Religion
    Sethianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 243

0 Not allowed!

Default "Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters"

https://www.glamour.com/story/hookin...er_glamourmain

"When someone asks about my worst hookup, I have plenty of options to choose from, but I inevitably end up telling the same story. It’s the one where I started arguing with a Trump supporter at a bar and then before I knew it, I was waking up the next morning in his bedroom. There were flags everywhere: Ronald Reagan's face was emblazoned on one of them, “Don’t Tread On Me” made an appearance on another. I say it was the “worst” not because the sex was bad, but because, well, see above.

This was in early 2016 and—while it doesn’t excuse my choice of partner—it was before Pussygate, before the suggestion of violence against his opponents,, and before the realities of a Trump presidency really set in. So while I found a lot of his comments abhorrent, hooking up with one of his supporters wasn't quite the moral conundrum to me that it would become a few months later.

To my own surprise, we kept hooking up and—despite the fact that our political opinions were diametrically opposed—it didn't feel weird. When we texted, we'd naturally argue about politics, but also about other things, like if corn or flour tortillas made for the best tacos, or whether Drake or Kendrick Lamar was the better rapper (I said Kendrick, of course). When we met up in person, that pent-up anger would turn into frustration, which would turn into a sort of competitive tension that resulted, inevitably, in sex.

I knew we'd never be anything more to each other than a hookup, but I didn’t care. The sex was hot, and it was uncomplicated in the sense that neither of us expected—or even really wanted—any strings attached. And since I was confident in my political convictions, all that witty banter about tax codes, emails, and border walls was the foreplay I never knew I needed.

I assumed it was a onetime experiment, but shortly after we ended things I started sleeping with yet another Trumpster who I was inexplicably attracted to. This, I'm sorry to say, was after Trump had secured the nomination, but in my defense I was still pretty certain we were going to elect Hillary Clinton, so I could ignore the fact that this guy's family wore MAGA hats. Harder to ignore was his conviction that if Clinton won, we would automatically go to war—with which country, he couldn’t say, but he was certain that a woman president would lead to war because…emotions, maybe? I have no idea. He was ill-informed, sexist, and loved to start arguments with me.

But once again the thrill of the election and the friction of our differences made the passion so much more palpable in bed. So I pushed aside his ingrained bigotry and instead let it wash over me, filling me with a desire to prove him wrong—or maybe to just be on top of him.

As much as I don't like the idea of sleeping with people whose values are clearly the opposite of my own, I can’t seem to stop, especially since the election. I’m an extremely competitive person and knowing that the guy I’m with is on the “winning” team (even though I’m still correct) just forces that competitiveness into overdrive. Even when my annoyance with Trump and his supporters turns into depression, anxiety, and frustration, I still get an odd sense of vindication after sleeping with one of them.

And it’s by no means just a way to feed into that whole “What if I can change him?” cliché. I don’t need any of these Trumpsters to actually like me. It’s merely because I’ve discovered that crazy political tension also makes for great sexual tension.

Plus, in an odd way, sleeping with Trump supporters reaffirms my own political and personal values. I don’t think I could ever have a serious relationship with a one—I can’t be with someone who won’t understand why the news sometimes causes me to burst into tears, or why I want to throw my phone across the room after reading the President’s latest tweet. For me, differing political ideologies are a deal breaker. But that only makes me more OK with accepting these flings for what they are: Opportunities for excellent hate-sex. And to be able to walk away unbothered, unburdened, and sexually satisfied makes me feel powerful at a time when many people with my liberal leanings have never felt less in control.

Is this a sustainable pattern? Probably not. For one, it occasionally brings me added stress and it isn’t really the kind of relationship I want in the long run. But for right now I can highly recommend hooking up with someone whose politics you hate.

As long as you don’t forget to vote."

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

2 Not allowed!

Women can be play progressive politics to the max but they can never stop being women.And a woman always wants a strong manly man.

Have you seen the young progressive males in America?

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

1 Not allowed!

I think this girl has mental problems, as does the large part of them, like whoever participated in showing their tears on social media when Clinton lost.

Last Online
    08-20-2023 @ 07:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    French canadian
    Ancestry
    Northern France
    Country
    Quebec
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H1
    Religion
    Sethianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    Women can be play progressive politics to the max but they can never stop being women.And a woman always wants a strong manly man.

Have you seen the young progressive males in America?
    Yeah they are pretty pitiful. Many of these "men" think becoming a feminist's lapdog will give them an easy ticket to a women's pants. Very pathetic indeed.

Last Online
    08-20-2023 @ 07:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    French canadian
    Ancestry
    Northern France
    Country
    Quebec
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H1
    Religion
    Sethianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by metalAphrodite View Post
    I think this girl has mental problems, as does the large part of them, like whoever participated in showing their tears on social media when Clinton lost.
    Yes it's very common for leftist extremists to have mental problems.

Last Online
    01-01-2020 @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian/Danish/Frisian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Hero
    Canute the Great
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41,637
    Given: 16,016

2 Not allowed!

10/10 thread.

Visayan Warrior
    Last Online
    04-30-2018 @ 02:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Filipino-American
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    O1a1*
    mtDNA
    E1a1a
    Taxonomy
    Deutromalayid + Palaungid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 28

0 Not allowed!

Sex trumps politics.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Yes it's very common for leftist extremists to have mental problems.

Thread Information