Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Paganism our only hope against Islam?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfhere View Post
    The Archbishop of Canterbury wants us to adopt Sharia Law.
    If this is so, he's just one of the appeasers who're making things even worse for Christians. Constant appeasement will only embolded the barbarians, who willl only make more and more outrageous demands.

I'm no Christian, yet I distinctly remember Jesus speaking of such religious leaders (he was talking to the Jewish religious leaders) as being whitewashed tombs, full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

Christian leaders like this want to accept Muslim barbarians as brothers who worship the same God.

More enlightened pagan beliefs, like Stoicism, would regard them as ignorant fools to be either avoided or converted to a more tolerant and right-thinking view of the world; violence would be the last resort, but it shouldn't be avoided. More robust forms of paganism, say Asatru, would simply go out and fight the Muslims if they proved to be too big of a menace.

Last Online
    05-14-2012 @ 12:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
    Not really. They only defended their interests.
    Well, I am sure most Hungarians would prefer adopting the religion at the time than losing their land to the Turks.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish, English, Ulster Scots, Welsh
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Robert E. Lee, St. Nicholas
    Religion
    Christian Identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,547
    Given: 2,118

0 Not allowed!

The Archbishop of Canterbury wants us to adopt Sharia Law.
    This may be so, but he is only one man. But even if it is true that many Christian leaders now think like him, there are still many in the rank and file who would stand against Islam.
    Why the Holocaust™ is a Fable.__________Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

I retain copyright to all original content I post on The Apricity. Notice posted on June 13, 2020.
    "Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments, I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen!" Martin Luther (1483-1547)

Last Online
    06-15-2012 @ 01:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cro-Mag Powah!
    Ethnicity
    WASPy
    Ancestry
    Norman Overlords
    Country
    Quebec
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Anglo Norman
    Politics
    Libertarian Nationalism, Pan Occidentalism
    Religion
    Episcopal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

For nearly all of history Christianity hasn't "shirked away from violence" either. Much of it does not now... This is a rather primitive take on things- that the prevailing mythos somehow has something to do with the current problems, because we are appeasing the wrong gods? Maybe we haven't sacrificed enough virgins to the volcano too??

The fact is Paganism and Christianity share an equally violent history, it's just that they have been emasculated by modern multiculturalism. In fact the PC orthodoxy has replaced the church as the primary distributor of ignorance in the modern world. Complete with heresy charges, inquisitions and the whole lot... This regime is just as stupid, ignorant, and regressive as the church. It impedes more developed understanding of the world, and impedes scientific progress in much the same way as the Church did. It imprisons people who commit modern day heresy (point out passages in the Koran which say it's okay to fck children and beat your wife, openly study racial differences etc). This modern day orthodoxy is holding back the progress of western civilization in much the same way that the Christian orthodoxy did.

Christianity or Paganism wont make a difference if it's some watered down, modernized, PC orthodoxy version of either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamedes View Post
    Not pagan religion per se, which is merely a collection of stories, rites, and rituals, but the pagan mindset that the old tales speak of: bravery, civic duty, devotion to the family, hard work, honesty, loyalty to one's friends, perhaps a certain craftiness ala Odysseus, aggressive warlikeness (i.e. not shirking away from violence), etc.

Christianity has only failed because these lionlike qualities are now lionized in the name of universal brotherhood and divine forgiveness of sins.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Death
    Ethnicity
    Death
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

Not that many. You're thinking of New Agers.
    Actually most of those who use the term pagan to describe themselves, at least in my country, also support some form of multicultural agenda. And are even open borderline Marxists, who want to stamp out Heathens such as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamedes View Post
    Modern paganism is, by and large, a divided house. Paganism won't be able to resist the barbarians simply because it has no real cohesion. Paganism might be able to fulfill someone's spiritual needs, but it has no sociopolitical power with which to fight the barbarians. A house divided against itself cannot stand, as has been said.
    Indeed, as it stands now it are mostly a lot of small groups, with some larger groups of still moderate size. With also a more anarchistic nature to a certain degrees.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-01-2014 @ 10:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    germanic/Latin
    Ethnicity
    White CARIBBEAN
    Ancestry
    Germany,Italy, England,Sweden France,
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Maybe if Islam became the majority, Christians in Europe would start acting like that. I hope we never have to find out.
    i hope it does not come to that for you guys either but maybe that is what england needs to get its people serious about there culture and there Religion.

Last Online
    06-26-2022 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Groenewolf View Post
    Actually most of those who use the term pagan to describe themselves, at least in my country, also support some form of multicultural agenda. And are even open borderline Marxists, who want to stamp out Heathens such as myself.
    That's quite distressing to hear. It's not like that here.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

In terms of existential views of the self, noble forms of paganism have a higher view of the self than Christianity does.

Paganism is bottom-up, viewing the divine and man from the perspective of man himself. Man is the active creator of his own myths and religious values herein, even if he accepts an ultimate source of divine authority.

Christianity is top-down, viewing the divine and man from the perspective of the Deity itself. Man is merely the passive recipient of sacred writ, and largely has no will nor purpose save what God gives to him.

This isn't a complete truism, but one of my main problems with Christianity is that it doesn't really fulfill the needs of anyone with a healthy ego. The psychological damage that can be done from a constant fear of punishment and damnation, for example, or the constant petitioning of God to perform magic tricks on one's behalf.. Well, my view of God is summed up in a statement from Poor Richard's Almanac: God helps those who help themselves.

Amen, brother Ben Franklin.
    Last edited by Cato; 12-24-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

It depends greatly on what country you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaland View Post
    This may be so, but he is only one man. But even if it is true that many Christian leaders now think like him, there are still many in the rank and file who would stand against Islam.
    The ARchbishop IS fairly representative of English Christianity, of ALL major denominations. They've dwindled to a tiny core of old women and weirdos. I went to a carol service myself a fortnight or so ago, and the vicar was a right inoffensive narrow-shouldered hippy type. He made us sing pathetic crap modern carols that nobody knows and are all about the gayest parts of Christianity. One part was especially cringeworthy; he actually got out a CD player and made us listen to some shit happy-clappy sugar-coated bullshit song. A right rubbish tinny little sound it made in the old stone Norman church. I was disgusted. This vicar covers about twelve or so parishes, to give you an idea of how the Church of England has had to 'cut back' given collapsing attendance and contributions.

In England's case, it's too late for Christianity to save us. There's NO way that this religion would get its act together in time, OR overcome its fractious divisions. And ultimately, the very creed is ineffectual against a more aggressive totalitarian ideology like Islam.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,956
    Given: 45,027

0 Not allowed!

Not that many. You're thinking of New Agers.
    I think New Agery is much more popular and faster-growing than paganism. But then again, it is sometimes hard to draw the line between the two. The trend these days seems to be a loosely-defined self-exploratory spirituality that the individual customizes to his own preference. The days of strict religious dogma is over, I think. Don't put too much faith in a dogmatised sort of paganism/heathenry. It ain't gonna happen in England.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information