R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,997

0 Not allowed!

Post American PUA on Eastern European men

I found an article written by this American PUA type who travels a lot. This is about his experiences from Russia and Ukraine, but I see some similarities with Poland (there are also some differences). The parts in bold are spot on, is it really bad though (he criticizes Eastern European men for this)?:

A common belief in the manosphere is that men in Russia or Ukraine are super alpha and should be held up as examples for Western men on how to act. They take no shit from women. They are firm and direct with their demands. They ooze masculinity that women love. After living in Russia and Ukraine for over 9 months, I can safely state that the picture is more complicated than that.

Slavic men give a great veneer of alpha to a Western observer witnessing a stoic dude with stiff body language walking with a hot girl, but if you dig deeper, you’ll find several beta traits. For example:

—Most are momma boys who are unable to cut the cord. It’s harder for them to live independently than a Western man.

—They are risk averse. While I’m sure you have seen crazy Youtube videos of drunk provincial Russians, educated Russians will not enter a transaction or deal with such a foolhardy or suicidal attitude. You also won’t find a Russian man decide to up and move to another country for no other reason than YOLO like many Westerners.

—They use a lot of compliments on women. They are not as profuse as Spanish and Italian men, but they are more compliment heavy than Western men. Many of them use compliments or drink buying to get conversations in the club started, with obviously no guarantee of success.

—They regularly buy their women flowers and chocolates. Because of that, girls get annoyed when I don’t do the same since it’s such a common behavior. You’re supposed to do it just because, not only for special occasions.

—They spend a lot of time in the friend zone. It’s quite common for relationships in this part of the world to start as friendship. Unlike American men, however, Russian and Ukrainian men are more likely to escape the friend zone
    , but it’s still not a certainty.

—They primarily want girlfriends, not notches. Most are serial monogamists. They get a girlfriend and spend most days of the week with her, developing a co-dependent type of relationship that often leads to marriage.

On the other hand, I’m not denying their alpha traits:

—They don’t put pussy on the pedestal like Western men. They clearly have a model of abundance when it comes to women. They can have this model because beautiful women are in true abundance.

—They aren’t afraid to escalate. They will touch and try to kiss quickly, and if the girl refuses, they will feign a look of surprise that says, “Why not?” They don’t care about the responses a girl gives them during an approach. Instead, they run their game program of spitting bullshit, buying little items, complimenting, and then escalating.

I’m not saying that Slavic men are beta, but if you account for their whole being, the average Slavic man is only marginally more alpha than the average Western man. The most alpha Western men would hold their own against the most alpha Slavic men.

In Russia I met some hardcore beta males who oneitis and pedestalization problems. If you read the manosphere all day, you’d think that a Russian beta doesn’t exist, but we’re beginning to see a more hipster culture with ambiguously gay stylings entrenching itself in Moscow and St. Petersburg among the middle class. When you think of a Slavic man, you’re probably imagining a gangster, gopnik, or oligarch, but the average Russian man on the street is not a true alpha and only wants a good 9-5 job and cute girlfriend. Don’t make the mistake of viewing the absolute top Slavic men as representative of them all.

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 05:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Blökumenn
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Hero
    Vlad The Impala
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,070
    Given: 899

0 Not allowed!

Most of them also apply to Romanian men.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,759
    Given: 8,734

0 Not allowed!

Being a gopnick is alpha? Did the signification change since the last time I was in eastern europe?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,997

0 Not allowed!

Gopnicks are probably not a bigger % of Russian society than chavs are of British society.

I suppose that they were more numerous in the late 1980s and in the 1990s though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
    the last time I was in eastern europe
    When and where was that?

Last Online
    01-01-2020 @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian/Danish/Frisian
    Country