Last Online
    12-12-2020 @ 01:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

This reminds me when I went to Cervantes Institute and there were southamericans teaching ''spanish'', they were teaching southamerican, ofc and when I started to talk to some dutch girl she talked like a southamerican...it sounded awful.

Southamerican: ''Ahorita nos vamos a tomar una banana''.
    Castilian: ''Ahora vamos a comer un plátano.''

I plenty recommend you CASTILIAN, sounds elegant, neat and pure. Southamerican is awful. Like hearing a bunch of monkeys trying to speak castilian, distorting the pure version of castilian.

Southamerican lost that european Latin root which sounds so nice on pure languages as castilian or italian...they introduce indian words and make it sound disgusting.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-20-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Argentine
    Ancestry
    Vajdaság
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticTemplar View Post
    I agree, go and learn the pure form of the language. But be warned that Castilian Spanish is drastically different from South American Spanish. It's more than just an accent, and it is hard for Castilians to understand SA Spanish. On paper it looks more or less the same, but when people talk it might as well be another language.

Take for instance me; I can speak fluent Portuguese and I can have a good conversation in Portuguese. However whenever I meet Brazilians, I can hardly understand a word of what they are saying. So it may not be of much use to you unless you plan to move to Spain. My recommendation is if you want to use it more often in the United States, learn South American Spanish. But if you want the pure form of the language, then go Castilian.
    You don't know what the hell you're talking about. First, There's no "South American" Spanish. I sound nothing like a Mexican or a Chilean. Second, although recognizably different, the changes are not so drastic and you will be able to understand any other Spanish speaker unless it's too extreme. From my Argentinean perspective the most horrible and lowclass sounding dialects are Chilean, Caribbean and Andalusian respectively (which are somehow related, except Chilean has a Mapuche "overtone" and Andalusian sounds Arabic or berber influenced). If you want to learn Castillian, don't learn the southern variants. I have friends from Zaragoza and they're the most clear sounding ones.

All dialects evolved in different manners, and under different influences, I speak the way I'm supposed to speak in my country and I don't care about what the foreigners in neighboring countries or the other side of the sea think. For me most of them sound like low-class assbabling, with those horrible s-dropping accents Chileans, Andalusians and Caribbeans talk with.

And also, making some sort of "South American standard" won't help you in places like Mexico. Mexican dialects sound equally foreign to almost all of us, be it Chileans, peruvians, argentines... etc.

I'm doing vast generalizations of course, as there are people in all places that can more or less extrude correct sounds.

Either way, you shouldn't worry. Since you're Serbian it's most likely you'll have a funny slavic accent and you won't sound close to neither Spaniards or Latin Americans in particular.

If everybody cared about speaking "purely" Castillian, Portuguese, Catalan, italian, romanian wouldn't exist and we would all speak Latin, or proto-Indo European for that matter.

BTW, I have never heard "vamos a tomar una banana" used for "we're going to eat a banana". That would be "let's take a banana"

This is a form of Castillian Spanish, and sounds horrible, low class; nothing alike the people here is describing:

[youtube]NskPtrqMr1s[/youtube]

And this is Chilean, equally horrible:
    [youtube]LaP6QIrMjYw[/youtube]

Argentina/Uruguay:
    [youtube]lcPrVFw2CuM[/youtube]

Mexican:
    [youtube]J6j91BNVdJ4[/youtube]
    Last edited by Dario Argento; 02-16-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Last Online
    02-14-2015 @ 01:48 PM
    The true West Europe, Core of the Atlantic Facade.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtibero, Old Westerner, Atlantic Facade and 100% pure Iberian.
    Ethnicity
    Cantabri, Tierruca.
    Ancestry
    Mother Spain, father Spain ect....Until the first amoeba.
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Conquistador 100% Pure Iberian
    Politics
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Religion
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,607
    Given: 3,171

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argenraza View Post

This is a form of Castillian Spanish, and sounds horrible, low class; nothing alike the people here is describing:

[youtube]NskPtrqMr1s[/youtube]
    That's not Castilian Spanish, Si vamos a poner ejemplos de espańol castellano, hagámoslo con propiedad.

This is castilian Spanish.

[youtube]hqCsIioWihY[/youtube]

[youtube]qDf6mgKhrbY[/youtube]

Espada tengo. Lo demás, Dios lo remedie.

In the west almost all Spain had been subjugated, except that part which adjoins the cliffs where the Pyrenees end and is washed by the nearer waters of the ocean. Here two powerful nations, the Cantabrians and the Asturians, lived in freedom from the rule of Rome.")
    — Lucius Anneus Florus , Epitome de T. Livio Bellorum omnium annorum DCC Libri duo Bellum Cantabricum et Asturicum

Ethnicity of the Celts/Iberian. Tribes: Avariginos, Blendi, Concanos, Coniscos, Orgenomescos, Plentusios, Tamáricos and Vadinienses.--->http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...40#post3047240

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    basque
    Ethnicity
    basque , 25% castilian
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,587

0 Not allowed!

There isnt latin spanish and castilian spanish. Latin is for Rome(Lazio) not for amerindians, and castilian is sinonimous of spanish language. Castilian is the name of the language, not a dialect. In Southamerica is also named as castilian in countries like Argentina or Chile.

