Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

2 Not allowed!

@Dibran: Our relation could be from the village of Zabzun, you mentioned being related to a family in Dibra called Stafa and I found out that there is a family in Zabzun by the name of Stafa and I have a great-grandmother who comes from this village and they have the surname Lloshi
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo-Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 81

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    So all he would need is Y37 to establish if we are a paternal match? I emailed asking if he has already done, or plans to. I can certainly offer to donate to the Albanian DNA project for his test on his behalf should he be interested.
    Alternatively, if you'd like to pay for his test, you can just make the order yourself, as long as you have his info. You may order through our project and get $20 discount: https://www.familytreedna.com/group-...es&code=B11086

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trojet View Post
    Alternatively, if you'd like to pay for his test, you can just make the order yourself, as long as you have his info. You may order through our project and get $20 discount: https://www.familytreedna.com/group-...es&code=B11086
    Couldn't he also buy Y12 first and then upgrade to Y37 straight after to get it at an even more discounted price, or is it not worth it this way?

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo-Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 81

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Couldn't he also buy Y12 first and then upgrade to Y37 straight after to get it at an even more discounted price, or is it not worth it this way?
    He can do that, but it will cost him more. Y-DNA12 is $59, the upgrade from Y12 to Y37 is $99, so a total $158. (Unless he does the upgrade during a sale).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

He can do that, but it will cost him more. Y-DNA12 is $59, the upgrade from Y12 to Y37 is $99, so a total $158. (Unless he does the upgrade during a sale).
    Oh yh true. The Y37 from the project is $149 so it's better for him to do it this way

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 10:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Albanian from Okshtuni Vogel, Diber, Albania
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L1029* (terminal founder clade not yet defined)
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Non Denominational Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 1,855

0 Not allowed!

@Dibran: Our relation could be from the village of Zabzun, you mentioned being related to a family in Dibra called Stafa and I found out that there is a family in Zabzun by the name of Stafa and I have a great-grandmother who comes from this village and they have the surname Lloshi
    You could be related to the Stafa who settled in Shkodra that maybe went further into Montegro. Is the Stafa you match E-V13? My maternal grandmothers nephew from her son was E-V13. If the Stafa you match is the same, I reckon our connection is through my paternal Grandmother who was more directly related to Selman Stafas line in Okshtuni Madhe, Diber Vogel.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yea, We'll see what he says if he even responds to my email. It would be interesting if we do match.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I can get 150 together in a month. Its a small price for greater understanding in my paternal ancestors.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    You could be related to the Stafa who settled in Shkodra that maybe went further into Montegro. Is the Stafa you match E-V13? My maternal grandmothers nephew from her son was E-V13. If the Stafa you match is the same, I reckon our connection is through my paternal Grandmother who was more directly related to Selman Stafas line in Okshtuni Madhe, Diber Vogel.
    It wasn't a match, I found out about this when I looked up Qemal Stafa lol. I hope that in the future I will test out the majority of my family, I am going to 100% test my mothers father line and maybe after that I would like to test my paternal grandmothers father line who are from a village in Zadrima which is a region of Shkodra and my uncle once suggested that they could be related to a guy called Llesh nik Daka who was an Albanian fighter who fought alongside another fighter by the name of Gjeto Coku who was from Kelmendi originally against the Ottomans during the Balkan wars iirc, They fought around the area of bregu i mates in Lezhe although iirc Llesh nik Daka came from Shkodra or maybe even Malsia but idk really apart from the fact that there is some relation that we have with him. My great-Grandfather was the bajraktar or Kryeplak of the village of Pacram in Zadrima up until the communists killed him and removed his fis from power in the village and changed their surname from Daka to Kulla for one branch(the one my grandmother comes from) and Frashni for the other branch

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Interesting, he definitely is Albanian judging by that 94% Balkan and he could very well be a Koci judging by the ydna. It's funny that my mothers side also have people who migrated to Turkey ages ago and are still there, idk if they have kept their surname though
    So he responded to me. And this makes sense as we have been intermarrying with people from shkup for some time. My Koci ancestors went to Turkey more than 2 generations ago. at least 8. If his great grandfather was a turkish officer in Macedonia, then I reckon its probably Z93, or maybe assimilated Bulgar/Macedonian. Considering the link is recent, its probably shared DNA in this case.

He Said: "both my grandfather's were from Skup. one grandmother is from djakova and another grandmother is from a village in Turkey. afaik, a great grandfather was a zaptiye in skup and did not have any family name as per ottoman turkish tradition.. i havnt tested any further than this but i am considering."

His family Surnames: Aybasti, Aydin, Dulatahu, Tafarshiku

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information