both in equal measure

16 61.54%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is opposition to immigration primarily about race or culture?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,779

1 Not allowed!

Default Is opposition to immigration primarily about race or culture?

What I find interesting and paradoxical is that even the most virulent White Nationalists in Europe and North America usually have a tolerance and respect for East Asians, if not necessarily an actual liking for them. Certainly, the idea of mass immigration of Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, Thais, Vietnamese and Filipinos doesn't cause anything like the revulsion that Latin American immigration (primarily Mexican and Central American) immigration does for many in the US, or MENA immigration (in the past mostly Moroccans, Algerians and Turks, nowadays increasingly Syrians, Iraqis, Iranians and Afghans) does for many in Europe. So, is the main objection to these groups their cultural differences, or the fact that they look 'foreign'? Because if it is the latter, then it is grossly hypocritical and illogical to not thus also object to East Asians, who even when light-skinned NEVER EVER pass as White Europeans, in a way that a good number of MENAs and (needless to say) Latin Americans do.
    Last edited by Tooting Carmen; 07-23-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-28-2017 @ 11:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Gallo-Romance with a bit of Slavic.
    Ethnicity
    Québécois
    Ancestry
    Picard, Sardinian, Basque, Polish, Flemish, Gascon and some other ethnic group from so-called "South
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Acadia
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    Québécois
    Politics
    EAT YOUR HAIR
    Religion
    VIOLINIST
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,356
    Given: 7,733

2 Not allowed!

I am opposed to any non-European immigration on the European continent, therefore Asian or not. Today we can no longer have immigration, there are too many. So we must oppose any immigration outside Europe.

But apart from that, I have to admit that Asians, by their top IQ and others, are not comparable to other non-European. Personally, I have never seen a single Asian "scum" where I live. Most unbearable people in France are those who come from North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa; not Armenians, Georgians, Japanese (I've never seen a single one in real life, in my life), Chinese (I've only seen one in my life), and so on.

The only Asian I frequented was when I was in St. Joseph, a private school, he was the only Asian in the school and he was courteous enough and a very friendly person like his family.
    Flag Counter

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Enflamme View Post
    I am opposed to any non-European immigration on the European continent, therefore Asian or not. Today we can no longer have immigration, there are too many. So we must oppose any immigration outside Europe.

But apart from that, I have to admit that Asians, by their top IQ and others, are not comparable to other non-European. Personally, I have never seen a single Asian "scum" where I live. Most unbearable people in France are those who come from North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa; not Armenians, Georgians, Japanese (I've never seen a single one in real life, in my life), Chinese (I've only seen one in my life), and so on.

The only Asian I frequented was when I was in St. Joseph, a private school, he was the only Asian in the school and he was courteous enough and a very friendly person like his family.
    Here is a question to make you think: would you rather have mass immigration into France of Koreans or of (non-gypsy) Romanians? Because in terms of education and wealth, the former are rather superior to the latter...

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Culture.

I am not anti-immigration. But I don't care what race someone is. I only care if their way of life is so different from ours that their views and beliefs are oppressive. But I judge this on an individual basis, not a widespread one, because there is good and bad in every group.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

2 Not allowed!

The two go hand in hand. You can't have on without the other. I believe what we call culture is to a great extent a consequence of race. I don't think chinese or japanese will ever act black or vice versa.
    When people oppose immigration they don't like the immigrants' behavior, they dontgf about their skin color

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimage View Post
    The two go hand in hand. You can't have on without the other. I believe what we call culture is to a great extent a consequence of race. I don't think chinese or japanese will ever act black or vice versa.
    When people oppose immigration they don't like the immigrants' behavior, they dontgf about their skin color
    LOL in the US there are plenty of Asian-Americans (not most, but a good number) who act 'gangsta', like rap and hip-hop etc.

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 06:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,384
    Given: 296

0 Not allowed!

Culture. At least my country.
    In this respect Muslim and Roma seem to me the most opposed. However many Moroccans are quite well integrated in Italy

I never heard members of the right parties (Lega in primis) go against Hindus, Sikhs or Chinese or South Americans.
    There is some racism against blacks especially in older people or in less educated classes.
    1) Alpine,Dinaric,Mediterranean,Baltic and Nordic should be enough to identify most Europeans.
    2) These are not races, just examples of possible variants. Have fun with them but don’t take it seriously.
    3) No one is a Steppe Warrior or a Hunter Gatherer. Stop Frowning in your selfies to look badass, looks like you are taking a s*it.
    4) We are all WC: Westernized Consumers.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    LOL in the US there are plenty of Asian-Americans (not most, but a good number) who act 'gangsta', like rap and hip-hop etc.
    I thinking acting black means more than just being into hiphop.

Regarding east asians: people do not oppose them (as much) because they are more intelligent than latin americans and aframs, thus "behave better"

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-28-2017 @ 11:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Gallo-Romance with a bit of Slavic.
    Ethnicity
    Québécois
    Ancestry
    Picard, Sardinian, Basque, Polish, Flemish, Gascon and some other ethnic group from so-called "South
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Acadia
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    Québécois
    Politics
    EAT YOUR HAIR
    Religion
    VIOLINIST
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,356
    Given: 7,733

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Here is a question to make you think: would you rather have mass immigration into France of Koreans or of (non-gypsy) Romanians? Because in terms of education and wealth, the former are rather superior to the latter...
    My answer: it would already be necessary to have control over his immigration, especially in France, to be able to choose.

At the moment, non-European immigration from North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa dominates and there is no limitation, the current leaders let everyone in.

So answering this kind of question makes no sense, but I will try to answer it anyway:

Assuming that we have control over immigration and expelling a lot of extra-Europeans, you ask us to choose to accept again an extra-european (non european) immigration again in our country or a european immigration who have lower IQ but remain European?

You know very well that Europeans, in general, have an IQ really lower than the Japanese and the Chinese (for example), the difference is quite considerable. So whether it is Romanians educated or not, the IQ can not surpass that of a Japanese or a Chinese.

So I would opt for the second option, with a limitation.
    Flag Counter

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,162

0 Not allowed!

In the US its mostly culture and wanting to deport illegals (among the general population/ populists)
    When it comes to race, white nationalists (which I see as basically an American thing) want demographics kinda like before the 1960s immigration act (some might be separatists) within the US.

In Europe. Its about culture/religion but also race. It makes sense since Europe is historically a white continent.
    More have a problem with Muslims, and a smaller group with race.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information