Religion
    Christian Identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,542
    Given: 2,113

0 Not allowed!

Default Persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt

Car Bomb Kills 21 at Coptic Church in Egypt

"Authorities inspect the site of a car bomb that targeted midnight Christian worshippers outside the Al-Qiddissine (The Saints) church in the Egyptian port city of Alexandria this morning"

A car bombing outside a church killed 21 people in Egypt's northern city of Alexandria as worshippers gathered to mark the New Year.

The Interior Ministry said 24 people were also wounded in the bombing, which prompted hundreds of Christians to take to the streets in protest.
    Full story
    Last edited by Eldritch; 01-03-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Why the Holocaust™ is a Fable.__________Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

I retain copyright to all original content I post on The Apricity. Notice posted on June 13, 2020.
    "Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments, I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen!" Martin Luther (1483-1547)

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Egyptian Copts and police clash

Egyptian Coptic Christians angered by a deadly bombing at a church in Alexandria have clashed with police for a second day

Hundreds demonstrated in Alexandria, Egypt's second city, and Cairo, the capital, calling for better protection for Christians.

In Cairo, protests were reported at St Mark's Coptic cathedral and elsewhere.

Meanwhile, police were holding several people for questioning over Saturday's bombing, which left 21 dead.

There was no evidence that they were directly linked to the attack, officials said.

No-one has claimed responsibility for the bombing, which happened in the early hours of Saturday, though analysts say suspicion is likely to fall on Islamist radicals inspired by al-Qaeda.

Officials initially thought the attack was caused by a car bomb, but later said it was a suicide bomber standing in a crowd.

Authorities have reportedly stepped up security around all churches over the last two days.

Christians in the Coptic Orthodox Church make up about 10% of Egypt's population, most of whom are Muslims.

Tear gas

In Cairo on Sunday, demonstrators heckled government ministers who came to St Mark's, the seat of Orthodox Pope Shenouda, to offer condolences.

The car of one minister was pelted with stones.

Protesters clashed with riot police as they tried to break out, and demonstrations continued into the night, Reuters reported.

Another report said some Christians spilled onto nearby streets, attacking cars and protesting outside government buildings.

"Pope Shenouda, have a care. We are youth. We will protect you with our blood," the protesters were quoted as saying.

"Revolution, revolution in Egypt, in all churches of Egypt."

In Alexandria, protesters were dispersed by police firing tear gas.

The government said it had stepped up security measures outside churches after the Islamic State of Iraq, a militant umbrella group that includes al-Qaeda in Iraq, threatened the Copts of Egypt at the end of October.

In recent months, Copts have complained of discrimination. Some Muslims have accused churches of holding converts to Islam against their will.

The attack has been strongly condemned in Egypt and abroad.

President Hosni Mubarak urged Egypt's Muslims and Christians to stand united against terrorism, saying it bore the hallmark of "foreign hands" seeking to destabilise Egypt.

At the Vatican, Pope Benedict called it a "vile gesture", while US President Barack Obama has described it as a "heinous act".

On Saturday, thousands of people attended funerals for the victims at a monastery outside Alexandria.

Source: BBC.

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 09:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Old
    Hero
    José Antonio Primo de Rivera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 63

0 Not allowed!

Christians-sadly-are not going do anything to defend themselves these days of "Christian peace and love". For example, the anonymous internet group hacked the Vatican site for a couple of days. Their reply- from Liberal Catholic blogs- has been: pax and amour. They nearly picked their guitars and signed with the peace symbol. How much damage they are causing... Godfrey of Bouillon, pls come back. Deus lo vult

Banned
    Last Online
    08-25-2012 @ 12:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Politics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresa Salvaje View Post
    Christians-sadly-are not going do anything to defend themselves these days of "Christian peace and love". For example, the anonymous internet group hacked the Vatican site for a couple of days. Their reply- from Liberal Catholic blogs- has been: pax and amour. They nearly picked their guitars and signed with the peace symbol. How much damage they are causing... Godfrey of Bouillon, pls come back. Deus lo vult
    Please don't compare Copts being mass murdered by muslims to silly internet hackers hacking the vatican site.

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 09:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Old
    Hero
    José Antonio Primo de Rivera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 63

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by European Loyalist View Post
    Please don't compare Copts being mass murdered by muslims to silly internet hackers hacking the vatican site.
    I didn't
    I described the general attitude of postconciliar Catholics (especially) towards agressions against Christianity in any shape and colour.

Last Online
    04-17-2019 @ 09:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish and some Belarussian
    Country
    Poland
    Politics
    hardline rightist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresa Salvaje View Post
    I didn't
    I described the general attitude of postconciliar Catholics (especially) towards agressions against Christianity in any shape and colour.
    What can we expect after the bishops who organize "days of judaism" in the Catholic Church?

In Poland our bishops censor books which describe the crimes of Muslims and Jews against Catholics

Thread Information