Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Paganism our only hope against Islam?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 06:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Ireland, England
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfhere View Post
    If you want a bunch of paedophiles telling you what to think, go to the Catholic Church.
    Or the Daughters of Frya priestess training college.

You should pay a great detail of attention to this portion of his post:

Just remember you are not a mighty lion on the hunt. You are a scavenger circling above. You are a hound waiting to grovel for the leftovers from your master's table. You are weak. You yourself are not facing down your enemy. You are too impotent and flaccid to do so. So you watch from the sidelines and boast the kill as your own.
    As it describes you to a T. You'd shit a brick and keep quiet if some Muhammad Abdul from Leicester asked you what you thought of his religion and his god.

Then again, you have trolled Muslim boards from behind the safety of your computer screen, so you do technically encounter and challenge Muslims, I suppose

Last Online
    06-26-2022 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wynfrith View Post
    Or the Daughters of Frya priestess training college.

You should pay a great detail of attention to this portion of his post:

As it describes you to a T. You'd shit a brick and keep quiet if some Muhammad Abdul from Leicester asked you what you thought of his religion and his god.

Then again, you have trolled Muslim boards from behind the safety of your computer screen, so you do technically encounter and challenge Muslims, I suppose
    How can you possibly know what I'd say if some Abdul said that to me? In fact, I have always given robust responses to just such questions from them.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Silver Ravenwolf is not representative of Pagans.
    Unfortunately you may be quite wrong. The image "paganism" has is definitely more Silver Ravenwolf than it is Steve McNallen or even Guido von List for that matter. Our ancestors have been co-opted by the Wiccans for their neo-hippie lovefests in Salem, and we do need to deal with the Wiccan and neo-Pagan threat as much as any other.

I rather like Evola's approach, which I derive from a combination of his essays "Imperialistic Paganism" and "Against the Neo-Pagans", both often used individually and quite contrary to their original purpose. Ultimately, neo-Paganism will never be anything but a degeneration and an enemy of the West, an aid for invading hordes. Christianity, though, does not have the vigour to embolden the broad masses of Europeans to self-defence, which requires a new birth of Paganism that is virulent and organised in all the ways Christianity once was.

In short, I don't think Paganism is "the only hope" against Mohammedanism, since secular atheism seems to work too, but it's certainly the most desirable, if we could generate a Paganism that can recognise all the strengths of Christianity and arm itself with them. Adopting Christian methodology does not mean internalising Christian ethics or Christianity itself, and when the Folkish Heathens and their southern European counterparts recognise this, we'll be halfway to the Pagan rebirth that everyone is falsely convinced has already occurred.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wagnerian View Post
    Unfortunately you may be quite wrong. The image "paganism" has is definitely more Silver Ravenwolf than it is Steve McNallen or even Guido von List for that matter. Our ancestors have been co-opted by the Wiccans for their neo-hippie lovefests in Salem, and we do need to deal with the Wiccan and neo-Pagan threat as much as any other.

I rather like Evola's approach, which I derive from a combination of his essays "Imperialistic Paganism" and "Against the Neo-Pagans", both often used individually and quite contrary to their original purpose. Ultimately, neo-Paganism will never be anything but a degeneration and an enemy of the West, an aid for invading hordes. Christianity, though, does not have the vigour to embolden the broad masses of Europeans to self-defence, which requires a new birth of Paganism that is virulent and organised in all the ways Christianity once was.

In short, I don't think Paganism is "the only hope" against Mohammedanism, since secular atheism seems to work too, but it's certainly the most desirable, if we could generate a Paganism that can recognise all the strengths of Christianity and arm itself with them. Adopting Christian methodology does not mean internalising Christian ethics or Christianity itself, and when the Folkish Heathens and their southern European counterparts recognise this, we'll be halfway to the Pagan rebirth that everyone is falsely convinced has already occurred.
    It's quite likely, based on all I've heard, that Paganism in America is far more New Agey than it is in England.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's quite likely, based on all I've heard, that Paganism in America is far more New Agey than it is in England.
    I don't know about that. The Odinic Rite has its fair share of kooky neo-pagan types, and those gatherings at Stonehenge certainly smack an awful lot of Wiccan/Thelemic hedonism rather than genuine religion.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 06:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Ireland, England
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

How can you possibly know what I'd say if some Abdul said that to me?
    Your overall disingenuous character betrays any sense of dignity you might wish to convey.

In fact, I have always given robust responses to just such questions from them.
    I don't believe you.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wagnerian View Post
    I don't know about that. The Odinic Rite has its fair share of kooky neo-pagan types, and those gatherings at Stonehenge certainly smack an awful lot of Wiccan/Thelemic hedonism rather than genuine religion.
    You get all sorts, but in my experience most Pagans tend to be the very antithesis of New Agers. Take a look at this, for example.

http://frya.angelfire.com/

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Your overall disingenuous character betrays any sense of dignity you might wish to convey.
    I'm not sure this bickering between you two is really helping the discussion along at all. Surely we can put aside emotions by taking a break from the thread for a little while and then rejoining with more thoughtful offerings? It usually works for me if I just give myself 20 minutes and a cup of tea.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't believe you.
    Then you are accusing me of lying, and I have nothing further to say to you.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You get all sorts, but in my experience most Pagans tend to be the very antithesis of New Agers. Take a look at this, for example.

http://frya.angelfire.com/
    Well that's promising, but also seems somewhat isolated. Mohammedanism isn't just a threat to England, it's all over the West. Though, it would be nice if we could get seminaries and that sort of thing going to produce a class of goðar, I have to admit...

Have you seen my proposal for a Heathen Canon by the way? If you like this Priestess of Frya thing, I feel like we might have a lot to talk about.

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information