Hero
    Car Dušan
    Religion
    Serbian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 968
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Not true, perhaps they are only lighter than Macedonians and eastern Bulgarians.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,439
    Given: 1,346

0 Not allowed!

Do Albanians look like Serbs?

"No. Of course the differences are only approximate but it is often very easy to tell a Serb from an Albanian in Kosovo long before he or she opens his mouth.

"The Serbs often have black or dark brown hair and are generally darker and more heavily built than Albanians. Their appearance is fairly typical of southern Slavs. By contrast, the Kosovars look Celtic to a British eye. They have curly hair, which is often blonde or rust coloured, and their skin tends to be very pale and covered in freckles. Their eyes are often green or blue and their build is much more slender than that of the Serbs. They have longer heads. It is not surprising that they look so different as they belong to different races that have
    very rarely intermarried." (Marcus Tanner, 'WAR IN THE BALKANS: THE
    BALKAN QUESTION; KEY ISSUES BEHIND THE WAR EXPLAINED', The Independent,
    11 May 1999).

full:
    http://www.leninology.com/2008/04/ma...n-wartime.html

Banned
    Last Online
    11-25-2017 @ 03:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic-Sarmatian-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2-CTS10228
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid + minor Dinarid
    Politics
    Serbian Nationalism
    Hero
    Car Dušan
    Religion
    Serbian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Those are Montenegrins you Analbanian imbecile, Coon never been in Serbia.

Montenegrins are similar in pigmentantion as Ghegs, both are darker than Serbs.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Serbo Makeridov View Post
    Those are Montenegrins you Analbanian imbecile, Coon never been in Serbia.

Montenegrins are similar in pigmentantion as Ghegs, both are darker than Serbs.
    Montenigrins were described as lightest Serbs while East Serbs were the darkest and Serbian anthropologists said its from mixing with vlachs apparently.

I also noticed many south slavs are dark like hercegovinians, bosniaks, serbs, dalmatians and bulgarians, all said to of had Vlach Atlanto Med blood... while Vlachs in Eastern Croatia I think it was were described as lighter and more blonde than ones in west or was the other way around , dont remember, so even a pigmentational difference seems to exist and these light and darker features in the Balkans are very old and intermediate mixed since ancient times as skull finding show but darker genes really seem to of dominated more in some South Slavs. Theres a difference between Albanians in pigmentation too probably based on where they live through natural selection certain phenotypes are more dominant than others such as more meds in malsia gjakoves , malsia dukagjinit which had the darkest malsors and then borreby in gruda, nordics in zadrima etc etc.

.. the quote i posted i think only describes one type of kosovar look as theres a meditrarrean strain blended in there too which makes us darker than central europeans and why the map says evenly but still lighter than some south slavs who seem pred. Dark even though more northern.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2-CTS10228
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Serbian Nationalism
    Hero
    Car Dušan
    Religion
    Serbian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyTheKid View Post
    Montenigrins were described as lightest Serbs while East Serbs were the darkest and Serbian anthropologists said its from mixing with vlachs apparently.

I also noticed many south slavs are dark like hercegovinians, bosniaks, serbs, dalmatians and bulgarians, all said to of had Vlach Atlanto Med blood... while Vlachs in Eastern Croatia I think it was were described as lighter and more blonde than ones in west or was the other way around , dont remember, so even a pigmentational difference seems to exist and these light and darker features in the Balkans are very old and intermediate mixed since ancient times as skull finding show but darker genes really seem to of dominated more in some South Slavs. Theres a difference between Albanians in pigmentation too probably based on where they live through natural selection certain phenotypes are more dominant than others such as more meds in malsia gjakoves , malsia dukagjinit which had the darkest malsors and then borreby in gruda, nordics in zadrima etc etc.

.. the quote i posted i think only describes one type of kosovar look as theres a meditrarrean strain blended in there too which makes us darker than central europeans and why the map says evenly but still lighter than some south slavs who seem pred. Dark even though more northern.
    Serbs from western Serbia and Bosnia are lighter on average than Serbs from eastern and southern Serbia.

The darkest people in Serbia (not counting Gypsies) are Muslims from Sandzak and people from eastern Serbia, the lightest are from western Serbia and from some parts of Vojvodina.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

3 Not allowed!

''Southern Slavs'' are much lighter than Albanians in general, no wonder, since Albanians have much more mediterranean genetics.

And this map doesn't show Slovenians and Croats darker than Ghegs.

Lol, at the ''dark'' Dalmatians, total BS. Light eyes are around half in Dalmatia and light hair around 20-30%.

Ang genetics confirms my stetements, Albanians are among darkest Europeans, nothing wrong about that.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

BTW, I haven't heards for Vlachs in eastern Croatia. Only Vlachs we have are in Istria, small Transylvanian Istro-Romanian community, and they are not dark, because they mixed with locals.

''Vlachs'' of southern Croatia are Croats and Serbs so they can't be dark, since they don't have Vlach origin just were sheperds, Romanice-speaking Vlachs never existed in these lands (they exist in eastern Serbia)

People from islands and coast call all Croats (and Serbs) in hinterlands ''Vlachs'' and their region ''Wallachia'', not because of different origin but because they were looked down upon as it was poor and pretty undeveloped area. Ethnically there's no difference.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2-CTS10228
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Serbian Nationalism
    Hero
    Car Dušan
    Religion
    Serbian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Even Macedonians have more North European DNA (autosomal), than Albanians.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    ''Southern Slavs'' are much lighter than Albanians in general, no wonder, since Albanians have much more mediterranean genetics.

And this map doesn't show Slovenians and Croats darker than Ghegs.

Lol, at the ''dark'' Dalmatians, total BS. Light eyes are around half in Dalmatia and light hair around 20-30%.

Ang genetics confirms my stetements, Albanians are manong darkest Europeans, nothing wrong about that.
    I never said it shows Slovenians or Croats darker but it shows a large chunk of south slavs darker.

Lol @ much lighter. South Slavs are some of the swarthiest people ive seen lmao. If anything , they are white washed on these forums. Not to mention avar blood, mena blood etc.

Those numbers would still leave rest of Dalmatians darker but we need to remember vlachs got light features too.

Sure Albanians can be dark but they can also be light which is why it says evenly and also from my irl observations.

South Slavs are also among darkest Europeans. Nothing wrong about that. I didn't mean of course all south slavs, actually map shows Croats and Gheg as same now that you mention it. The darker spot seems to be western Montenegro or hercegovina, but it shows Ghegs lighter than many south slavs like bulgarians, macedonians and some Serbs. And from my real life observation some south slavs are really swarthy.

Genetics and genotype dont always go together as certain genes can be more dominant than others.

And what genetics exactly? A lot of Northern european dna on Albanians is ancient + med .. but south slavs got other components that are not med or north euro that dont exist on Albanians

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information