There are many spanish dialects , and Spain, and each country has his standard dialect. In Argentina the standard is rioplatense, but in northern Argentine speak diferently. In Spain , the standard is northern castilian, but Andalucia, Extremadura or even in Salamanca or Leon have diferent dialects , and in Andalucia itself , there many accents. My favourite version is evidently basque spanish from Bilbao, that is very similar to the standard of Spain

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-12-2020 @ 01:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16

0 Not allowed!

Well...I speak castilian as motherlanguage. I met southamericans from Chile, Peru and Bolivia and I understand A SHIT. In the other hand, I do understand Andalusians and other 'dialects' from Spain.
    In any case, the spanish language which spanish brought on South America with Colón, it got lost between all the indian terms amerindians used. So we cant say that southamerican speak a 'type os spanish'. No. They speak 'a type of southamerican'. A 'type of spanish' its andalusian or 'gallego'...but not southamerican

I hate the -ita and -ito...but I like the -ico and -ica.

Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 02:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Old Europe
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain.
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

1 Not allowed!

On the other hand expressions and uses that were common in Spain centuries ago are still used in some parts of South America,and often I hear much better Spanish spoken by very poor and humble people from Méjico,for example,than the incredibly poor language spoken by many teenagers nowadays in Spain.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Cantabri, Tierruca.
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Religion
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Matritensis View Post
    On the other hand expressions and uses that were common in Spain centuries ago are still used in some parts of South America,and often I hear much better Spanish spoken by very poor and humble people from Méjico,for example,than the incredibly poor language spoken by many teenagers nowadays in Spain.
    Can not say it seriously, despite politically correct it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by perikolez View Post
    My favourite version is evidently basque spanish from Bilbao, that is very similar to the standard of Spain
    No está mal, pero prefiero la de los cántabros aunque hablemos cantando. En general mis preferidas son las de centro y norte peninsular, exceptuando Cataluńa que no me gusta su acento nasal. En el Sur tolero la de Andalucía Oriental y tan solo a su clase media y alta.

In the west almost all Spain had been subjugated, except that part which adjoins the cliffs where the Pyrenees end and is washed by the nearer waters of the ocean. Here two powerful nations, the Cantabrians and the Asturians, lived in freedom from the rule of Rome.")
    — Lucius Anneus Florus , Epitome de T. Livio Bellorum omnium annorum DCC Libri duo Bellum Cantabricum et Asturicum

Ethnicity of the Celts/Iberian. Tribes: Avariginos, Blendi, Concanos, Coniscos, Orgenomescos, Plentusios, Tamáricos and Vadinienses.--->http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...40#post3047240

Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 02:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Old Europe
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain.
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Can not say it seriously, despite politically correct it sounds.
    Sorry,I've seen it sometimes.People in Spain speak worse and worse every time.About writing,I don't even want to comment anything.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Cantabri, Tierruca.
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Religion
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Sorry,I've seen it sometimes.People in Spain speak worse and worse every time.About writing,I don't even want to comment anything.
    Sometimes true, but try to watch a movie on "Latino".

My Countship is not of this world Comte Arnau's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-18-2015 @ 02:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European (Romanic)
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Ancestry
    Pyrenean
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Catalunya
    Taxonomy
    W/S Europid
    Politics
    Sovereigntism
    Religion
    Cult to Pyrene
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,755
    Given: 1,407

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by liia View Post
    the spanish language which spanish brought on South America with Colón, it got lost between all the indian terms amerindians used.
    Common Amerindian terms are hardly more than two or three dozens...

So we cant say that southamerican speak a 'type os spanish'. No. They speak 'a type of southamerican'. A 'type of spanish' its andalusian or 'gallego'...but not southamerican
    Everyone is entitled to have personal impressions and preferences, but let's say objective linguistics is not your strong point. There is no such thing as South American Spanish. What's more, coastal dialects in the Americas are closer to the southern Spanish ones, while highland dialects are closer to Castilian.

Not to mention that Galician is not a Spanish variety.

I hate the -ita and -ito...but I like the -ico and -ica.[/B]
    Diminutives like -ito/-ita or -illo/-illa are the real Castilian diminutives. Those like -ico/-ica, -ín/-ina, -ińo/-ińa, -ete/-eta are non-Castilian influences on Spanish. That's why they're far more typical in specific areas.

I completely agree. It is really sad having to correct those young Spanish nationalists in their own language, lol. (But well, it's the same everywhere, it's also pathetic when Catalan nationalists speak Catańol. If you're to defend your folk, begin by speaking the language properly.)

Oh, btw, is it deliberately that you wrote Mexico with a j?

Quote Originally Posted by CaballoLoco View Post
    En general mis preferidas son las de centro y norte peninsular, exceptuando Cataluńa que no me gusta su acento nasal.
    Ya me extrańaba a mí...

Quote Originally Posted by perikolez View Post
    Yo no soporto como hablan el castellano los ecuatorianos y bolivianos, aunque yo no soy una persona imparcial, porque probablemente sean los especimenes humanos que menos me gustan del planeta. Incluso me gusta mas como hablan el castellano los rumanos(gitanos incluidos). Tambien deberiamos hacer un estudio de las variantes dialectales de los gitanos espańoles y su vocabulario. Lo de fragoneta en vez de furgoneta pensaba que era un mito, pero tras oirselo a una gitana de Sestao en un programa de ETB, segun parece si que es verdad que lo dicen asi.
    żQué hay del errumantxela, por cierto? żEs un mito o existe? Porque el caló catalán sí existe, yo se lo he oído a gitanas viejas catalanas de las que no se identifican con las gitanas andaluzas.
    < La Catalogne peut se passer de l'univers entier, et ses voisins ne peuvent se passer d'elle. > Voltaire

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information